• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Considered a Kodak Printer for Lower Printing Costs?

In summary, the person liked their Kodak printer, but it was expensive to replace the ink and the quality of the printing was not that great. The person also disliked their Kodak printer because of the high price of the ink and the poor quality of the printing. They eventually switched to a different brand because of these issues.
CRuff
Silver Member
I am looking at replacing my printer (I've always had HP printers). I am concerned with printing costs and Kodak has been advertising cheaper ink costs. Does anyone have a Kodak? If so which model and would you recommend it. Thanks!

I got a Kodak 3250 early Dec.

my old printer, the stores stopped selling the ink (printer survived 6 years doing little league paperwork and 2 1/2 years Pampered Chef).. I think I got my money's worth out of it.. but was never impressed with the cost of ink.

The Kodak I got, ink is very reasonalble. I like the quality of the print too.

Thanks! I was hoping for some more likes or dislikes on the Kodak brand. Anyone else out there that can comment?

I very much disliked our Kodak printer. We bought it and the printer itself was cheaper than getting one ink cartridge replacement! (And the printer came with 2 full size cartridges!!) It was a huge dissapointment, especially since the ink always ran out really fast and was poor quality printing. I couldn't print pictures to save a life on it and documents weren't the best either.

I spent the money on a HP on and now not only is my ink cheaper, but it lasts 3 times as long. And the print quality is 5x better. I <3 my HP and would never go back.

I bought a kodak 3250 it seems to go thru ink very quickly. Quality is ok. Easy to load pictures right thru printer from your card. I really like the scanning. Also if you run out of color ink but have black it will not print unless both catridges have ink in them. I already have it so I'm just gonna use it. I probably should have researched more.

ShelbyMichalek said:
I very much disliked our Kodak printer. We bought it and the printer itself was cheaper than getting one ink cartridge replacement! (And the printer came with 2 full size cartridges!!) It was a huge dissapointment, especially since the ink always ran out really fast and was poor quality printing. I couldn't print pictures to save a life on it and documents weren't the best either.

I spent the money on a HP on and now not only is my ink cheaper, but it lasts 3 times as long. And the print quality is 5x better. I <3 my HP and would never go back.

Thanks for the input. I kinda had a hunch that the ink may be used up quickly. I've always had HP and had good luck, I guess I will bite the bullet on the price and get another HP.

I had a kodak printer and HATED IT! It went through ink quickly and I had CONSTANTLY clean the print heads to improve print quality. I sent 1 back to the company, they sent me a replacement, I plugged it in and it smelled like it was smoking! I then sent that one back and got another replacement. Had the same print quality issues and ink usage problems as before. I finally threw it out, did a little dance on it, and bought an HP. :) I STONGLY encourage you to buy ANYTHING else.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind, just wanted to add my 2 cents. Since I did promise Kodak I would make sure to tell everyone how unhappy I was with the product. :)

I'm happy with my Kodak printer. It is noisy though. But the ink is so much cheaper it fits my budget better than HP, etc. I think the quality of the printing is as good as my old HP.

I have a Canon MX870 and love it. The ink is reasonably priced and I love the multifunctions, b/s and color.

My printer just died last month in the middle of printing flyers. Went out a bought a HP Photosmart. All colors are seperate cartriges. Love it. Has display to see when you need ink. Images are vibrant and pictures are so clear. Recomend this printer. $99.00 in Wisconsin.

Related to Have You Considered a Kodak Printer for Lower Printing Costs?

1. How do I connect my Kodak printer to my computer?

To connect your Kodak printer to your computer, you will need to use a USB cable or connect to a wireless network. For a USB connection, simply plug one end of the cable into your printer and the other end into your computer. For a wireless connection, follow the instructions in your printer's manual to connect to a Wi-Fi network.

2. How do I replace the ink cartridges in my Kodak printer?

To replace the ink cartridges in your Kodak printer, first make sure your printer is turned on. Open the printer cover and wait for the carriage to stop moving. Then, press down on the old cartridge to release it and remove it from the printer. Insert the new cartridge and press down until it clicks into place. Close the printer cover and your printer will automatically calibrate and be ready to use.

3. Can I use non-Kodak ink cartridges in my Kodak printer?

Kodak printers are designed to work best with Kodak ink cartridges. While non-Kodak cartridges may work, they may not produce the same quality of prints and could potentially damage your printer. We recommend using genuine Kodak ink cartridges for the best results.

4. How do I troubleshoot issues with my Kodak printer?

If you are experiencing issues with your Kodak printer, the first step is to check for any error messages or alerts on the printer's display screen. If there are no errors, try restarting your printer and computer. If the issue persists, consult your printer's manual or contact Kodak customer support for further assistance.

5. Are there any tips for maintaining my Kodak printer?

To keep your Kodak printer in top condition, make sure to regularly clean the printer's exterior and interior for any dust or debris. It is also important to replace ink cartridges before they run completely out to avoid damage to the printer. Additionally, make sure to use your printer regularly to prevent the ink from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dooleycrew
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef