• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has TPC Changed for Veteran Consultants?

In summary, the conversation is about long-term consultants discussing their experience with The Pampered Chef (TPC) company. They mention how the company has changed in terms of technology and products, but overall has stayed the same with its high-quality and refined style. They also mention the great opportunities for goal setting, incentives, and work-life balance. The consultants also appreciate how the company is always looking towards the future and improving. Some specific changes mentioned include the improved catalog, toll-free number, and incentives, as well as getting rid of an automated phone system. Overall, they all love being a part of TPC and agree that hosting shows is the best way to sell products and build a successful business.
heat123
Silver Member
I've been with TPC for 1.5 years now (and still love it as much as the day I signed). I was wondering for those who've been doing this for 5-10+ years how much has TPC changed over the years if any, aside from of course Modern technology(computers, email, PP, new products etc)? Has it stayed the same for the most part, just wondering? I love the company and see some people have been doing this for quite some time obviously you love it too!? Just curious?

The products are classier now than when I started- more investment pieces, and less gadgety things.
PWS is great!

I have only been a consultant for 3.5 years but have been a die-hard-PC-junkie since '99. The recipes and products have become more gourmet and less, I dunno, less not-gourmet - LOL. The whole company has gone toward a more refined, high class style...

In Sept it will be 7 years for me and I have to tell you I still love PC as much today as when I started. The products change yes, the catalogs look better and better tecnology has gotten better , but for the most part nothing really has changed .
What I love the most is the goals that you can set for yourself .If you want to work for something you work harder if you want products free you can get them. I feel good about what I do and how much it has changed my life for the better , I'm home during the day for my kids and love that ( even though they are in school during the day now)
I look forward to see the new products and insentive I think that keeps it so motivating I hope you love it as much as I and many others do for a long time :p

I agree with what the others have said. I've been with PC for over 5 years, and I've NEVER had a moment that I have regretted joining. I love this company more every year. Especially after getting to go to conference. Things have changed as far as keeping up with technology & modern trends, but the thing that hasn't changed is this company always takes care of us:)

I've only been a consultant for (almost) 3 years, but I've been a good customer/host for over 10. The recipes are more up-to-date, with lots more healthy alternatives. There seem to be many more serving pieces--things that will work for those "I don't cook" guests.

I have been a consultant for 4 years this month. But as others have said I also have been a loyal customer for 10 years! I just love how this company is always looking to the future. Looking to provide us and our customers with products that we can truly use in our busy lives.

The hardest changes for me have been the ones for the new consultant programs. I think they have been Awesome! Just hard for me to get used to sometimes. I think this newest program for new consultants is Absolutely Awesome!

In May, I will be celebrating 13 years, prior to selling I had 1 show and was a guest 1 x I called my Director and asked to sign.
Biggest changes I've seen:
catalog (much better)
toll free #
better products (I hated the magic mop) YUK!!
incentives get better & more frequent
PC in media more
NO MORE ROSIE the automated PC phone robot!!
direct deposit
quicker shipping
when I started shipping was $2.50 I still think $4.00 is a bargain

Teresa Lynn said:
In May, I will be celebrating 13 years, prior to selling I had 1 show and was a guest 1 x I called my Director and asked to sign.
Biggest changes I've seen:
catalog (much better)
toll free #
better products (I hated the magic mop) YUK!!
incentives get better & more frequent
PC in media more
NO MORE ROSIE the automated PC phone robot!!
direct deposit
quicker shipping
when I started shipping was $2.50 I still think $4.00 is a bargain
Wow, a computer answered phones before?? How nice to hear that after all these years PC has basically stayed the same as far as how awesome of a Co. it is and always has been to it's consultants!

I think the biggest thing that has stayed the same is that "The Show's The Thing". It's the best way to sell products, build your business, and build a team.

I agree with all of the above :) Even though we have grown ALOT, things have just gotten better over time. They are always looking for ways to improve our products, our programs, our software. I just love going to conference and listening to Doris address the crowd on the first night. This company has grown far beyond her wildest dreams and yet she still treats us like we are her family. I have never felt like I was just a number. I feel like what we say, want, and do really matters to the home office.

I joined PC almost 9 years ago. During that time I have been a stay at home mom, worked full time, worked part time, my husband has lost his job, we have moved to another part of the country....many life changes. The one constant (other than my family :D ) has been PC. It has offered me the opportunity to turn it up or turn it down as my family needs have changed.

I love this company!

Last edited:
GeorgiaPeach said:
I agree with all of the above :) Even though we have grown ALOT, things have just gotten better over time. They are always looking for ways to improve our products, our programs, our software. I just love going to conference and listening to Doris address the crowd on the first night. This company has grown far beyond her wildest dreams and yet she still treats us like we are her family. I have never felt like I was just a number. I feel like what we say, want, and do really matters to the home office.

I joined PC almost 9 years ago. During that time I have been a stay at home mom, worked full time, worked part time, my husband has lost his job, we have moved to another part of the company....many life changes. The one constant (other than my family :D ) has been PC. It has offered me the opportunity to turn it up or turn it down as my family needs have changed.

I love this company!
That's just awesome to hear stuff like this!

we didn't have PP in the begining either. orders were counted on a master order form with tally marks and mailed into HO

I've been a consultant for almost 5 years so I have always used PP. The changes I see for consultants have been awesome! The PC website is so easy to navigate and contains everything we could need. Not thrilled with the limitations of P3 but I understand why they introduced them for new consultants now (I still use PP but have P3 on the computer in case a new consultant has a question). Customer service, while not perfect, is unparalleled in this kind of business. Most of the operators can fix our problems in minutes and delivery time has moved from 2 weeks to 2 days in many cases! WOW! I do think the company has become way too corporate though.

I have been a PC customer/host since 1983 and I can tell you that PC is still true to their mission statement and original concept while still keeping everything (recipes, products...) fresh and new for the evolving customer base. Personally, I like the new direction of gourmet type products and recipes but I wish they would give us more new basic tools for those that are not interested in those things (They want new too! Not just the same old rings). I would also like to see more recipes that are weight loss friendly.

I love being a PC consultant and director and have never had a regret that I chose this company!!

Teresa Lynn said:
we didn't have PP in the begining either. orders were counted on a master order form with tally marks and mailed into HO

When I joined you had to pay $50 for PP :eek: I submitted my first 15 shows "by hand". After spending over an hour...on more than one show!...trying to find why I was out of balance, I broke down and bought the software. Click, click, click...voila! It's done :)

Best $50 ever spent :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten about that!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
When I joined you had to pay $50 for PP :eek: I submitted my first 15 shows "by hand". After spending over an hour...on more than one show!...trying to find why I was out of balance, I broke down and bought the software. Click, click, click...voila! It's done :)

Best $50 ever spent :rolleyes:
But! Didn't we get our $50 back in PC dollars, or was that a promotion when I started?? Not sure! The other thing was that it came on little floppy disks and it was DOS Based, wasn't it? It didn't become windows based until like 6 years ago! Remember when cluster management was a whole other program on different disks? :eek: They have come sooooooooo far!
The newsletters didn't use to be anything like they are now!!! They were good but now they rock!
BUT MY FAVORITE improvement is their training!!!!!!! I can't believe how great their training is now! The new DVD at the beginning of every season and all the recipe training is fabulous and if you can survive Lisa (the lady who is with the professional chef and all the test kitchen ladies) (you know what I mean, "WOW! so & so...(persons name) so what your saying is ...." she just drives me CRAZY! I swear she reads from a script! Sorry, I coldn't resist....:rolleyes:, then the training is fabulous. I love how they show the recipes now in fast speed but slow down for the important parts. And the professional chef.... well I just love that they have included someone with such expertise!!! What a great tool! Also the on-line training! And the fact that we can buy the dvds or cd's with our paperwork order, instead of the lending library! I always forgot and then got charged and it became expensive!!!

I have to agree with you GeoriaPeach about the business, it has been just awesome for my family. Because of PC, I was able to stay home with my kids and kept us from total financial disaster! We have survived a major strike, a few job changes, and layoffs for my hubby and PC made the difference! It gave me hope and kept me from going out of my mind a couple of times when things were crazy financially! I started doing this business because I needed extra money because of the strike and it has been heaven sent! I did 7 shows in 5 weeks and made over $700 when I first started and it convinced me that I had truely found something special. I have been able to work more when I need more and slow down when things got crazy!
And I love it more now than when I first started!!!
The company is great and I am proud to be a part of a company that recognizes our hard work and stands behind us and their products. I love how Doris is with all of us and the fact that she is a strong christian woman who gives all the glory to God!
Okay, I'll stop now, I could go on and on, but I must get some work done!:)

Last edited:
MissChef said:
Also the on-line training! And the fact that we can buy the dvds or cd's with our paperwork order, instead of the lending library! I always forgot and then got charged and it became expensive!!!

I'd forgotten about the whole lending library deal!!! I was always forgetting to send them back too! I LOVE being able to buy them for so cheap, and then listen to them, and lend them out, and listen to them some more! LOVE THAT!

Related to Has TPC Changed for Veteran Consultants?

1. How can veteran consultants stay motivated and continue to grow their business?

One way for veteran consultants to stay motivated is by setting new goals for their business. This can include reaching a certain sales milestone, adding new team members, or hosting a certain number of parties. Additionally, attending conferences and trainings can provide new ideas and inspiration for growing their business.

2. What resources are available for veteran consultants to improve their sales techniques?

Veteran consultants have access to a variety of resources, including online training courses, sales and marketing materials, and one-on-one coaching sessions with experienced consultants. These resources can help improve sales techniques and keep them up-to-date with the latest trends in the industry.

3. How can veteran consultants maintain a work-life balance while running their business?

To maintain a work-life balance, it is important for veteran consultants to set boundaries and prioritize their time. This can include setting specific working hours, delegating tasks to team members, and scheduling time for self-care and family. It is also important to remember that it is okay to say no to certain opportunities or events if it will cause too much stress or disrupt the balance.

4. What are the best strategies for networking and finding new customers as a veteran consultant?

Networking with other consultants, attending community events, and utilizing social media are all effective strategies for finding new customers. Additionally, offering incentives for referrals and hosting parties or pop-up events can help expand the consultant's customer base.

5. How can veteran consultants continue to stay updated with new products and promotions?

By staying connected with the company through newsletters, social media, and attending conferences and trainings, veteran consultants can stay updated with new product releases and promotions. Additionally, connecting with other consultants and attending team meetings can provide valuable information and updates on the company's offerings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views