• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has This Happened to Anyone Before??

" When we talked on Tuesday you said it was a go. I would want to make a snide remark, but that would really not get you anywhere.
rennea
Gold Member
A friend of mine who is a consultant for another DS company showed up at a hosts house last night and when she got there the host opened the door and said "oh, didn't you know I decided to cancel". She drove 30 minutes to get to the womens place. She said that she called the woman on Tuesday to make sure she didn't have any questions and it was a go then.

Anyways she called to ask me if I have ever ran into this before. Well I haven't and she wanted to know what I would have done. I'm kind of stunned by this, has this ever happened to anybody else??

What could you do really? Aside from standing there shocked? I probably would tell the host, no I didn't know that. When we talked on Tuesday you said it was a go. I would want to make a snide remark, but that would really not get you anywhere.

How awful!!!!

Many consultants recommend calling the day before or the day of the show to let the host know you are planning to see him/her that night. I don't always do this, but not a bad habit to get into... just to not get the "surprise, I cancelled" announcement at the door!

Actually YES I have!! I had a 10:30 am Sat brunch scheduled talked to her the night before. Was expecting maybe 5 so no big hopes but a show. And she lived above the downtown so a flight of stairs so I packed light. Drove only 10 miles but had a load at the door and she said "Oh I forgot to call you, I called my guests I am sick and cancelled the show." Shouldn't I have been her first call!!!! Anyway I said "try to get outside orders for a show" and left. Went home and spent the day with my family. I never called her and never had the catalog show. I didn't want to bother...

katie0128 said:
Many consultants recommend calling the day before or the day of the show to let the host know you are planning to see him/her that night. I don't always do this, but not a bad habit to get into... just to not get the "surprise, I cancelled" announcement at the door!

I have started calling my host right before I leave my house for their show, even if I just talked to them the night before or 2 days before. I tell them that I'm on my way, and ask them if I can pick anything up at the store that they may have forgotten. Sometimes, they take me up on it ("oh, I forgot the cheese" or "I couldn't find the nuts"), but usually, they just give me a quick update, and I tell them "OK, I'll see you in XX minutes!"

She should also make sure she's doing all three host coaching calls (if her co. does that) to keep in constant touch with the host. I always put on my host cover letter in my host packet that they should contact me asap if they need to reschedule their show, too.

Sorry about that - that is really strange!!! ((HUGS)) to your friend!!

trps said:
Actually YES I have!! I had a 10:30 am Sat brunch scheduled talked to her the night before. Was expecting maybe 5 so no big hopes but a show. And she lived above the downtown so a flight of stairs so I packed light. Drove only 10 miles but had a load at the door and she said "Oh I forgot to call you, I called my guests I am sick and cancelled the show." Shouldn't I have been her first call!!!! Anyway I said "try to get outside orders for a show" and left. Went home and spent the day with my family. I never called her and never had the catalog show. I didn't want to bother...

How horrible, you know if this ever happened to me I don't think I could be nice at all.

WowWOW :eek:

That's horrible!!! I can't believe someone would do that. I definitely call my hosts several times that week to find out the exact number who RSVP'd, directions to the house, and to make sure they have all the ingredients for the recipe if they wanted to buy it themselves.

I would have said "Wow I didn't get a call from you saying you cancelled so there was really no way for me to know. I wish you would have told me sooner, it took me 30 minutes to get here. This is my business and I could have had another show booked for today. I hope you will work on outside orders to at least make this a catalog show because I was totally unprepared for this."
It would get my point across and if she had any integrity at all, she would apologize and try to make it right.

Debbie :D

:eek: Wow, is right! Luckily, I haven't ran into this situation. I will definitely take in the tip of calling on my way to the show. I usually call the day before, but you just never know!

Related to Has This Happened to Anyone Before??

1. Has anyone ever had a problem with a Pampered Chef product?

Occasionally, there may be a defect or issue with a Pampered Chef product. We stand by our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you experience any problems, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Can I return a Pampered Chef product if it breaks or doesn't work?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee and will gladly replace or refund any Pampered Chef product that does not meet your expectations. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with returns or exchanges.

3. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use?

Yes, all of our products are thoroughly tested and meet safety standards. We also offer tips and guidelines for safe use and care of our products to ensure your continued satisfaction and safety.

4. How do I know if a Pampered Chef product will work with my specific cooking equipment?

We design our products to be versatile and compatible with most standard cooking equipment. However, if you have any concerns, please feel free to contact our customer service team for more information.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products anywhere besides through a consultant?

Our products are exclusively sold through independent Pampered Chef consultants. This allows for personalized service and support from knowledgeable consultants. If you do not have a consultant, you can find one in your area through our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • pcsharon1