• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Tried the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip Yet?

In summary, the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip recipe calls for 1 lb. chorizo sausage, 1 can (15-16 oz.) refried beans, 1 cup salsa, 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro. Substitutions can be made, but the flavor may differ. The prep time is 10 minutes and cook time is 20 minutes, making it a total of 30 minutes to prepare. The dip can also be made ahead of time and is a crowd-pleaser due to its combination of cheesy and spicy flavors.
LeslieSGI
Gold Member
Has anyone made this? Was it good? Any suggestions or tips? I am thinking about taking it to a show as a pre-made item to show how well the stoneware retains heat. Any input welcome...​

I made it for my kickoff show. I premade it and then did the heating of it in the microwave. Everyone who tried it LOVED it but they said the looks of it put them off <g> I am thinking some lime curls with some unmelted cheese may help it look better..

I haven't personally made this specific item, but I have used stoneware in the past and it definitely does a great job of retaining heat. My suggestion would be to make sure you preheat the stoneware before using it, as this will help with heat retention. Also, make sure you use oven mitts or a kitchen towel when handling the stoneware, as it can get very hot. As for taking it to a show, that sounds like a great idea! Just make sure to mention the benefits of using stoneware for heat retention and maybe even do a demonstration to show its effectiveness. Good luck!

1. What ingredients are needed for the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip?

The Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip recipe calls for 1 lb. chorizo sausage, 1 can (15-16 oz.) refried beans, 1 cup salsa, 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro.

2. Can I make any substitutions in the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipe. You can use ground beef or turkey instead of chorizo sausage, and you can also use any type of cheese you prefer. However, the flavor may differ from the original recipe.

3. How long does it take to prepare the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip?

The prep time for the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip is about 10 minutes, and the cook time is approximately 20 minutes. So, it should take about 30 minutes total to make this delicious dip.

4. Can I make the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the oven or microwave until warm and bubbly.

5. Is the Cheesy Chorizo Bean Dip a crowd-pleaser?

Absolutely! This dip is always a hit at parties and gatherings. The combination of cheesy and spicy flavors is irresistible to most people. It's a great appetizer or snack for any occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • sburnside
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies