• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Tried Lasagna in Dcb W/No Boil Noodles

Well I'm not 100% sure but I'm assuming Boca Crumbles are like ground up non beef beef. I know Boca Burgers are soy burgers (and delicious) So I'm guessing boca crumbles are the soy version of ground beef. I'm interested to try this recipe. I've only used non boil noodles once for lasagna in oven and was not impressed and have never bought non boil noodles again. Prefer to make with traditional noodles that require...You are correct, the Boca Crumbles are soy-based ground beef. I've never used them before but I'm definitely going to try this recipe. Thanks for the clarification! :)
BeckyC5830
Has anyone tried this yet? What's your experience? I want to make it for dinner tonight and would appreciate any tips. Otherwise I'll have tips to share with you later this evening. ;)

Thanks.

That is the only way I know how to make it & I just follow directions but I make it in the oven not microwave.

I should've clarified that I wanted to put the Lasagna in the microwave, not the oven.

Anyway, I did it and it was wonderful! Used four layers of noodles, sauce, boca crumbles and cheese sauce -- it was excellent. Microwaved covered on high 15 minutes -- next time I will check it around 13 minutes. Then I let it set for 15 minutes while my Garlic Bites baked -- they were good too.

BeckyC5830 said:
I should've clarified that I wanted to put the Lasagna in the microwave, not the oven.

Anyway, I did it and it was wonderful! Used four layers of noodles, sauce, boca crumbles and cheese sauce -- it was excellent. Microwaved covered on high 15 minutes -- next time I will check it around 13 minutes. Then I let it set for 15 minutes while my Garlic Bites baked -- they were good too.

Thanks for this, Becky. I am conducting a class on Saturday and will tell everyone about this.

Here's the recipe I made up for the DCB Quick Lasagna.

No Boil Lasagna Noodles
1 can 26.5 oz Hunts Spaghetti Sauce Traditional
1 pkt of Boca Crumbles
8 oz. of LF Ricotta Cheese
1/4 c. Fresh Parmesan Cheese - Shredded/Grated
1 Slightly Beaten Egg
1 t. Italian Seasoning
2 c. Shredded Mozzerella Cheese

Heat up Spaghetti Sauce and Boca (Soy) Crumbles on the stove or in microcooker.

Mix in Batter Bowl Ricotta, Parmesan Cheese, 1 1/2 c. Mozz Cheese, Italian Seasoning and slightly beaten egg.

With Kitchen Spritzer lightly spray the DCB. Put 1/2 cup of Spaghetti Sauce with Boca Crumbles on the bottom of the DCB. Arrange two lasagna noodles on top (may have to break them up to fit, but don't overlap them) Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce on top, then add 1/4 of the Sauce on top. Repeat layers with noodles, cheese, sauce. The top layer has the cheese mixture, remaining sauce and the remaining Mozz. Cheese. Cover put in Microwave -- start checking around 13 minutes. The Lasagna is done when the noodles are soft. Let sit covered for 10 minutes.

Thanks for this!

I'm going to have to try it....what a great way to make Lasagna w/o heating up the kitchen!

Good to know it works good in the microwave.....45mins is forever in the oven. :)

Can I ask a dumb question? What are Boca crumbles and where can I find them?

babywings76 said:

Well, I am feeling dumb right along with you..no, even dumber. I have a 40 year food service career and I am asking this question!!!

BeckyC5830 said:
Here's the recipe I made up for the DCB Quick Lasagna.

No Boil Lasagna Noodles
1 can 26.5 oz Hunts Spaghetti Sauce Traditional
1 pkt of Boca Crumbles
8 oz. of LF Ricotta Cheese
1/4 c. Fresh Parmesan Cheese - Shredded/Grated
1 Slightly Beaten Egg
1 t. Italian Seasoning
2 c. Shredded Mozzerella Cheese

Heat up Spaghetti Sauce and Boca (Soy) Crumbles on the stove or in microcooker.

Mix in Batter Bowl Ricotta, Parmesan Cheese, 1 1/2 c. Mozz Cheese, Italian Seasoning and slightly beaten egg.

With Kitchen Spritzer lightly spray the DCB. Put 1/2 cup of Spaghetti Sauce with Boca Crumbles on the bottom of the DCB. Arrange two lasagna noodles on top (may have to break them up to fit, but don't overlap them) Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce on top, then add 1/4 of the Sauce on top. Repeat layers with noodles, cheese, sauce. The top layer has the cheese mixture, remaining sauce and the remaining Mozz. Cheese. Cover put in Microwave -- start checking around 13 minutes. The Lasagna is done when the noodles are soft. Let sit covered for 10 minutes.

I'm going to try this as well, this could be a great demo as well, a variation of the "Mexican Lasagna"...hmmm..a weekend meal...LOL

baychef said:
Well, I am feeling dumb right along with you..no, even dumber. I have a 40 year food service career and I am asking this question!!!

Well I'm not 100% sure but I'm assuming Boca Crumbles are like ground up non beef beef. I know Boca Burgers are soy burgers (and delicious) So I'm guessing boca crumbles are the soy version of ground beef. I'm interested to try this recipe. I've only used non boil noodles once for lasagna in oven and was not impressed and have never bought non boil noodles again. Prefer to make with traditional noodles that require boiling. Also never tried in microwave. I could chance it though. Luckily DH is not picky and nothing usually goes to waste:eek:

Just Googled it and yes! You are correct! Sounds good!

babywings76 said:

I see someone else answered, but Boca is a Soy Protein. The product I used is Boca Meatless Ground Burger -- looks just like fried crumbled ground beef, but it is very low in fat -- 0.5 gram per 1/2 cup serving. I always have some on hand in the freezer. I love using it in Chili, Lasagna, Sloppy Joes, etc. I am not a vegetarian, I just know that these are tasty and are healthier for my family and me. And my family always tell me whatever dish I put them in is really good, but they can't put their finger on it, and I never reveal my secret as they would stop eating whatever they are enjoying.

Let me know how your versions turn out!

BeckyC5830 said:
I see someone else answered, but Boca is a Soy Protein. The product I used is Boca Meatless Ground Burger -- looks just like fried crumbled ground beef, but it is very low in fat -- 0.5 gram per 1/2 cup serving. I always have some on hand in the freezer. I love using it in Chili, Lasagna, Sloppy Joes, etc. I am not a vegetarian, I just know that these are tasty and are healthier for my family and me. And my family always tell me whatever dish I put them in is really good, but they can't put their finger on it, and I never reveal my secret as they would stop eating whatever they are enjoying.

Let me know how your versions turn out!

I use Boca Crumbles quite often....they are really good. We also like Boca Burgers for a really quick meal. DH even requests them for his lunch quite often!

ChefBeckyD said:
I use Boca Crumbles quite often....they are really good. We also like Boca Burgers for a really quick meal. DH even requests them for his lunch quite often!

I love Boca Burgers with slices of Avocado on them for a quick lunch!

1. Can I use regular lasagna noodles in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is designed to be used with no-boil lasagna noodles. Regular lasagna noodles require boiling before use, which can be messy and time-consuming. No-boil noodles can be used directly in the Deep Covered Baker, saving time and effort.

2. How many layers of lasagna can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker can accommodate up to 3 layers of lasagna, depending on the size and shape of your noodles and the depth of your ingredients. It is important to leave some space at the top of the baker for the lasagna to expand during cooking.

3. Do I need to add extra liquid when using no-boil noodles in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, the no-boil noodles will absorb moisture from the sauce and other ingredients as they cook, so there is no need to add extra liquid. Make sure to evenly spread the sauce and other wet ingredients between the layers of noodles.

4. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to make vegetarian lasagna?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used to make a variety of lasagna recipes, including vegetarian ones. Simply substitute your preferred vegetarian protein and vegetables for the meat in the recipe and follow the same instructions for layering and cooking.

5. How long does it take to cook lasagna in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for lasagna in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on the ingredients and size of the lasagna. On average, it takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour for the lasagna to cook through. It is important to check the internal temperature of the lasagna using a meat thermometer before serving to ensure it has reached a safe temperature of 165°F.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies