1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Anyone tried Lasagna in DCB w/No Boil Noodles

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Has anyone tried this yet? What's your experience? I want to make it for dinner tonight and would appreciate any tips. Otherwise I'll have tips to share with you later this evening. ;)

Thanks.

Jun 2, 2009
  2. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

That is the only way I know how to make it & I just follow directions but I make it in the oven not microwave.

Jun 2, 2009
  3. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I should've clarified that I wanted to put the Lasagna in the microwave, not the oven.

Anyway, I did it and it was wonderful! Used four layers of noodles, sauce, boca crumbles and cheese sauce -- it was excellent. Microwaved covered on high 15 minutes -- next time I will check it around 13 minutes. Then I let it set for 15 minutes while my Garlic Bites baked -- they were good too.

Jun 2, 2009
  4. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks for this, Becky. I am conducting a class on Saturday and will tell everyone about this.

5. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Here's the recipe I made up for the DCB Quick Lasagna.

No Boil Lasagna Noodles
    1 can 26.5 oz Hunts Spaghetti Sauce Traditional
    1 pkt of Boca Crumbles
    8 oz. of LF Ricotta Cheese
    1/4 c. Fresh Parmesan Cheese - Shredded/Grated
    1 Slightly Beaten Egg
    1 t. Italian Seasoning
    2 c. Shredded Mozzerella Cheese

Heat up Spaghetti Sauce and Boca (Soy) Crumbles on the stove or in microcooker.

Mix in Batter Bowl Ricotta, Parmesan Cheese, 1 1/2 c. Mozz Cheese, Italian Seasoning and slightly beaten egg.

With Kitchen Spritzer lightly spray the DCB. Put 1/2 cup of Spaghetti Sauce with Boca Crumbles on the bottom of the DCB. Arrange two lasagna noodles on top (may have to break them up to fit, but don't overlap them) Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce on top, then add 1/4 of the Sauce on top. Repeat layers with noodles, cheese, sauce. The top layer has the cheese mixture, remaining sauce and the remaining Mozz. Cheese. Cover put in Microwave -- start checking around 13 minutes. The Lasagna is done when the noodles are soft. Let sit covered for 10 minutes.

Jun 3, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks for this!

I'm going to have to try it....what a great way to make Lasagna w/o heating up the kitchen!

Jun 3, 2009
  7. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

Good to know it works good in the microwave.....45mins is forever in the oven. :)

Jun 3, 2009
  8. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Can I ask a dumb question? What are Boca crumbles and where can I find them?

Jun 3, 2009
  9. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Well, I am feeling dumb right along with you..no, even dumber. I have a 40 year food service career and I am asking this question!!!

Jun 3, 2009
  10. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I'm going to try this as well, this could be a great demo as well, a variation of the "Mexican Lasagna"...hmmm..a weekend meal...LOL

Jun 3, 2009
  11. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

Well I'm not 100% sure but I'm assuming Boca Crumbles are like ground up non beef beef. I know Boca Burgers are soy burgers (and delicious) So I'm guessing boca crumbles are the soy version of ground beef. I'm interested to try this recipe. I've only used non boil noodles once for lasagna in oven and was not impressed and have never bought non boil noodles again. Prefer to make with traditional noodles that require boiling. Also never tried in microwave. I could chance it though. Luckily DH is not picky and nothing usually goes to waste:eek:

Jun 3, 2009
  12. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Just Googled it and yes! You are correct! Sounds good!

Jun 3, 2009
  13. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I see someone else answered, but Boca is a Soy Protein. The product I used is Boca Meatless Ground Burger -- looks just like fried crumbled ground beef, but it is very low in fat -- 0.5 gram per 1/2 cup serving. I always have some on hand in the freezer. I love using it in Chili, Lasagna, Sloppy Joes, etc. I am not a vegetarian, I just know that these are tasty and are healthier for my family and me. And my family always tell me whatever dish I put them in is really good, but they can't put their finger on it, and I never reveal my secret as they would stop eating whatever they are enjoying.

Let me know how your versions turn out!

Jun 3, 2009
  14. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I use Boca Crumbles quite often....they are really good. We also like Boca Burgers for a really quick meal. DH even requests them for his lunch quite often!

Jun 3, 2009
  15. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I love Boca Burgers with slices of Avocado on them for a quick lunch!

Jun 4, 2009
Have something to add?