• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Had a Tapas Show Yet?

I like the flavor more that way. I also like to make up a little of the pesto and marinara and put it on the plate so everyone can put some on their plate. I have also used roasted red peppers, grilled chicken, shrimp, and even some salmon. I have also used the same ingredients for a couple of different main dishes- a shrimp and roasted pepper dish and a chicken and roasted pepper dish. I think its fun to experiment.
ladybug
I was suggesting a tapas show to my host for her party this weekend. Since you ladies have always given me a "heads up" about recipes, etc, I thought I'd ask first, as usual. Ever done the tapas show?? It is a big hit?? Is it fairly okay to make in front of guests? Any tips? I was thinking of making the breads at the show and while it is in the oven making the other toppings, that way the stone and pastry brush is shown.
I am going to make them this weekend, but I wanted to ask, the recipe states to add goat cheese, but then has a line that it may be omitted b/c of the strong taste. Has anyone found the goat cheese too strong and just used cream cheese?

I need a heads up ladies!!! Love your help, in advance!!!

Tapas ShowsI have had two tapas shows and they were both big hits. Guests loved trying different topping combos, which appealed to everyones taste buds. I baked the bread before the guests arrived, which created a warm and inviting aroma . I just showed the pastry brush and explained what I did before they got there, since a demo wasn't really necessary. (how to use the pastry brush is pretty much self-explanitory!) When I made the toppings, I used all cream cheese instead of half goat cheese. Partially because of the strong taste, which personally I love, but also because of the cost. Cream cheese is less expensive for your host to purchase. I also did not demo the Garlic Shrimp topping (because of the expense), I just did a demo of the Olive Salad, the Pesto-Almond, and the Warm Marinara. I did give out the recipe for the garlic shrimp topping, though, so that guests would know that there are other topping options. I've heard that you can substitute chicken in place of shrimp, which gives you another alternative, at a lesser cost, however, I have not tried it. I also used ripe olives at one of the shows, in place of the kalamata olives, because the small supermarket where that host shops did not carry kalamatas. It tasted great.
Hope this gives you a little bit of insite. Good Luck! :)

Dawn

I've got a couple Tapas shows coming up, so I love the suggestions. I, too, am skipping the shrimp topping one and just doing the other 3. I heard you have to double or triple the cream cheese mixture, right? I think it said that you have to do that if you're doing more than one topping. That's a good point about the goat cheese expense, though. I love goat cheese, but didn't even think of that. I"ll have to pass that along to my hosts!

I'd love to hear more "do's and don'ts" about the tapas show!

I did a Tapas show- I suggest using the goat cheese, as it's super yummy! I wished I had the SA Entertainment set, but since I don't (yet- I've ordered it now!) I used the prep bowls. It's also great to have the small bamboo spoons.

This may be a stupid question, but how do you pronouce "tapas" I want to offer the show but I need to know what I'm talking about first :eek:

Thanks,
Michelle

Tapas partiesI've done several Tapas show and hadn't thought to substitute the goats cheese. You can get a less expensive version in what looks like a sardine tin. It's a spreadable version and tastes just the same. Most people like the opportunity to try a new taste and are pleasantly surprised that they lilke the goats cheese.

I do warn my hosts that it is a more expensive recipe and they have been fine with that for the most part - liking something new and different. We always do the shrimp and marinara recipes and sometimes the others. You can get frozen small precooked shrimp at a little better price and just rinse the shrimp in cold water, drain well and saute just for the last minute or so to warm it.

It is a very popular theme as long as the host is warned about the cost.

I love the Tapas so does my family(test subjects). I have made them quite a few times, for my family and friends and for a couple of shows. they were a big hit. I use the whole pkg of cream cheeze and the goat cheeze. I also do the least expinisive of the topings but I did give the option of the garlic shrimp. (I have done the garlic shrimp at home and it was yummy.)I also make the bread in the bread tube before the show. More or less everything is pretty much done. I talk about the tools I used and they eat. Big Hit and very fast :) .

quikcook said:
This may be a stupid question, but how do you pronouce "tapas" I want to offer the show but I need to know what I'm talking about first :eek:

Thanks,
Michelle

I pronouce it "Top-uhhs". At conference when the new Celebrations shows were introduced they talked about how Tapas bars are popular in Spain. I thought they were saying TOPLESS (!) bars. :)

I have done two Tapas shows and everyone loved them...very festive & colorful. I went online to find out a little history on them and used that as an intro to the recipe. I used goat cheese for both shows and people were nervous about trying something new, but found themselves pleasantly surprised (note: I used 1/2 the amount called out and compensated with more of the cream cheese).
At one show, I baked the bread before the show and forgot to talk about stoneware, but I used my professional skillet to cook the shrimp and was able to get a booking in order to get the cookware. I put the cheese mix and the toppings in Simple Additions bowls, the guests made their own.
At my second show, which was also a bridal show, the host wanted more of an "express" show so that they could concentrate on games, etc. So, I went ahead and made them as people were coming into the home and then talked about it in response to the presentation, which was done really nicely on Simple Additions stuff. It was a lot of fun to approach it this way.
I like the baguettes, rather than regular french bread (due to the size)...I also like using the scalloped bread tube. I have not tried the olive topping, was surprised at how yummy the pesto topping was (I added the 'flowered' tomato garnish), shrimp is always popular, and many have really commented how much they liked the pizza topping!
later,
maria

GeorgiaPeach said:
I pronouce it "Top-uhhs". At conference when the new Celebrations shows were introduced they talked about how Tapas bars are popular in Spain. I thought they were saying TOPLESS (!) bars. :)

Too Funny :D

Tapas shows have been sensational - extremely simple and quick, which everyone loves because they can eat right away. I make my bread at home in the scalloped bread tube and I'm ready to go. I make all of the toppings. I've also found that at least one of the many stores in my area has the previously frozen, fresh shrimp in their seafood case for around $3.99/lb - very affordable! I've been doing 1 pound of the $3.99 shrimp for about 20-25 guests. Along with the other 3 toppings, it's a real feast! And I love to demo the professional stir-fry pan!

Tapas ShowsWhen you do the bread in the Scalloped Bread tube, do you make just one tube of the bread for a show? Is this enough? I usually have between 10 - 15 guests at a show. Do you bake the Pilsbury Soft Italian Breadsticks in the tube or do you use something else? I am thinking I would rather go this way, or with the baguette, than the French Loaf. I used a French loaf the other night at my show for the Strawberry Bruschetta recipe and found the bread crumbled easily, after being baked on the stone. I found too that you could only get about 9 pieces of the bread on the Bar Pan at one time so I'm thinking smaller pieces would go further.

Tapas Party - Hold the Goat CheeseJust wanted to give you a heads up- if you use the goat cheese you exclude any pregnant guests from tasting the mixture. You cannot have un-pasturized cheeses while pregnant. Before I was a consultant I went to a tapas party and was really bummed about that, so now I always just tell about the goat cheese but double the creamcheese and add an extra clove of garlic.

Tapas ShowsI have and guests and hosts seem to like them alot! I have noticed that it is at my Tapas Shows that I sell quite a few SA Entertaining Sets. :)

I've done one tapas show, and booked another tapas show from it. I cooked one loaf in the scalloped bread tube, and used a regular loaf from the store for more bread. That way the guests could see the difference. Oh, and unless you have the cherry/olive pitter, make sure the host doesn't buy the unpited kalamata olives. I never knew that the center of olives was a hard seed/pit. :eek: I'm new so I don't have Simple Additions yet, but I have a friend who loaned me the oil dipping set and another friend loaned me the bowls from her set. I got an order for the oil dipping set from that.

Thank you, thank you!!!Where do I begin? These were excellent posts!! Okay...thanks for the goat cheese heads up, I'll be 8 months pregnant next week and totally forgot goat cheese is unpasteurized cheese!!! (not that I eat at the shows, but that I always test at home). Whew!! You saved my baby's life (HA!)

I don't have the skillet so I was going to come with the shrimp cooked. I do have the SA Entertaining set..so I plan on using that...never got an order for it before I had the set, so I ALWAYS find some reason to bring it...

I was totally thinking of not using French bread, (its so big and crumbly) so I was thinking of the baguette... good thing one of you ladies said you have done the same substitute.

Maybe I'll make my hubby taste the goat cheese and make some with and some without...so I don't inadvertently sicken any pregnant women and their unborn offspring...

Thank you all so must for hinting at the cost of it all...I will inform my host in advance...this is good, I don't want her to be fussing at the check out about this recipe suggestion costing her more than she expecting!!

Now I am excited about making it... I couldn't find the goat cheese today at Walmart (I have to go to another supermarket) and so I didn't make it...will make it tomorrow.

Thank you ladies, in advance, once again you have all COME TO THE RESCUE!!

Love Topas Shows!!I have done three topas shows now and they are such big hits! I did do the goat cheese and all of my guest love it! It is a bit more costly, but I also did not do the shrimp or the olive. I just have my guest do the pesto and marinara. It pairs great with the Berry Streusel Tart if you like to do two recipes. I always tell my guest that Topas are designed to be made while you are visiting with friends, just like I am doing with them!

Good luck!

Heide

Great Tapas!I have had one tapas show with $660 in sales as a result. I made the shrimp, olive, and cheese mixtures ahead of time and put them in the SA Entertainment Set small bowels (borrowed from a fellow consultant). For the bread, I fixed it before the show started so the guests smelled that when they walked in. We used the pre-cut French bread loaves (on sale) and cut the middle part in half. On the cheese mixture I used both cheeses and had SO MANY COMPLIMENTS!!

For the demo, I kept out the green olives from the olive mixture to demo the Knives with Sharpening Cases. I also looked up on the internet the origin of Tapas from Barcelona and read part of that to the guests. Since we had 9 guests the host also bought crackers for tapas (Ritz/Nabisco brand) and chips for hot sauce. We put the chips in the large Mixing Bowl and the hot sauce in the small and used the Nylon Ladle to dip that.

In the small squares we put mints since the cheese and garlic can have lasting effects!! We sold one set of the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl set, one Entertaining Set, and one set of the Knives with the Sharpening Cases.

We also used the non-alcoholic Sangria for drinks. Good luck on your show!

Last edited:
Chips for the hot sauce?Thanks for the tips...One question- what chips for what hot sauce?? what dip?? Is this something else you added?? Is it part of a tapas show??

Tapas ShowI have done the tapas several times and yes the guests absolutely love them. My only advice is to do one topping at the show and maybe prepare one at home or before guests arrive. I made three toppings and it took too much time and I found I spent more time at the recipe than at selling the tools. It is hard to feed 15 or more guests and not have a high sales show. That would be my advice. :rolleyes:

Tapas ShowI made Tapas my recipe for May due to Cinco de Mayo. I have only made the Garlic Shrimp one. I have done shows where we substituted chicken for the shrimp and used an entire block of creamcheese in place of the goat cheese. Either way tastes yummy. Any leftover cheese crostini we use on bagels. Delicious. Also, I don't have the host put the bread in the oven anymore. We found that it got too hard to eat. It stays soft and yummy. Might I suggest margueritas to go along with the tapas. I've done this and have had success.

1. What is a Tapas Show?

A Tapas Show is a unique cooking experience where guests can learn how to make a variety of small, bite-sized dishes commonly served in Spanish cuisine. It is a fun and interactive way to explore new flavors and cooking techniques.

2. How do I book a Tapas Show?

You can book a Tapas Show through a Pampered Chef consultant or host your own show. Simply contact your consultant or visit our website to schedule a date and time that works for you and your guests.

3. How long does a Tapas Show last?

A typical Tapas Show lasts about 2 hours. This includes time for cooking, tasting, and socializing with your guests. However, the duration can vary depending on the number of guests and the complexity of the dishes being prepared.

4. Do I need any special equipment for a Tapas Show?

No, you do not need any special equipment for a Tapas Show. Our consultants will bring all the necessary tools and ingredients for the recipes. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions or preferences, feel free to let your consultant know beforehand.

5. Can I customize the menu for my Tapas Show?

Yes, you can customize the menu for your Tapas Show. Our consultants are happy to work with you to create a personalized menu that fits your taste and dietary needs. You can also choose from our selection of pre-designed Tapas Show menus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • pcchefjane