• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Guest Shipping Complaints: Best Practices for Hosts

In summary, the standard answer is that it costs $6.75 minimum, and generally 20 percent more on orders over $50. The host gets their shipping free when they pool their orders with other hosts. If the host doesn't like this system, tell them to get over it.
MarciMac
What's your standard answer when a host complains about having to sort & deliver products after guests have paid for shipping?

If they were to all have their orders shipped direct to them, they would pay the minimum of about $5 and generally 10% of their order if over $50. We work to save everyone money on shipping by pooling our sources with the flat $4.75. And, they all chip in so the host gets her shipping free!

It's also a great way to see your friends again and chat up how much fun you had and how nice it was to get together.

And, it's like Christmas! You get to see all the cool tools your friends ordered!

If none of these help appease the host, tell her to get over it. It's just the way we do things and NO ONE ELSE seems to have a problem with it!!

I like your answers! But more accurately, it's a minimum of $6.75, and about 20 percent (or more) on orders over $50 :eek: And telling her that "she gets free shipping" as a thank you for receiving and sorting products is a good come back.

In almost 7 years, I've never had anyone complain. Many have called me after they packed up all their friend's orders and told me "Okay, I must have 'this' now" lol

Never had anyone complain about this, either. The closest is yesterday I got a frantic e-mail from a host saying she didn't know what belonged to who and the computer receipts had not arrived. I re-printed receipts & called her ready to drive an hour to help. By then she had found the slips had the order sorted and ready to go. I am mailing the few receipts....who knows when the receipt package will be delivered. She was happy and said everything was great; she didn't even worry about not having her receipt! I've heard of other consultants going to host's homes and helping them unpack or having the orders shipped to the consultant's home. I really am not going to start that and will only go on a show by show basis. I offered a friend, who was in remission to do this with a big fundraiser; she declined because a lady from the group was coming to help and they were making a 'party' of it.

byrd1956 said:
Never had anyone complain about this, either. The closest is yesterday I got a frantic e-mail from a host saying she didn't know what belonged to who and the computer receipts had not arrived. I re-printed receipts & called her ready to drive an hour to help. By then she had found the slips had the order sorted and ready to go. I am mailing the few receipts....who knows when the receipt package will be delivered. She was happy and said everything was great; she didn't even worry about not having her receipt! I've heard of other consultants going to host's homes and helping them unpack or having the orders shipped to the consultant's home. I really am not going to start that and will only go on a show by show basis. I offered a friend, who was in remission to do this with a big fundraiser; she declined because a lady from the group was coming to help and they were making a 'party' of it.

If you are ever in that bind again, just save the receipts in the PDF version and email them to your host.

I've never had anyone complain either, most love it because they can look at what their friends ordered.

I don't expect the host to deliver. I tell the guests as a group that it takes about 5-7 days for the order to arrive and that if they live close enough to come & pick up their order, they can choose the "ship to host" option and save a little on shipping. Otherwise, they might prefer the "direct" shipping rate so that Pampered Chef sends it directly to their door. If they are very far away, they'll realize that the direct shipping rate is more cost effective. In a bigger metroplex, some people might drive 30 minutes for a show, but not want to drive 30 minutes again to pick up their order. Those who are 5 min's from the host, might prefer picking it up to save money. I double check again with each guest individually at checkout to verify that they are close enough to come pick up their order from the host, if they hesitate on that thought I remind them that for $___ more, they can have it go directly to their door and save the hassle/gas of returning to the host's house for their products.I have one customer driving from the other side of Dallas to pick up her order from me because she's down here all the time for other things anyway, and coming 5 minutes out of her way is not a big deal for her. She's the ONLY one out of 15 that chose "ship to host", the rest felt it was easier to just have it come to their door.

Almost no one want to pay the direct shipping at my shows. I do let them know about it, but very seldom does anyone take advantage of it. Just had a host pay the extra for a guest to direct ship as the host will be gone when the delivery takes place (a neighbor getting the boxes) because the guest needed the products by the 4th.

I've offered to have shows shiped to me so I can sort it out for hosts and NOBODY has ever taken me up on it. They all love the thrill of going through the boxes & seeing what everyone else got. As mentioned, they sometimes decide they need to have something their friends got ; )

So Marci, I don't have a standard answer - but I'd offer to help the host. If the show hasn't happened yet, I'd talk up direct shipping like Sheila explained.

PC is different than jewelry & cosmetic companies. They ship directly to the guests but those orders are only about $3 shipping since the product is so lightweight. PC is saving tons of money on shipping by consolidating heavy items.

Thank you, ladies. Great responses.

Related to Handling Guest Shipping Complaints: Best Practices for Hosts

What is the process for reporting a shipping complaint?

If you have a shipping complaint, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-xxx-xxxx or email us at [email protected]. Our team will work with you to resolve the issue and provide any necessary refunds or replacements.

Can I track my package during shipping?

Yes, once your order has shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number to monitor the status of your package and see its estimated delivery date.

What should I do if my package is damaged during shipping?

If your package arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We may ask for photos of the damage to file a claim with the shipping carrier. We will also provide instructions for returning the damaged items and receiving replacements.

How long does shipping typically take?

Shipping times vary depending on the shipping method selected at checkout and your location. Our standard shipping typically takes 5-7 business days, while expedited shipping can take 2-3 business days. You can find more information about shipping times on our website.

Do you offer international shipping?

At this time, we only offer shipping within the United States and Canada. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are constantly evaluating our shipping options and may expand to other countries in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
chefcindyp
  • vtolin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies