• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling a Mixed-Up Party Booking: Tips and Solutions

In summary, the lady emailed Jeanie thinking she was working with another consultant and Jeanie called her back to explain that she was not the consultant. The lady may decide to continue working with Jeanie if she is professional and enthusiastic.
sivlepa
Here's my dillemma:

A lady emails me today saying that when she was at so-and-so's show she told me she'd book a party. She says she was thinking maybe the last week of August before school starts and everyone gets busy. And then asked is I have any evenings available? I do have an evening available BUT.....

...I DO not know her, nor the name of the host she mentioned. Her phone number prefix indicates that she lives near me. I had delivered flyers in the area in early spring. So it's likely that's how she got my email.

Do I call her and tell her she's mixed up (in a nice way?). What would be a good way to handle it?

I would call her back and simply say that you couldn't understand everything in the message (problem with the answering machine or something) and ask her to repeat the host name and her own name. If you are 100% sure you never met the woman, then you could say that you're not sure you are the consultant she met, but you would be happy to work with her. If she is using the info from your flyer, then she obviously lost the other person's info. And it's also obvious the other consultant did not follow up.

I would email her back and tell her that you absolutely love to do a show for her, but you cannot find the name of her friend/the host in your records.... be vague and "scattered" -- ask what the date of the show was... and then it will eventually come out, either by her conclusion or you telling her, that she was mistaken. She may decide to continue with you, if you are professional and enthusiastic enough....

I would not try to pretend like the error was not made. She will expect you to know certain people based on the attendees at that party, and in the end, it would only serve to make you look foolish at best, deceptive at worst. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Honesty is the best policy. Tell her "I'm sorry but you'll have to remind me about the show because I'm having trouble remembering you. Was I the consultant presenting the show you attended?". If not, then you'll have to ask her if she committed to book with the other consultant. If she didn't then I'd say she's fair game and you could do the show. Just do what you would expect another consultant to do if you were the consultant at the show. This is my suggestion if I understand the situation correctly.

Jeanie

I would email her back and say you would be glad to do a show for her but explain that you were not the consultant for the host she mentioned. I definately would not ignore the email! This is a sticky situation but I would be up front with the lady, and you may stll get a booking out of it if she doesn't remember the other consultant.

I think this is a great lesson for all consultants about customer care calls because if the original consultant was calling her clients this wouldn't have happened and she would have the booking ;)

SolutionOkay, I heeded all of your wonderful advice and called the lady.

She ended up remembering the consultant (?) and I suggested she give her a call since she DID commit to having a show.

Oh well, honesty is best.

Thanks, ladies!:)

God will reward you for your honesty. I think it was very "big" of you to give it up for the sake of honesty. :)

You go, girl! I'm proud of you for doing the right thing. You will be rewarded. Just think one day when something wonderful happens with your business, it's probably because of how you handled this.

Jeanie

I know it sucks to give up this show, but wouldn't you want another consultant to refer your customers back to you in this situation? I would have a hard time giving it up, but I always try to put myself in the other persons shoes! BUT, the other consultant could have avoided this by doing CCC's or newsletters or BOTH!

I agree with Gillian!!

I'm there with ya sista! I did a show for my moms church recently and they already had told another consultant she could have the booth/craft fair with the church last year. (Before I started selling) Even though I could have got in on the sly, I told them they should check with her first and if she didn't want it I'd be more than glad to take it. They checked with her and she said she wanted it, but she would bow out if it would hurt my feelings. I said no she had it first so she can do the booth/craft fair. What goes around comes around right! Proud of you for diong the right thing!
Schel :)

Hey, what goes around, comes around--good and bad! Who knows, that consultant could realy be in a bad way and you just helped out. That's why some of us will be more successful than others and why good things just seem to come from nowhere!

Related to Handling a Mixed-Up Party Booking: Tips and Solutions

1. What should I do if my party guests cancel at the last minute?

If your party guests cancel at the last minute, try reaching out to other friends, family members, or acquaintances who might be interested in attending. You can also offer a special discount or promotion to encourage more people to come. Additionally, consider hosting a virtual party to still reach a wider audience.

2. What if my host doesn't show up or is unresponsive?

If your host doesn't show up or is unresponsive, try contacting them through different methods such as email, phone, or social media. If they still do not respond, reach out to their guests directly and inform them of the situation. You can also offer to reschedule the party for a later date or host a virtual party instead.

3. How do I handle a mix-up with the party date or time?

If there is a mix-up with the party date or time, first confirm the details with your host and apologize for any confusion. If necessary, offer to reschedule the party for a different date or time that works for both of you. It's important to be flexible and accommodating to ensure a successful party.

4. What if my host wants to cancel the party altogether?

If your host wants to cancel the party altogether, try to understand their reasons and offer to help in any way you can. You can suggest alternative options such as hosting a virtual party or rescheduling for a later date. If they still insist on canceling, respect their decision and thank them for considering hosting a party with you.

5. How do I keep the party guests engaged if the host is not present?

If the host is not present at the party, it's important to keep the guests engaged and entertained. You can do this by involving them in the presentation, asking for their input and opinions, and offering interactive activities such as games or cooking demonstrations. It's also helpful to have a backup plan in case of unexpected circumstances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • Chef_TK