• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling with Stones: Tips & Tricks for BBQ Success

In summary, stones can be used on the BBQ grill to cook food, but direct flame on a stone is not recommended. Even indirect heat on the grill would be bad - temps get too high and fluctuate too much.
Deb V
Gold Member
I am looking for information on using stones on the BBQ grill.

THey do no recommend stones exposed to open flames

Direct flame on a stone is bad!

Even indirect heat on the grill would be bad - temps get too high and fluctuate too much.

Pizza crust directly on the grill rack is YUMMY! (even though it sounds like it would make a mess--it doesn't!)

I have never tried it and it seems like it would not be good for a stone but my friend's mom just told me that she has done pizza on the grill with her stone. Apparantly, everything is fine with it...

The issue is that she could be creating microfractures that will break the next time or the time after that, etc. She may not see the problem now, but it will come.

I have customers that tell me all the time that they do this and say they have no problems but I tell them that it is NOT reccomended I will in the future also add that they are seriously shortening the lifespan of their stone.

several years ago, when Hurricane Isabelle came through Richmond, we lost power for 3 days. the kids were still quite little so chicken nuggets were still an everyday event! after several meals without them, I took the small bar pan, and put it on our gas grill...but not directly over the falmes. It went on the rack above the direct flames, walla, we had chicken nuggets! I still have the same small bar pan, so I am guessing I just got lucky, or being that far away from the flame didn't affect it!

The stones are great for putting the just done meat from the grill onto the stone to keep them warm. It does such a quick job of distributing the heat that you'll need mits to pick up the stone to take it to the table!

That is a SUPER tip! Thanks for sharing that! I'll be taking out my rectangular baker to the grill to gather the feast next time!

1. What are the benefits of using grilling stones for BBQ?

Using grilling stones for BBQ has several benefits. Firstly, it helps to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked food. Secondly, it prevents flare-ups and reduces the risk of charring. Thirdly, it adds a smoky flavor to your food without the need for wood chips or other additives. Lastly, it is a healthier option as it allows excess fat to drip away from the food.

2. How do I clean and maintain my grilling stones?

Cleaning and maintaining your grilling stones is crucial for their longevity and performance. After each use, allow the stones to cool down before gently scrubbing them with a brush and warm water. Avoid using soap as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the flavor. For tougher stains, sprinkle some baking soda on the stones and scrub with a damp brush. Rinse thoroughly and let them air dry. Store them in a cool, dry place.

3. Can I use grilling stones on any type of grill?

Grilling stones can be used on most types of grills, including gas, charcoal, and electric. However, make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions as some grills may not be suitable for use with grilling stones. Additionally, make sure to properly preheat your grill before placing the stones on top to ensure even cooking.

4. How often should I replace my grilling stones?

The lifespan of grilling stones can vary depending on usage and maintenance. As a general rule, it is recommended to replace them every 2-3 years or when they become discolored or cracked. It is also important to regularly inspect your stones for any signs of wear and tear and replace them if necessary.

5. Can I cook any type of food on grilling stones?

Yes, grilling stones can be used to cook a wide variety of foods, including meat, fish, vegetables, and even fruits. However, it is important to choose the right size and type of stone for the food you are cooking. For example, larger stones are better for cooking bigger cuts of meat, while smaller stones are more suitable for smaller items like vegetables or shrimp. It is also recommended to marinate your food beforehand for added flavor and to prevent sticking to the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cynthia Shugart
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Cynthia Shugart
  • letscook04
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefDi