• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for a successful grilling show with 20 guests?

In summary, the author is having two more grilling shows this month. One is outside and the other is in a large, covered patio. The author recommends bringing a grill pan if you want to cook faster.
Saturday Gourmet
Ok, I have my first grilling show scheduled for a couple of weeks. The hostess sent out 40 e-vites this morning. I just checked and 10 have confirmed that they are coming so far. When I looked over her invite list, I have a good feeling she will have at least 20 guests. I am super excited, but am beginning to freak out. :eek:

Have any of you done a grilling show with this many guests? What do you recommend to demo? I have looked over all of the files/posts/etc. on here, but was hoping to hear some "words of wisdom" or "I would have done....differently".
I appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Kel

At my cluster meeting last night..my Director talked about how she is doing this type of show and shared what she is doing.
This will be a "couples" show and being it is so hot in Florida she is bringing the BBQ tools and letting the men go outside to cook the meat with all the BBQ tools while the ladies are in the air conditioned kitchen making a salad and maybe a dessert to go with it.
I thought that was a great idea and will suggest that for my summer shows!

I am doing one next Friday, but I'm pretty sure that my group wouldn't go for that... the guys want to see all the other tools too... We're planning on doing the whole demo outside, haven't quite nailed down the details yet... all I know is we're grilling and serving Slap Your Mama Margaritas... have to work on the menu still. I wanted to do the DCB fajitas and maybe just something small on the grill, but I think that my host wants to focus more on the grilling, so maybe grill some chicken and make it into a salad... or do chicken fajitas on the grill... grill the chicken, and do the peppers and onions in the grill basket and do it that way...
I did this recipe at a grilling show last year, but it was quite a bit different... the guests were all women and the husband of the host took the food out and grilled it while I demoed inside with the women (which is kind of like meea was talking about)... everyone loved the food and the demo, but I didn't really feel like it was a true grilling show, because we didn't actually see the grilling.... but whatever works for your host is what is best. I'm kind of excited about doing the couples grilling, but very nervous... I haven't done a lot of shows lately, just barely staying active (on purpose), and this is for my sister and a group of people that I know, and I have no idea how I'm going to do it. They have all been to my shows before (except some of the guys) so I don't feel like I have to do the full on demo, and I always feel really awkward doing my demos in front of friends and family, so I want to just come up with something fun that won't involve me doing a whole lot of talking with everyone listening... Oops, sorry, hijac!!!:blushing: 'my bad! But any advice on this would probably help Kel too! Thoughts?

I'm having my first grilling show tomorrow (three scheduled this month). We are making kabobs on the skewers with pineapple/chicken (or pork)/and peppers. I'm also grilling veggies in the basket and for desert were having grilled pineapple over ice cream. I'm going to bring my grill pan, in case i want to cook a bit faster.Tomorrow's show is outside, she has a huge patio cover, and we will be covered if it rains. I'm still not sure how the timing will work... If i have any tips, I'll share them next week.PS - my show is all women

We had the guys grilling with the PC tools and the ladies were inside. We made the salsa using the salad choppers and the dump cake in the DCB.

I list just left my show and sales are at 1050 and more orders to come! Yahoo but that being said it was not my best show-performance wise. Lots of alchol was being consumed. The chicken kabobs took way to long to put on the skewers, not a lot of interactivity and I had a lot of dead space where I didn't say anything.The chicken has to marinate for an hour so there is not slot of time to prepare 75% of the kabobs: Have two more grilling shows this month so I need to do some revamping..It would be nice to have someone break apart and do the grilling. I was doing it all

ChefPaulaB said:
I am doing one next Friday, but I'm pretty sure that my group wouldn't go for that... the guys want to see all the other tools too... We're planning on doing the whole demo outside, haven't quite nailed down the details yet... all I know is we're grilling and serving Slap Your Mama Margaritas... have to work on the menu still. I wanted to do the DCB fajitas and maybe just something small on the grill, but I think that my host wants to focus more on the grilling, so maybe grill some chicken and make it into a salad... or do chicken fajitas on the grill... grill the chicken, and do the peppers and onions in the grill basket and do it that way...
I did this recipe at a grilling show last year, but it was quite a bit different... the guests were all women and the husband of the host took the food out and grilled it while I demoed inside with the women (which is kind of like meea was talking about)... everyone loved the food and the demo, but I didn't really feel like it was a true grilling show, because we didn't actually see the grilling.... but whatever works for your host is what is best. I'm kind of excited about doing the couples grilling, but very nervous... I haven't done a lot of shows lately, just barely staying active (on purpose), and this is for my sister and a group of people that I know, and I have no idea how I'm going to do it. They have all been to my shows before (except some of the guys) so I don't feel like I have to do the full on demo, and I always feel really awkward doing my demos in front of friends and family, so I want to just come up with something fun that won't involve me doing a whole lot of talking with everyone listening... Oops, sorry, hijac!!!:blushing: 'my bad! But any advice on this would probably help Kel too! Thoughts?

do grilled chicken penne al fresco, grill the chicken to rest in micro

Thank all of you for the advice and pointers.
I think I am going to do the Margarita chicken in the basket (instead of kabob-style). The hostess also has a grill basket, so I may do some veggies using some of the rubs. Has anyone ever used the APCS for potatoes? I was thinking about potato fans, if it cuts them in spirals like it does the apples.
I will get all that going just before the guests start to arrive. I want to do grilled pineapple sundaes so I can also demo the pineapple wedger and the kernel cutter. How does this sound?
TIA!

Ok, I posted my last thingy before reading Michelle's reply. I do love the idea of using the DCB. I am selling those things EVERY time I demo them! I am doing a show this Saturday with it and am going to try to sell the Bundle.

Hmmmm....lotsa good ideas. Decisions, decisions! I'll run both past my DH aka "Sounding Board".
Thanks again!

Saturday Gourmet said:
Thank all of you for the advice and pointers.
I think I am going to do the Margarita chicken in the basket (instead of kabob-style). The hostess also has a grill basket, so I may do some veggies using some of the rubs. Has anyone ever used the APCS for potatoes? I was thinking about potato fans, if it cuts them in spirals like it does the apples.
I will get all that going just before the guests start to arrive. I want to do grilled pineapple sundaes so I can also demo the pineapple wedger and the kernel cutter. How does this sound?
TIA!

I have used the APCS for potatoes, it works pretty much the same as the apples... as far as everything that you're thinking about doing.... it sounds very ambitious! That is a lot of demo'ing/cooking! I'd be concerned about it taking too long... And we also have to remember (I have to remind myself of this a lot) we are selling the products not the food and we aren't supposed to provide the whole meal... we make enough for a sample, if the host wants to serve other food, she can make it ahead of time and serve it with your demo food...

Malinda Klein said:
I list just left my show and sales are at 1050 and more orders to come! Yahoo but that being said it was not my best show-performance wise.

Lots of alchol was being consumed. The chicken kabobs took way to long to put on the skewers, not a lot of interactivity and I had a lot of dead space where I didn't say anything.

The chicken has to marinate for an hour so there is not slot of time to prepare 75% of the kabobs:

Have two more grilling shows this month so I need to do some revamping..

It would be nice to have someone break apart and do the grilling. I was doing it all

Next time only do 1-2 skewers, do the rest in the grill basket.

Ok, my very first grilling show was tonight and WOW! I demo'ed the Italian Grilled Pizza that someone in another vegetarian thread suggested. It was awesome and had rave reviews. The hostess had ingredients to make another, so while they were doing orders, I whipped up another. They couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.

While the pizza was on the grill, I demo'ed the pineapple wedger and then the kernel cutter to show "crushed pineapple". I put the pineapple 1/2 circles on the grill and then we had grilled pineapple sundaes. I sold a pineapple wedger to all but one person!

So far, the show is at about $700 in sales with about 4-5 more orders coming in by Tuesday. I also have gotten 3 bookings on it so far and a recruit lead. Overall, we had a blast!

Thanks to everyone for all of their wonderful advice and suggestions!

I'm so happy to find this post. I have a repeat host having a party in August that wants to do something on the grill. Any other ideas??? I don't have any of the BBQ stuff but it looks like I'll have to purchase some --suggestions of what I really need to have??

gailz2 said:
I'm so happy to find this post. I have a repeat host having a party in August that wants to do something on the grill. Any other ideas??? I don't have any of the BBQ stuff but it looks like I'll have to purchase some --suggestions of what I really need to have??

I think SaturdayGourmet's demo recipe is the BEST for a quick, versatile Grilling Show! The Italian Grilled Pizza is phenomenal, and shows people a recipe they wouldn't normally think of as a grilling recipe. The grilled pineapple is just as good, and also a novel idea for people. Plus, they are both simple, so people start thinking that if they had the tools, this is something they could do too!:thumbup:

The tools that I think are essential are the Grill Basket, the Grill Tongs, and the Jumbo Turner.

Thx, Becky. Where is SaturdayGourmet's demo, on CC??

gailz2 said:
Thx, Becky. Where is SaturdayGourmet's demo, on CC??

I think she was referring to the person the "SaturdayGourmet", and her post on her demo is a few posts up, she talks about the show that she did the other day...

ChefPaulaB said:
I think she was referring to the person the "SaturdayGourmet", and her post on her demo is a few posts up, she talks about the show that she did the other day...

Yep! Gail - her post is right above yours!;)

The Grilled Pizza recipe is in the Files section. It is serious good!

Thank you, thank you all. I can't wait to get my new tools and try out this pizza!!

Malinda Klein said:
I list just left my show and sales are at 1050 and more orders to come! Yahoo but that being said it was not my best show-performance wise. Lots of alchol was being consumed. The chicken kabobs took way to long to put on the skewers, not a lot of interactivity and I had a lot of dead space where I didn't say anything.The chicken has to marinate for an hour so there is not slot of time to prepare 75% of the kabobs: Have two more grilling shows this month so I need to do some revamping..It would be nice to have someone break apart and do the grilling. I was doing it all
would it be at all possible to "prepare" a try of raw kabobs ahead of time, and then have like 5 to show for demonstration?

One more suggestion...

At my last party, i got RAVE reviews on this .... and of course its completely a matter of preference. But everyone loved them, and i had lots of request for the recipie. And I personally find its WAAAY better than the store bought margie mix.

But I used the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher to make the following Margaritas :

1 can frozen limeade (very important)
2 Tbsp lime juice (more or less to your taste)
2 Tbsp lemon juice (more or less to your taste)
1 bottle good quality tequila. (we used Jose Quevo Silver)
3/4 Bottle of Tripple Sec (adding the last 1/4 will make it sweeter if you find it to tart)
1/4 cup of Gran Mariner (you can also use Armaretto if GM is not on hand)
about 50 regular size ice cubes , or atleast until pitcher fills up.

the longer this sits, the better it will taste. When i do it at home, i make it the night before and put it in the fridge.

As the ice melts, it mellows out the flavor, so you definately want to serve it once the ice has mostly melted down, or add water and serve it in a glass with ice.

Dont forget the margarita salt and limes for the rims!!! Enjoy!

Do you really use a full bottle of tequila?

Yes, i really use a full bottle. I dont even drink tequila.. i cant stand it. But thats what I have always used when making a gallon of these margaritas. And people really do like it. ??? i'm more of a wine girl :)

Hey Gail,

"SaturdayGourmet" aka Kelly here. If you do the Grilled Pineapple sundaes, try your best to have the kernel cutter to go along with the pineapple wedger. After you demo the pineapple wedger, show the guests how you can use the kernel cutter to get the rest of the pineapple "goody" out of the rind. I told them this part is like crushed pineapple. I think I sold a kernel cutter to almost all of the people who bought the pineapple wedger.

Also, the Italian Grilled Pizza was super easy and gave a big WOW factor. Guests were amazed that you can do a pizza on the grill and it be so quick and easy. When I was talking about how quick and easy it was, I threw in the DCB as another way to cook meals quickly. I talked about a couple of the recipes that I demo at DCB shows and how long it takes to make them. I sold 2 and didn't even have it with me.

I'm attaching the Italian Grilled Pizza recipe. For the basil, if you will roll the leaves up, it makes it so much easier to get the "ribbons". Also, since I had already demo'ed the knife, when I rolled the basil up, I used the kitchen shears to cut it. It helped me throw in another product.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Italian Grilled Pizza.doc
    2.1 KB · Views: 641
Jane the PC said:
One more suggestion...

At my last party, i got RAVE reviews on this .... and of course its completely a matter of preference. But everyone loved them, and i had lots of request for the recipie. And I personally find its WAAAY better than the store bought margie mix.

But I used the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher to make the following Margaritas :

1 can frozen limeade (very important)
2 Tbsp lime juice (more or less to your taste)
2 Tbsp lemon juice (more or less to your taste)
1 bottle good quality tequila. (we used Jose Quevo Silver)
3/4 Bottle of Tripple Sec (adding the last 1/4 will make it sweeter if you find it to tart)
1/4 cup of Gran Mariner (you can also use Armaretto if GM is not on hand)
about 50 regular size ice cubes , or atleast until pitcher fills up.

the longer this sits, the better it will taste. When i do it at home, i make it the night before and put it in the fridge.

As the ice melts, it mellows out the flavor, so you definately want to serve it once the ice has mostly melted down, or add water and serve it in a glass with ice.

Dont forget the margarita salt and limes for the rims!!! Enjoy!

I always make the "Slap Your Mama Margaritas" from this site and everyone loves them. We are all addicted to them, don't like the mix at all anymore. They sound a little easier than yours...

1 can frozen limeade (always stuck up when it's on sale!)
2 cans 7up or Sprite
1 cup tequilla
1 bottle Corona (no substitutes)
Mix it all in the QSP and enjoy... Double batch in the family size... All stuff you can keep on hand too...

Thank you for all these suggestions!

Does anyone know what cookbook the Italian Grilled Pizza came from? Or if there is a picture of it somewhere??? Thanks!

pampered2007 said:
Does anyone know what cookbook the Italian Grilled Pizza came from? Or if there is a picture of it somewhere??? Thanks!

Casual Cooking - which is on the Outlet now.

1. What is the purpose of a "Grilling Show Help" event?

The purpose of a "Grilling Show Help" event is to showcase the various Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed for grilling and outdoor cooking. It is also an opportunity for guests to learn new recipes and techniques for grilling.

2. How long does a "Grilling Show Help" event typically last?

The duration of a "Grilling Show Help" event can vary, but it usually lasts around 2-3 hours. This allows enough time for a demonstration of the products, cooking and sampling of recipes, and time for guests to ask questions and place orders.

3. Do I need to have any prior grilling experience to attend a "Grilling Show Help" event?

No, prior grilling experience is not required to attend a "Grilling Show Help" event. Our consultants will provide step-by-step instructions and tips for using the products and cooking delicious meals on the grill.

4. Is there a cost to attend a "Grilling Show Help" event?

There is no cost to attend a "Grilling Show Help" event. It is completely free to attend and learn about our grilling products, recipes, and techniques. However, guests may have the option to purchase products at the event.

5. Can I host a "Grilling Show Help" event at my own home?

Yes, you can absolutely host a "Grilling Show Help" event at your own home. Our consultants are happy to come to your home and provide a fun and informative grilling event for you and your friends. You can even earn free and discounted products as a host!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzground
  • livelaughlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
livelaughlove
  • pamperedcheermom