• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greg - Pre-School Teacher Extraordinaire!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a thread that was possibly deleted by the author or by Greg, who usually locks threads. The thread was described as a "bad soap opera" and some members expressed disappointment in the negative tone of the conversation. The discussion then shifted to cleaning ovens, with some members joking about setting off fire alarms while cleaning. One member mentioned getting a new oven and how much better it was compared to their old one.
Shawnna
Gold Member
Thanks Greg for taking care of the hostile threads. I bet you feel like a pre-school teacher sometimes...LOL

Did Greg delete them or did the author? Greg normally locks threads - doesn't usually delete?I was spending time with my kids, so I missed the ending...

Wow, did it get worse? I had a show and have been away from here since about 5:30.

Greg locks them.

I was in the middle of reading the thread, went to the next page and it was gone!:confused:

I thought maybe it got deleted.

It was probably deleted then - usually by the author.Linda - trust me, you didn't miss anything that would affect your personal life specifically...kind of like a soap opera...at least where I last read...

pamperedlinda said:
Wow, did it get worse? I had a show and have been away from here since about 5:30.
Yes, much worse since the last you posted!:(

KellyRedHead said:
I was in the middle of reading the thread, went to the next page and it was gone!:confused:

I thought maybe it got deleted.

Kelly, I love your new avatar - very cool!

janetupnorth said:
...kind of like a soap opera...
Like popcorn through the fingers of a fat man, so go the Days of Our Lives.

dannyzmom said:
Kelly, I love your new avatar - very cool!

Thank you!:D I was trying to remember the other day where I found it, I think on the net.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Like popcorn through the fingers of a fat man, so go the Days of Our Lives.
Heehee, KG you crack me up!:p

heat123 said:
Heehee, KG you crack me up!:p
Yeah, I don't imagine too much popcorn falls through the fingers of a fat man though

KellyRedHead said:
Thank you!:D I was trying to remember the other day where I found it, I think on the net.

I like it too.

Actually, it was more like "The Young and the Restless".

If I'm not young, does that make me restless? Or just old?

Ya thanks Greg - It was like a bad soap opera - I joined this community to learn and help people in this business - not bash and insult - I understand that others have gone their own way and want to contribute, I am fine with that, I am just one who doesnt like degrading, hurt and some other insults that others throw out - Please don't get on my case on this -

This is a learning, support board as far as I know - If its not - let me know and I am done -

I understand all of your comments pertaining to other ds companies and their imput here - I accept it - I CHOOSE to make my own opinion - I do NOT expect anyone else to feel the same - As I do with my opinion -

Arent we all here to help, support and direct each other?? In my short time here I have learned so much - please don't discourage others from the same - xxoo!!

dannyzmom said:
Greg locks them.
I'm sure hoping Greg has time to read this and correct you in this case since I am sure yall wont believe me... but I did not delete the thread, nor privately ask him to.

Then he probably deleted it then...which is rare, and which means it doesn't belong here.Before people assume otherwise, he probably deleted it on the fast of the card thing instead of what it turned into...of course that is MY assumption and you know what happens when we assume...

Oh, I missed it. Spent too much time cleaning my oven today! The oven looks great though:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh, I missed it. Spent too much time cleaning my oven today! The oven looks great though:)!
Want to head north and take care of mine? My microwave looks great, it got cleaned the other day, but my oven... :yuck: I only run the self-cleaning cycle when it is warm enough to open all the windows and stay out of the room.

pampchefrhondab said:

That was a great use of your time. I love a clean oven!

janetupnorth said:
Want to head north and take care of mine? My microwave looks great, it got cleaned the other day, but my oven... :yuck: I only run the self-cleaning cycle when it is warm enough to open all the windows and stay out of the room.

I was thinking the same thing! It does need some cleaning....I, uh, set off the fire alarm twice this morning....early

I just got a brand new oven :) . My old one was 15 years old. I cannot believe how much better it bakes and even the cooktop is so much faster!

janetupnorth said:
\Ugh - I hate the self-clean feature - the whole hosue stinks for days - it's like the stench gets into the furniture and curtains...ick.
I have heard good things about Easy Off Bam - anyone try it?

chefruthie said:
I just got a brand new oven :) . My old one was 15 years old. I cannot believe how much better it bakes and even the cooktop is so much faster!

Aweome - I love new appliances!!!

One oven to take care of is enough for me thank you! It was the self cleaning cycle and it was nice enough here to open the windows:)!

I also got my hair cut - several inches off and I ordered some new clothes! I'm trying to get out of the funk I'm in. We'll see how the hair turns out tomorrow:)! I may regret it!

I would love to get a new oven. That won't happen for a long time! My first is going to college in the fall!

dannyzmom said:
\Ugh - I hate the self-clean feature - the whole hosue stinks for days - it's like the stench gets into the furniture and curtains...ick.
I have heard good things about Easy Off Bam - anyone try it?

Yes, that is what I use in the winter.

...my house is so small it doesn't stink for days, but I know what you mean.

I only run it with all the screen doors and windows open and aim a large industrial floor fan at it. I pull my stove out into the middle of the kitchen in front of the window and suck fresh air outside, through the fan, past the oven and out the front... (If you can picture that in your head.)

pampchefrhondab said:
I would love to get a new oven. That won't happen for a long time! My first is going to college in the fall!
I had no choice. My old was just stopped working and there was no fixing it. I don't like appliance shopping :yuck: . There were way too many to choose from.

chefruthie said:
I had no choice. My old was just stopped working and there was no fixing it. I don't like appliance shopping :yuck: . There were way too many to choose from.

Well that's no fun when you have to get one! I want a double oven so I can cook two things at one time. Not sure how often I really would do that, but I just want the option;) !

janetupnorth said:
Yes, that is what I use in the winter.

...my house is so small it doesn't stink for days, but I know what you mean.

I only run it with all the screen doors and windows open and aim a large industrial floor fan at it. I pull my stove out into the middle of the kitchen in front of the window and suck fresh air outside, through the fan, past the oven and out the front... (If you can picture that in your head.)
Your'e not painting a pretty picture :D

I don't use Easy Off Bam, but I use OveOff (I think that's the name). I either spray on the night before and wipe off in about 10 minutes in the am, or you can spray it on and have the oven on low for a bit and wipe it off. Super easy, super quick, super clean. I love a clean oven.Of course, AS SOON as I clean the oven we'll have a gooey pizza or something else that spills. D'oh! I can hear something hit my clean clean oven from across the house :(

pampchefrhondab said:
Well that's no fun when you have to get one! I want a double oven so I can cook two things at one time. Not sure how often I really would do that, but I just want the option;) !
I really liked that option too but had to settle for a single one. We ended up getting the whole package deal. Fridge, oven. microhood and dishwasher. We got a great deal on it and I used my $900 Visa gift card that I got from earning level 2 :) :thumbup:

chefruthie said:
Your'e not painting a pretty picture :D
Yeah, cleaning is not always fun, but, 1. It gets the oven out so I can thoroughly scrub around it behind it, etc.
2. It keeps the air flow going so we don't stink up the house.
3. As a firefighter I'm nervous about heating my oven to such high temperatures close to wood cabinets and the wall.Of course, last time I did the self-cleaning, the oven cooled down, the lock feature released and AS SOON as I opened the door, the glass cracked...wasn't fun paying to replace that. :grumpy:ETA: Thinking of scrubbing by hand this next time!!!!

I use Easy Off Max.. I can spray it on at night and then wipe off in the AM too. In fact I just sprayed it a few minutes ago. I looked in my oven and realized it was overdue.:grumpy:

chefruthie said:
I really liked that option too but had to settle for a single one. We ended up getting the whole package deal. Fridge, oven. microhood and dishwasher. We got a great deal on it and I used my $900 Visa gift card that I got from earning level 2 :) :thumbup:

Wow, now that would be nice to replace them all! Of course I'm getting to the point of needing to replace everything since my house is 19 years old;) !

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, cleaning is not always fun, but,

1. It gets the oven out so I can thoroughly scrub around it behind it, etc.
2. It keeps the air flow going so we don't stink up the house.
3. As a firefighter I'm nervous about heating my oven to such high temperatures close to wood cabinets and the wall.

Of course, last time I did the self-cleaning, the oven cooled down, the lock feature released and AS SOON as I opened the door, the glass cracked...wasn't fun paying to replace that. :grumpy:

ETA: Thinking of scrubbing by hand this next time!!!!

I pull my oven out to the middle of the kitchen too! It sits next to the cabinet and the refrigerator. I figured w/it getting that hot it wasn't good for the wood or for the refrigerator to work that hard.

threadjacked.gif
For a minute there, I thought there was a database problem and I was actually opening that oven cleaning thread from yesterday. Or that I could expect Greg to come clean my oven tomorrow.

climbercanoe3 said:
I use Easy Off Max.. I can spray it on at night and then wipe off in the AM too. In fact I just sprayed it a few minutes ago. I looked in my oven and realized it was overdue.:grumpy:
Hmmm, that might be what I use. I use whatever is in a yellow spray bottle at WalMart! Not much choice - it took me half an hour to find anything the first time I went. I guess most people use self-cleaning ovens? Or are like my husband and just never cleaned them? (he lived here for nearly a year before we got married; he has never cleaned an oven)

Funny but true - I know way too many people who thought self-cleaning oven meant they didn't have to do anything at all! Scary.

pampchefrhondab said:
I pull my oven out to the middle of the kitchen too! It sits next to the cabinet and the refrigerator. I figured w/it getting that hot it wasn't good for the wood or for the refrigerator to work that hard.

See, I'm really not that silly...

...or are we both? ;)

Well at least it was hi-jacked in a nice way:)!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
threadjacked.gif

For a minute there, I thought there was a database problem and I was actually opening that oven cleaning thread from yesterday.

Or that I could expect Greg to come clean my oven tomorrow.

Naw, silly KG, no one here would ever open a thread from yesterday...or bump a thread from over a year ago, or mix up topics on a single thread...

Nope, never... :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
See, I'm really not that silly...

...or are we both? ;)

I don't think we are silly - crazy maybe:yuck: , but not silly!!

1. What exactly is the role of a pre-school teacher?

A pre-school teacher is responsible for planning and implementing age-appropriate curriculum, creating a safe and nurturing learning environment, and fostering the social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children.

2. What qualifications or training is required to become a pre-school teacher?

In most cases, pre-school teachers are required to have at least a high school diploma and a relevant certification or associate's degree in early childhood education. Some states may also require a bachelor's degree in early childhood education or a related field.

3. How do pre-school teachers handle challenging behaviors from young children?

Pre-school teachers are trained to use positive reinforcement, redirection, and effective communication techniques to address challenging behaviors. They also work closely with parents to develop consistent strategies for managing behavior both in the classroom and at home.

4. What is the typical daily routine for a pre-school teacher?

A pre-school teacher's daily routine may vary depending on the age of the children and the specific program, but it usually includes activities such as circle time, art projects, outdoor play, snack time, and group learning activities. Teachers also spend time preparing materials, documenting children's progress, and communicating with parents.

5. How can parents support their child's pre-school teacher?

Parents can support their child's pre-school teacher by maintaining open communication, participating in classroom activities and events, and reinforcing learning at home. It is also important for parents to trust and respect the teacher's expertise and follow any guidelines or policies set by the school or program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Heather Shepherd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ConShan
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies