• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Results From a Bridal Show!

other PC topics.No offense, but that doesn't seem very fair at all?I would be upset if another PC consultant took my customers at a bridal fair. I did a craft fair and another PC consultant came in. It was cold so I couldn't see her PC shirt under her jacket. She listened as I told her and everyone else about the 12" skillet, SA, offered recipes and discussed host benefits and the monthly specials. I gave out a few catalogs and they walked off to look at their catalogs, one gave me her phone number & email addy as a possible host. The PC consultant said, "Wow you just
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I am soooo excited I have to tell you how my time at a Bridal Fair went yesterday. Out of the 2 hrs and 15 mins I was there I received 40 lead, 25 confirmed wedding registries, 4 cooking shows, and 3 catalog shows. :eek: I have some follow up to be doing the next few days. I also made a great contact with a wedding planner/consultant. She want's my information so she can pass it on to all of her brides she works with. :eek: It was so much fun!

The most special part for me was watching one bride-to-be find her wedding dress. Our booth was right near a bridal shop. This bride-to-be in particular had been going to several bridal shows and had tried on many dresses. As soon as she tried this one on she started to cry, so did her mom and so did I:cry:. Mom kept asking how I thought she looked and she looked ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. The best part the dress was only $225.00 Her mom had said she didn't care if it was $5000 she would have paid it.

I told DH I would definately do it again and take two shifts. It was just an awesome experience all around!

Laurie what an awesome experience!! I have a bridal fair at a high-end mall in the beg. of December. I'm hoping that will take me away from my normal beg. of year slump!

Good luck!

If I could even come close to your experience I would be a happy camper! What did you say to each bride as she came to your booth?

WooHoo!!! Way to go.

Yea Laurie! A bright spot with all of your other uncertainty right now.:thumbup:

GourmetGirl said:
If I could even come close to your experience I would be a happy camper! What did you say to each bride as she came to your booth?

Typically I would say "Hi Ladies, have you heard of PC?" Wait for answer, if no, I explained what we were if yes, I would then say "Did you know we do wedding registries?" Most did not and they were hooked.:) I asked if they wanted info on the registry and if they did I gave them a catalog (old) which had my business card, wedding registry flyer and current recruiting flyer stapled together inside it. I also had them fill out a drawing slip for the prize we were giving away. I also gave out recipe cards.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yea Laurie! A bright spot with all of your other uncertainty right now.:thumbup:

That is exactly what I was thinking when I was counting everything up yesterday. Wahoo!:D

So, what do you do when there's a bridal fair and another PC person has already taken it?

awesome laurie!! i just love watching people shop for wedding dresses! i should own a dress shop so i can see it everyday :love:

mmmorgan20 said:
So, what do you do when there's a bridal fair and another PC person has already taken it?
Go to the bridal fair wearing PC logo wear and carrying a PC catalog bag! :)

mmmorgan20 said:

You can see if the organizer will give you the contact information. If not, ask them to pass on yours, and see if you can get a spot.

Wonderful news, great for you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's wonderful!

We still have another year in Okinawa, then it looks like 3 years in mainland Japan. I would love to do a Bridal Show, but it looks like it's going to be a while before I'll be able to get back to the states for one.

What do you send out as a follow-up letter/flyer to the people on the list but did not attend the Bridal Show?

Maureen
New Jersey

JAE said:

No offense, but that doesn't seem very fair at all? I would be upset if another PC consultant took my customers at a bridal fair. I did a craft fair and another PC consultant came in. It was cold so I couldn't see her PC shirt under her jacket. She listened as I told her and everyone else about the 12" skillet, SA, offered recipes and discussed host benefits and the monthly specials. I gave out a few catalogs and they walked off to look at their catalogs, one gave me her phone number & email addy as a possible host. The PC consultant said, "Wow you just described a bunch of recipes and how to display them in like 5 minutes, if I weren't a consultant I'd buy from you." Then we talked about some of the promotions and stuff and she walked away. Later one of the ladies I had been talking to who gave me her info as a potential host, came back and said she couldn't wait for her show. My friend, the other PC lady I was talking to with the PC shirt on, booked one for her downstairs. She said she had discussed it with her husband and decided to have a show, and as she was comming back up to see me the other girl caught her and booked the show. She assumed the girl was working with me, since we had been talking, and appologized but intended to do the show anyways. I did not argue at all because I thought that would make me look bad. I congratulated her on her decision to host a show and that was it. The two women the host was with would be comming to her show and had my catalogs, so it was very handy for the other woman who stole my show to save herself some catalogs in the process. I paid $50 to do that craft fair (for me that is alot of money) and I was more than a little upset. That just doesn't seem fair at all to me, especially not when that person is paying so much for a bridal fair booth which is usually alot more than the $50 I paid.

JAE said:

I agree with confusedturtle. I would only go to something wearing a PC logowear if I thought there was not a PC consultant there. If I saw one who paid for a booth, I would definitely leave and not talk to anyone. That lady who stole her Show took money away from her! That is so wrong! :thumbdown:

Glad you had such great results, Laurie! Hopefully all those will do really well!

I think my question was misunderstood. I paid for the booth at the Bridal Show and the production company gave me a list of brides who registered with them prior to the show. Not all of these people came the night of the show. Basically when you pay for the show you also get a list of leads. I was wondering what kind of follow up to send to the people who did not come but did register. They are rightfully my leads since I paid to exhibit at the show. I would never go to a show to steal others customers. I spent good money on the show and am trying to maximize it with MY leads.

Maureen
NJ

Oh no I wasn't meaning that. If you paid for the bridal show then you should use the list of names and such. I thought the question was if there was already another consultant booked for the show what do you do, and the reply was go in your PC shirt and carry a PC bag. I thought that meant, go to the show (as a non paying consultant) and talk to people about doing their bridal registries while the consultant who paid for the show is inside doing her best to get bookings. I appologize, I missunderstood what was being said.

Last edited:

1. How can I make my booth stand out at a bridal show?

To make your booth stand out at a bridal show, be sure to have eye-catching displays and signage, offer samples or demonstrations of your products, and have a welcoming and engaging attitude to attract potential customers.

2. What types of products should I showcase at a bridal show?

When showcasing products at a bridal show, focus on items that are popular for wedding registries, such as kitchen gadgets, cookware, and home decor. You can also highlight products that can be used for bridal showers or bachelorette parties.

3. How can I effectively engage with brides-to-be at a bridal show?

Engaging with brides-to-be at a bridal show is all about making a personal connection. Be friendly and approachable, ask about their wedding plans, and offer helpful tips or advice. You can also offer a special promotion or discount for brides-to-be to entice them to visit your booth.

4. What are some creative ways to collect contact information from potential customers at a bridal show?

One creative way to collect contact information from potential customers at a bridal show is to offer a giveaway or raffle. Have brides-to-be fill out a form with their name and email address to enter, and then follow up with them after the show. You can also have a sign-up sheet for a newsletter or offer a discount in exchange for contact information.

5. How can I make sure I am following up with potential customers after the bridal show?

To ensure you are following up with potential customers after the bridal show, have a system in place to organize and track their contact information. You can use a spreadsheet or a customer relationship management (CRM) tool to keep track of their information and follow up with personalized emails or phone calls. It's also important to follow up in a timely manner, so set a goal to reach out within a week after the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKelebel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • leshelman