• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Jury Might Investigate Rob Dixon

In summary, the DA said it is "considerably more likely" that Mesa County's grand jury will get work in 2009. The DA and Mesa County Chief Judge are scheduled to meet early next month to select 12 regular grand jurors along with two alternates.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I have no idea if this will impact Paige's case, or not, but it is an ongoing story that runs parallel to Paige's story.

DA: Grand jury to get work in ’09

By Paul Shockley
[email protected]

Link: http://www.gjfreepress.com/article/20090109/COMMUNITY_NEWS/901089966/1007/NONE&parentprofile=1059&title=DA:%20Grand%20jury%20to%20get%20work%20in%20%9209%20

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. — Seated but given nothing to do for two years, District Attorney Pete Hautzinger Thursday said it’s “considerably more likely” Mesa County’s grand jury will get work in 2009.

Grand jury proceedings are secret and closed to the public under state law. Hautzinger expects “one or more” matters will go before the panel.

“I don’t think we’ve ever asked them to take up more than one matter in a calendar year,” he said.

The DA and Mesa County Chief Judge David Bottger are scheduled to meet early next month to select 12 regular grand jurors along with two alternates, who’ll be plucked from a pool of residents summoned for jury duty.

Under state law, counties with populations of at least 100,000 must impanel a grand jury around the start of a new year.

Those selected agree to be available to meet and hear evidence periodically for at least 12 months. Service can be extended up to 18 months under special circumstances.

A grand jury can issue criminal charges or an indictment, decline an indictment or issue a report. They hear only from the prosecution, which has the power to subpoena witnesses to testify under oath.

Mesa County impaneled grand juries in 2007 and 2008, which heard nothing.

The last panel, which looked into the finances of the Grand Junction Rural Fire Protection District, declined to charge anybody after months of service ending in February 2006.

A focus of that investigation was former Fire District board member Rob Dixon.

Dixon is the second ex-husband of 34-year-old Paige Birgfeld, who disappeared in June 2007.

While seating last year’s grand jury panel in March, Hautzinger peppered the selection pool of residents with questions about what they knew about the Birgfeld investigation.

Hautzinger at the time said the case may be presented by late 2008 if a Mesa County Sheriff’s investigation “hadn’t moved further along.”

thanks for posting!

YW - it's my purpose here to keep you informed! :)

I pray 2009 will bring closure to Paige's family and the guilty party found!

Yeah, interesting.

"Hautzinger at the time said the case may be presented by late 2008 if a Mesa County Sheriff’s investigation “hadn’t moved further along.”

Is it just me? It says the case may be presented by late 2008 yet we are in 2009? Is this a typo? :confused:

I can't believe they do the same jurors for the whole year. We are a small county and we have about one panel a quarter. But then that is just the difference in the states.

Any movement on this case would be a blessing. And notice KG put the word MIGHT in caps. Sometimes I wonder if they made truth serum manadory if it would help unclog our courts? You know, like statins unclog arteries?

Just don't get any of that serum stuff around me...I might admit to something I thought of doing!!:D

1. What is the Grand Jury and how does it work?

The Grand Jury is a panel of citizens that is responsible for determining if there is enough evidence to bring criminal charges against an individual. They work in secret and are separate from the court system.

2. Why might Rob Dixon be under investigation by the Grand Jury?

There may be evidence or allegations of criminal activity involving Rob Dixon that the Grand Jury is tasked with investigating. This could include white collar crimes, corruption, or other illegal activities.

3. What happens if the Grand Jury decides to indict Rob Dixon?

If the Grand Jury finds enough evidence to indict Rob Dixon, he will be formally charged with a crime and the case will proceed to trial. The indictment is not a conviction, but rather a formal accusation of a crime.

4. Can the Grand Jury's decision be appealed?

No, the Grand Jury's decision is final and cannot be appealed. However, if new evidence comes to light, a new Grand Jury may be convened to review the case.

5. Is Rob Dixon presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Grand Jury?

Yes, like in any criminal case, Rob Dixon is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury's role is to determine if there is enough evidence to bring charges, not to determine guilt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy