• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gourmet-Style Meals Made at Home: A Tapanade Review

In summary, Tapanade is a traditional Mediterranean spread or dip made from olives, capers, and anchovies. It can be used in a variety of ways to add flavor to meals, such as a spread, topping, or marinade. It is not suitable for vegetarians, but there are vegetarian versions available. Tapanade can last up to two weeks in the fridge and can be easily made at home with customizable ingredients.
KayPT
We made these tonight and they were excellent!! I wasn't going to keep the ridged baker, thinking it could only be used for bacon. But I tried these on a whim, and wow!! I am amazed at the flavor; they taste like they are from a gourmet restaurant. I just had to pass this on. I haven't tried any other tapanade yet, I may stick with this one. I did check the meatballs frequently at the end so they wouldn't over cook. I also threw in some gnocchi (potato pasta); very good.

The spinach olive one is good too.

Just made the turkey meatballs with the apple walnut tapenade.. Awesome!!

1. What is Tapanade?

Tapanade is a traditional Mediterranean spread or dip made from olives, capers, and anchovies. It can also include other ingredients like garlic, herbs, and lemon juice. It is typically served as an appetizer or condiment.

2. How do I use Tapanade in my cooking?

Tapanade can be used in a variety of ways to add flavor to your meals. It can be used as a spread on bread or crackers, mixed into pasta dishes, or used as a topping for meats or fish. It can also be incorporated into salad dressings or used as a marinade for vegetables.

3. Is Tapanade suitable for vegetarians?

Traditional Tapanade contains anchovies, so it is not suitable for vegetarians. However, there are vegetarian versions available that use ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers instead of anchovies.

4. How long does Tapanade last in the fridge?

Tapanade can last for up to two weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best to use it within a week for optimal freshness and flavor.

5. Can I make my own Tapanade at home?

Yes, Tapanade can be easily made at home with a food processor or blender. There are many recipes available online, and you can customize the ingredients to your liking. It's a great way to add a gourmet touch to your meals without breaking the bank.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefharris
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies