• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got a Stubborn Splinter? Here's How to Remove It!

In summary, if you have a tiny piece of glass or a thorn or something right in the center of your heel, try duct tape and a magnifying glass. If it is in a deeper part of the wound, use a safety pin and alcohol to sterilize and remove the splinter. If it is a bigger splinter, go to the doctor.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have a teeeny tiny piece of glass or a thorn or something right in the center of my heel. It hurts like a b*tch to walk. I tried soaking, I can't get it with a tweezer, I tried Drawing Salve and have been using a corn pad...any other tips?

Duct tapeIf some is sticking up a bit, try duct tape. Put a piece over the spot, rub hard to get it to adhere, then pull. Sometimes works for me with splinters. Good luck, I have had to let a couple just fester their way out. Blech

I have heard that glue works. Same theory as the duct tape. Maybe if its in a little deeper the glue might get in there and once it dries slowly pull it away from the splinter. Maybe some peroxide will help draw it out. Good Luck.

Hmmmm...I am giong to try the duct tape once DH wakes up and tells me where it is.

What advice did your dad give you. What I was thinking was that if it is really small, it might have to be magnified and then removed. It depends on how far it is embedded in the skin.

krzymomof4 said:
What advice did your dad give you. What I was thinking was that if it is really small, it might have to be magnified and then removed. It depends on how far it is embedded in the skin.

I haven't called him - he gets annoyed when I call him with little things like this. He's not the most charming guy out there - LOL

This is what my warped brain saw in this thread titlehttp://www.frankenmuthjellystone.com/images/kids_booboo_mainimg.gif

How about foot amputation?

Gee, Paige, after that surgery, she might lose her sole. Don't you sort of feel like a heel?

Oh, c'mon everyone. I thought sure someone would lace out another good gag. This is all tongue in cheek.This thread is a shoe-in for a hijacking.

Paige Dixon said:
How about foot amputation?

Hope she doesn't have an HMO - who would foot the bill?

Ha! I was thinking that you started this thread KG!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Gee, Paige, after that surgery, she might lose her sole. Don't you sort of feel like a heel?

Sorry TKG all I can do is laugh at this one. :D

Marg said:
Hope she doesn't have an HMO - who would foot the bill?
The hospital would give her the boot when she came out of the ether.

OK, Carolyn...just do what I do when I'm hurt. Curl up in the fetal position and cry. Other than that, I got nothin'.

Laughter is the best medicine - so just come back and read this thread...that is...if you happen to think this is funny. :D:D:D:D:D:DLettuce take Carolyn some chicken soup, if we carrot all.

That figures - just when I make a food gag, CS decides to burp. I'm glad it's back though.

DanielleQ said:
OK, Carolyn...just do what I do when I'm hurt. Curl up in the fetal position and cry. Other than that, I got nothin'.

That's what I've been doing the last 2 days LOL DH is getting tired of it.

It's a good thing you didn't have it amputated because then you'd be a foot short.

Last edited:
This may sound wierd, but I've had this problem too, can't see anything and it turns out to be a fine hair that lodged it's way through my skin. Stings really bad... usually one of my cat's hairs. But tiny.

I generally locate the source of the pain and use a safety pin to sort of dig it out. I sterilize it a bit with alcohol.

Good luck.

dannyzmom said:

After 2 days I'd go to a doctor because I'd be afraid of infection. But then I'm a baby when it comes to pain/hurts. Friday I spent an hour at the doctors because I thought a cut I got from a food processor blade might need stitches. Nope, and my almost fainting the entire time I was there so lying on the floor with my feet elevated while waiting really upset the staff.

Countrykitchenmichelle said:
This may sound wierd, but I've had this problem too, can't see anything and it turns out to be a fine hair that lodged it's way through my skin. Stings really bad... usually one of my cat's hairs. But tiny.

I generally locate the source of the pain and use a safety pin to sort of dig it out. I sterilize it a bit with alcohol.

Good luck.

Yeah I am all for digging it out yourself. I have done that before and it helps a lot! Hope it feels better though. :(

I am NOT a self-digger - LOL
I'd happily dig at someone else's wound - but have no ability to dig at my own.
I let DH go at it for a bit the other night - but I was too wimpy and it just wasn't gonna work.
Our health insirance sucks -- after my torn-off fingernail issue in October I ended up with over $250 in medical bills. I am going to suck this one up til my foot starts to rot - LOL
That amputation my start to look appealing

dannyzmom said:

Well, then, sister...you KNOW my new name for a DH who ain't helpin' out!!!

DanielleQ said:
Well, then, sister...you KNOW my new name for a DH who ain't helpin' out!!!

^5!!!
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!

Related to Got a Stubborn Splinter? Here's How to Remove It!

1. What is "Totally off Topic - Boo Boo"?

"Totally off Topic - Boo Boo" is a game that can be played with friends and family. It involves taking turns sharing funny or embarrassing stories about yourself or others.

2. How many players can participate in "Totally off Topic - Boo Boo"?

The game can be played with 3 or more players.

3. Is there a specific age range for this game?

The game is suitable for all ages, however, younger players may need help understanding the concept.

4. How long does a typical game of "Totally off Topic - Boo Boo" last?

This depends on the number of players and how many rounds are played, but on average, a game can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

5. Can "Totally off Topic - Boo Boo" be played virtually?

Yes, the game can be adapted to be played virtually through video conferencing platforms or messaging apps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • The_Kitchen_Guy