• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got a New Pampered Chef Injury!

In summary, this woman has managed to cut herself on a variety of objects in her kitchen. Today, she tops it all off by slicing her thumb on the BBQ tongs.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I managed to cut myself on the things that you wouldn't normally think you could! I even cut my finger on the kitchen spritzer! Well today topped it all. I pulled the BBQ Tongs from the dishwasher and there was still some char on the inside so I ran my thumb up the inside only to slice open my thumb on the VERY sharp edges of the oval cut outs! It resembles a very bad paper cut and won't stop bleeding!

*wince* OUCH.I'm like you....cutting on the strangest things. I'm so bad- when I do demos and have to cut/slice something- I stop talking and focus. One trip to the ER after a show was enough, thank you very much. :)Hope it stops soon!

Ouch! Industrial Accident?

esavvymom said:
*wince* OUCH.

I'm like you....cutting on the strangest things. I'm so bad- when I do demos and have to cut/slice something- I stop talking and focus. One trip to the ER after a show was enough, thank you very much. :)

Hope it stops soon!
I luckily have not done that! But I do tell them when I touch something like a knife that I am a klutz! I quickly show them the knife and then put the cover back on.

RMDave said:
Ouch! Industrial Accident?

Back down to 0 days without incident!

wadesgirl said:
Back down to 0 days without incident!
This made me laugh. We have a paper mill in my city. They have a little :) smiley/:mad: frown face guy (his expression is made with neon bulbs) on a sign where they keep track of the number of days without an injury.My husband tells my customers that I'm notorious for hurting myself on anything PC related -- sharp (made for cutting) or not.

chefjeanine said:
This made me laugh. We have a paper mill in my city. They have a little :) smiley/:mad: frown face guy (his expression is made with neon bulbs) on a sign where they keep track of the number of days without an injury.

My husband tells my customers that I'm notorious for hurting myself on anything PC related -- sharp (made for cutting) or not.

That is pretty funny! I work for a t-shirt printing company so once in a while we'll print t-shirts for companies boasting their safety record.

You're clearly very talented.

I think I have you beat! Sort of...

I was holding my serrated peeler today without the guard on (I was looking for it... it's so easy to lose!). ANyway, somehow I ended up holding it with my thumb against the serrated "head", with the serrated parts digging into my thumb-tip. And because of how they're angled, it's kind of like a barb, when you try to pull away from it it digs in more. Ouch!!! Anyway, I managed with my left hand to support the peeler and kind of push my thumb out from the other side, and actually didn't get cut. I was pretty worried for about half a minute before I figured out how I could get it off my thumb without ripping off a bunch of skin. Yikes!

Oh, and I also cut myself pretty badly with the spritzer!!!

Oh my....I just cringed my way through this thread! Of course, every time I look at my left hand I am reminded of the time I cut a chunk of my nail and nailbed out with my very new 5" Santoku. The scar on my foot from dropping my beloved Oval Baker is finally fading away after a year.
At least we can laugh at ourselves :)

Related to Got a New Pampered Chef Injury!

1. What should I do if I get a burn from using my new Pampered Chef product?

If you experience a burn from using a Pampered Chef product, it's important to treat it immediately. Run the affected area under cool water for several minutes to ease the pain and prevent further damage. You can also apply a burn ointment or aloe vera gel to help soothe the burn. If the burn is severe, seek medical attention.

2. I accidentally cut myself while using my new Pampered Chef knife. How should I clean and care for the wound?

If you cut yourself while using a Pampered Chef knife, the first step is to stop the bleeding by applying pressure with a clean cloth. Once the bleeding has stopped, clean the wound with soap and water and cover it with a bandage. If the wound is deep or won't stop bleeding, seek medical attention.

3. What should I do if I accidentally break a piece of my new Pampered Chef cookware?

If you accidentally break a piece of your Pampered Chef cookware, do not attempt to use it or fix it. Broken cookware can be dangerous to use and should be disposed of properly. Contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance with replacing the broken piece.

4. I received a minor cut while washing my new Pampered Chef product. Is it safe to continue using it?

If you received a minor cut while using a Pampered Chef product, it's important to clean the wound and take proper care of it. As long as the wound is small and not bleeding profusely, it should be safe to continue using the product. However, if the wound is deep or the product caused the injury, it's best to discontinue use and contact customer service for assistance.

5. What safety precautions should I take when using my new Pampered Chef product?

While Pampered Chef products are designed with safety in mind, it's important to always use caution when working with sharp objects or hot surfaces. Always read and follow the instructions and safety guidelines provided with each product. It's also important to keep products out of reach of children and to use proper protective gear, such as oven mitts, when handling hot items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MORFIA
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U