• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Normal for Icontact to Request Personal Information Over the Phone?

In summary, Jessica received a lot of calls from iContact, some of which were recordings, and found it strange that the customer service representative would ask for her credit card number over the phone.
pc_jessica
okay so just wondering if this is at all normal for icontact. i registered with them 3 days ago. and i signed up for the 15 day free trial. well a lady just called and asked how it was goign and then asked for all my information again, and then said she could take my credit card number over the phone so i wouldn't have to put in the computer...i found this to be a little strange...any thoughts???

I signed up for the trial too and got TONS of calls and emails from them. It was really quite irritating. I love the idea of the service but I didnt like the overbearing follow ups.

I received the calls but mine were recordings. If I don't know the number and it comes through as an 800 number I let it go to vm and they would leave a message. I agree it is annoying.

Odd that she would ask for your CC number over the phone... I would personally not give my CC number to an unsolicited phone call (only if I make the call). Sounds a little bizarre... Maybe call back and ask if this is their regular procedure?

I wouldn't give any credit card numbers over the phone. I don't remember being hassled by them when I signed up.

I had a guy call me and see how things were going. I told him what I liked and didn't like. I didn't want to commit and pay for it yet...wasn't completely won over by it yet. So he made me some sort of offer (can't remember the details now), and said I could cancel after however long if I no longer wanted the service. I did go ahead and pay for it over the phone. He was definitely from iContact and talked to me about troubleshooting and other marketing things and really hit me w/ the sales pitch of how much of a benefit it is to continue using the service, so I didn't question it when he asked for my CC#.

I never got a phone call that I can recall. A few emails, but nothing excessive that I remember. I certainly wouldn't give anyone a CC # over the phone if they called me, and not the other way around. I'd say "no thanks- I'll do it online when I'm ready." Its a trial-period for a REASON...to give you time to try it out.

Jessica I signed up for my trial yesterday and I too got a vmail from them today :) It didn't surprise me, I'm guessing it's their regular f/u tactic to get "trial" users to commit to signing up once they've sent something, etc.

okay well im glad others have gotten phonecalls i was just real hesitant to give someone my credit card number over the phone...i used to work in a bank and have seen way too many scams out there!

I'm a retired Police Dispatcher & I recommend that you NOT give out your credit card # over the phone to someone who calls you. I never got a call from them even though I have a stateside number here in Japan. Weird! Criminals are VERY smart now days and are always changing up methods on how to scam people. If you want to upgrade from a trial account & become a member, I recommend that you do it on their official web page. ;) But I guarantee that one of the things that I'd be complaining about is the telemarketing if they were harassing me! Their system shows you how to do surveys. If they have questions they can e-mail me a survey. Calling me to ask questions is NOT okay in my book.

What is Icontact and why did I receive a call from them?

Icontact is an email marketing and automation platform used by many businesses to communicate with their customers. You may have received a call from them if you have signed up for a newsletter or made a purchase from a company that uses Icontact as their email provider.

Is it safe to answer and/or return calls from Icontact?

Yes, it is safe to answer and return calls from Icontact. They are a legitimate company and may be trying to reach you for marketing or customer service purposes.

How did Icontact get my phone number?

Your phone number may have been provided to Icontact by a company that you have interacted with or given your information to. They may also have obtained it through public records or directories.

Can I opt-out of receiving calls from Icontact?

Yes, you can opt-out of receiving calls from Icontact by requesting to be added to their do-not-call list. You can also unsubscribe from any emails or newsletters sent through their platform.

I am not interested in receiving calls from Icontact. How can I stop them from calling me?

You can request to be added to their do-not-call list or unsubscribe from their emails. You can also block their number on your phone or contact your phone provider to block the number for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • ~*Heather*~
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
~*Heather*~
Replies