• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodbye Rosie: The View's Upcoming Changes and Your Thoughts

In summary, Rosie O'Donnell is leaving "The View" when her contract is up. Some people are happy and some people are not. Rosie is not a favorite of anyone on this board.
raebates said:
One of the common misconceptions of the whole 9/11 conspiracy is that the steel melted. The heat caused the steel to lose integrity. That means it wasn't as strong. It didn't melt. It's more like it crumbled. It's physics.

I was watching the History Channel today and they went through the fact that when the planes hit, they were angled to do more damage to more floors. It put the brunt of the weight of the building on the remaining steel beams. The second plane was angled even more...damaging more floors. It compromised the weight much more than in the first tower hit and thus it fell first (and I THINK they said 53 minutes.) Hope Rosie was watching while she was hanging upside down!! Hey...I am overweight too so I think I have a right to say this...THAT was disgusting and an image I could have lived without seeing:eek: (must be I couldn't find the remote!) A drawing would have been a good enough visual for me!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but when they announced her leaving on The View, they DID say she would be there "guest co-hosting" probably once a week for the next year...she would also be doing specials for The View.

I think it's funny...How she gets everyone's underwear in a bunch!! LOL Freedom of speech people, I LOVE IT and as a proud member of the military I fight for it everyday!! I too used to love her but she has changed, as do all of us, granted not as drastically as she has, LOL but hey that is life, and that is where the channel changer comes into play. Now the one person I do LOVE? Rosanne!! She is a hoot!! Howard Stern crosses the line a bit too but again channel changer!! :eek:) I don't watch Donald Trump cause his hair drives me crazy, like he doesn't have billions to spend on hair plugs!! LOL Oh well to each his own and thank god for that!! If we were all the same the world would be a boring place!! Just my 2 cents. Not trying to pi$$ anyone off just voicing my thoughts.

Wanna see people's undies in a bunch? Start talking about Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark "Get Off the Phone, You Big Dope" Levine and Fox News.

That's the beauty of free speech - and as long as we can keep the government out of it and let market forces decide, all will be right with the world. We don't need regulation of the airwaves (other than enforcing decency laws, a la George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can't Say On Television") we don't need the Fairness Doctrine and we don't need Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton monitoring the airwaves to protect us from :eek: free thinking.

For example, the market has proven that the world really doesn't like Katie Couric. CBS Evening News has dropped in the ratings war with her in place, so you can bet she and CBS will be parting ways soon.

The market is tough to read sometimes, though. Are ratings of The View up because of Rosie's insights? Or because people want to see what kind of dumb thing she'll say today? Rosie is probably even misinterpreting her ratings.

There was no need to fire Don Imus. Hardly anyone was listening to him, anyway. We've got a radio (non)talent right here in Milwaukee who says not only nasty things, but outright racist, homophobic, anti-semetic and downright stupid things on a daily basis. Is there a drive to get him fired? Off the air? No. His market share is miniscule and if station management is dumb enough to keep him on, and sponsors are dumb enough to keep him on, well, that's what market forces are all about.

You don't like Rosie? Push the button. You don't like Rush? Push the button. You don't like Air America? You're in good company - just push the button like everyone else has. (There has been no outlet for Air America in Milwaukee since the beginning. No one here cares.)

Rosie is free to say what she wants - free speech is a constitutional guarantee and furthermore, there is no law in this country prohibiting stupidity. She is welcome to speak her little mind, as long as ABC is willing to put up with her. (How brilliant was it to offer her a contract they knew she'd never accept?)

smarteez2 said:
<snip for brevity> Now the one person I do LOVE? Rosanne!! She is a hoot!! <snip>
Did you know something we didn't? Reports this morning are that Rosanne is the leading condidate to replace Rosie on The View.

I've never watched The View and putting Rosanne on will guarantee I won't be watching it any time soon.

O...M...G!!!

I did not hear that - Rosanne?

I guess they won't get my viewership back either.

Has ABC completely lost their marbles??

BTW, KG, what dj were you talking about in milwaukee? The only one I can think of that would fit your description is Mancow...and I thought he was already gone!

Mancow is alive and well and surviving in syndication, just no outlet in Milwaukee anymore.The non-talent I'm talking about is Michael McGee/Jackson Jr., although, I have no idea what name Junior McGee is going by anymore. A couple of weeks ago, he was talking about a hit and run accident and suggested that people throw bricks at speeding cars.

oh...him! I didn't realize he was on the air. Every time I see his face or hear his name (whatever it happens to be today) on the news, I utilize my right to push the button on my remote. Kinda like when "The View" comes on!
bricks at cars....hmmm....that'll solve things, huh? I've heard that guy (mcgee) wants to run for Mayor of Milwaukee. Heck of a role model! Hey, maybe Rosie should run for president next year! (I must have bumped my head today - LOL!!!) Wow, I can sense everyone's eyes rolling!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
...and suggested that people throw bricks at speeding cars.

I could get into that!

I guess I am in the minorities I like her fine and if she goes on about things then maybe I turn the channel maybe I listen just depends on the "topic" well I guess I am just not easily offended about those kinds of things.

I do feel sorry for her in a way--she's had to put up with a lot since she came out (a common occurrence), and being in the public eye makes that hard. Some people in the gay community expect any celebrity who comes out to be a spokesperson for gay marriage and so on, and I think that's a lot of pressure regardless of what anyone thinks of the subject. I think life has thrown her some rough curve-balls (not that it hasn't done the same to everyone, but not everyone is seen on TV daily), and she's just grown bitter and hard about a lot of things, and she no longer appeals to as wide an audience as she once did (when she was the Queen of Nice). I honestly haven't seen her since the good ol' days of her show (when she used "cutie-patootie" to describe nearly everything), so I guess I can't speak to any actual incidents, but I hear a lot about her, so my opinion is based purely on that...

I have to agree with KG, though, regarding the media and getting several views before reaching a conclusion about what really happened. As John Mayer says, "when they own the information, they can bend it all they want..."

wow!!
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Did you know something we didn't? Reports this morning are that Rosanne is the leading condidate to replace Rosie on The View.

I've never watched The View and putting Rosanne on will guarantee I won't be watching it any time soon.

lol no i didnt KG!! But i would def DVR the view if she ends up on it!! i love her!!

She lost me when she used Tom Arnold. I may be one of the only people on North America that likes the guy but when that whole divorce thing came out, it was obviously a publicity stunt designed to make Rosanne a household name.

Well at least you
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
She lost me when she used Tom Arnold. I may be one of the only people on North America that likes the guy but when that whole divorce thing came out, it was obviously a publicity stunt designed to make Rosanne a household name.

have a reason other than her messing up singing the nathional anthem, LOL. I think, just my opinion that her show was awesome and is awesome, I have all the seasons so far!! She tackled some tough issues on it with humor and grace, IMHO. So I am a big fan, but definately not the type to knock someone else for not liking her. :eek:) ode to the domestic goddess!! LOL

I never really cared for her comedic style, truth be told, and besides the Tom Arnold thing, reinventing herself via plastic surgery didn't do a lot for me, either. It did seem to work for her, though.As for her show, you're getting into a grey area that people tend to overlook. When anyone, comic, actor or someone off the street, acts in a television sitcom (or anything else) they are reciting lines that someone wrote for them. As an example, while Home Improvement was inspired by, and based on, Tim Allen's stand-up routine, the main thing Tim Allen did was recite lines written for him.The same is true of Rosanne on her show. Yes, like Tim Allen on his show, she did probably have some creative input (her name was on the slate, of course) but it wasn't all her work. What made the show work was her skill as a stand-up to deliver her lines. All In The Family also tackled a lot of social issues, as did Rosanne, but not all of the credit goes to Carrol O'Conner or to Rosanne. Hundreds of people, including a staff of writers, made those shows work. (A big reason for the success of her show, IMHO, was John Goodman. He's better than people give him credit for because he's been in some pretty rotten productions.)The last time I saw Rosanne do stand-up on The Tonight Show, she wasn't very good. Maybe she's terrific in Vegas and just had a bad night. You can only use the "What's up with that?" line so often before it wears thin.

True that!!
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I never really cared for her comedic style, truth be told, and besides the Tom Arnold thing, reinventing herself via plastic surgery didn't do a lot for me, either. It did seem to work for her, though.

As for her show, you're getting into a grey area that people tend to overlook. When anyone, comic, actor or someone off the street, acts in a television sitcom (or anything else) they are reciting lines that someone wrote for them. As an example, while Home Improvement was inspired by, and based on, Tim Allen's stand-up routine, the main thing Tim Allen did was recite lines written for him.

The same is true of Rosanne on her show. Yes, like Tim Allen on his show, she did probably have some creative input (her name was on the slate, of course) but it wasn't all her work. What made the show work was her skill as a stand-up to deliver her lines. All In The Family also tackled a lot of social issues, as did Rosanne, but not all of the credit goes to Carrol O'Conner or to Rosanne. Hundreds of people, including a staff of writers, made those shows work. (A big reason for the success of her show, IMHO, was John Goodman. He's better than people give him credit for because he's been in some pretty rotten productions.)

The last time I saw Rosanne do stand-up on The Tonight Show, she wasn't very good. Maybe she's terrific in Vegas and just had a bad night. You can only use the "What's up with that?" line so often before it wears thin.

But I still love her humor, the rest of the cast was excellant as well!! I grew up on Rosanne though so that is why I am partial to her. I love her ex Tom Arnold as well. He is a hoot.!!

KellyTheChef said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but when they announced her leaving on The View, they DID say she would be there "guest co-hosting" probably once a week for the next year...she would also be doing specials for The View.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read this is when my employer will 'lay' people off. She puts them on a stand by list. "We will call you WHEN we need you... when people call in sick, vacations, summertime" etc. Even if vacations and summertime iare only a week away, she just says she will call them then.

Funny thing is, we don't ever need them... We just hire someone else about 4 weeks later....

I personally don't agree with it, because people sit at home waiting for the call, and a few weeks later get another job. They are not fired, let go, or layed off, so they can't get unemployment, they still work there, she just hasn't needed them for a few weeks.

She doesn't say it, but I have finally caught on when I talked to the last person she did this to a few weeks afterward. Usually I don't see them again to know how they were let go.

So, do you think "The View" will be calling her every week, or not need a fill-in for a few weeks / months?

I wonder how long it will be till they need her for a special - 13 months?

You're not the only one :)
lisaterwilliger said:
Wow, I'm the only one who is actually kinda bummed out! I only started watching The View again BECAUSE of Rosie! She always cracks me up and says things that I know I could never say...and I always really liked her show when she had it on a few years ago!

I like Rosie too. I think it's great how she speaks her mind... but!
I draw the line when she asked who the "real terroists" were because of the 10's of thousands of Iraq's have been killed...:(

It's WAR! On their soil! My heart breaks for the innocent people who are affected! Our troops & their civilians... But the constitution gives us the right to express our opinions!:cool:

She may be brash <--is that a word? :p And she may be over-the-top at times... But anyone can turn the channel or switch off the tv.

I still think she can be very funny, I will still check out what she's doing or the show she's on and she has kept working....

My opinion for my fellow Rosie fans. I think, behind closed doors, her and The Donald get rip roaring drunk & decide how to S H O C K the public the next morning. :D

chefkeri said:
My opinion for my fellow Rosie fans. I think, behind closed doors, her and The Donald get rip roaring drunk & decide how to S H O C K the public the next morning. :D
I think you're dreaming. Donald Trump needs Rosie like a porpoise needs a lawn mower.

That's what I love about CS... we don't always agree, but can express opinions and then KG will make a smart-a$$ remark about it and the thread will make a wild u-turn and head downhill...
Thanks, KG!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Does this start to make you even the least bit skeptical about what the media is presenting as "fact" these days?

Anyone who gets their news from one source, especially the network evening newscasts or just the morning shows, are sadly misinformed. With the myriad of news outlets available from the Internet and even broadcast outlets, there is no excuse for not questioning everything and looking to learn more.

By the way, reading the same wire story in different publications doesn't count.

Well, here's one of the millions (or whatever the number was) that watches the View. I actually try to get the hot topics portion just to see what they are talking about. I was getting tired of Rosie: thought she took up too much camera time, very vocal about her beliefs (which in and of itself isn't the problem) and ready to argue as opposed to debate the issues. I don't agree with Elizabeth's views, but I do feel that she has the right to be heard. It seemed like Rosie took every opportunity to tear her down. The last tirade between her and Rosie was just painful to watch. I felt bad for Joy and the quest host, they were trying to cut to commercial but no one would and they couldn't get Rosie and Elizabeth to stop.

All this, and the fact that Rosie just guit and didn't finish her contract.. well if I don't see her on tv anytime soon it will be fine with me.

I heard Whoopi might take her place.

That wouldn't be much of a difference, actually.

Wow, I am soooooo in the minority on this topic, LoL.

I'm a big Rosie fan and visit her website at Rosie.com almost daily. It's really weird because I'm a newlywed and my husband is a devoted, Christian, republican and can basically mirror most of what Elizabeth Hasselback has to say and I am on the complete opposite spectrum, an Independent and very liberal and see alot of Rosie's views (not all mind you, but alot). We love each other madly but can't agree on politics to save our lives!!!!!!!!! LoL

Even among all these differences, life goes on... thats the beauty of it

Perhaps you can shed some light on why Mary Matalain hasn't strangled James Carville yet. (The operative word there is, "yet.")If it makes you feel any better, James Stewart was close friends with Henry Fonda and they had great chemistry together on screen. Stewart was a staunch conservative and Fonda was just a tad to the right of his nutty daughter, Hanoi Jane. The two got along by agreeing to never discuss politics.

buh bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out...... I even sent an email to Barbara Walters about comments she made about rescue efforts Back in December when some hikers were lost on a mt. Hood.... I think everyone heard something about ..... I can't stand her!!!

<h2>1. Why is Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?</h2><p>Rosie O'Donnell has announced that she will be leaving "The View" when her contract expires in June 2021. She stated that she wants to focus on her family and other projects.</p><h2>2. When did Rosie O'Donnell join "The View"?</h2><p>Rosie O'Donnell joined "The View" in September 2006 as a co-host. She left the show in 2007 but returned in 2014 for a second stint as a co-host.</p><h2>3. Will there be a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell on "The View"?</h2><p>At this time, there has been no announcement of a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell. The show's producers have stated that they will take their time in finding the right co-host.</p><h2>4. How do viewers feel about Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?</h2><p>Opinions among viewers vary, with some expressing disappointment at her departure and others expressing relief. Ultimately, it is up to each individual viewer to decide how they feel about Rosie O'Donnell's time on "The View".</p><h2>5. Will you watch "The View" again now that Rosie O'Donnell is leaving?</h2><p>As a company, we do not take a stance on the personal opinions of our customers. We value all of our customers and their individual preferences. We hope that you will continue to tune in to "The View" and enjoy the diverse perspectives and discussions on the show.</p>

1. Why is Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?

Rosie O'Donnell has announced that she will be leaving "The View" when her contract expires in June 2021. She stated that she wants to focus on her family and other projects.

2. When did Rosie O'Donnell join "The View"?

Rosie O'Donnell joined "The View" in September 2006 as a co-host. She left the show in 2007 but returned in 2014 for a second stint as a co-host.

3. Will there be a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell on "The View"?

At this time, there has been no announcement of a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell. The show's producers have stated that they will take their time in finding the right co-host.

4. How do viewers feel about Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?

Opinions among viewers vary, with some expressing disappointment at her departure and others expressing relief. Ultimately, it is up to each individual viewer to decide how they feel about Rosie O'Donnell's time on "The View".

5. Will you watch "The View" again now that Rosie O'Donnell is leaving?

As a company, we do not take a stance on the personal opinions of our customers. We value all of our customers and their individual preferences. We hope that you will continue to tune in to "The View" and enjoy the diverse perspectives and discussions on the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies