• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodbye Rosie: The View's Upcoming Changes and Your Thoughts

In summary, Rosie O'Donnell is leaving "The View" when her contract is up. Some people are happy and some people are not. Rosie is not a favorite of anyone on this board.
pcchris
Silver Member
I just heard today that Rosie O'Donnell will be leaving "The View" when her contract is up (I'm doing a happy dance...can you see it?!?! HA!) I stopped watching The View shortly after she came on, but might start watching it again when she's gone (If you didn't figure it out, I am NOT a Rosie fan). So, I'm wondering how you all feel about Rosie O'donnell.

Buh-Bye Rosie!!!

yeah - don't let the door hit ya on the way out!!! HA HA HA!!!!!

Wow, I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

I like Rosie about as much as I woul dlike poison ivy in my undies - I find her completely offensive.

Hmmmm, poison ivy in my undies. Not a pretty visual!

I was ELATED to say the least. My DH broke the news to me as he knew that I could not stand her. I use to watch her talk show (and did love it) until she got so big headed and blind sided and berrated Tom Selleck when he was a guest on her show. I only watched The View a few times when she took over Star's position (didn't care for her either). I am hoping her "15 minutes of fame" is up.

Rosie should go find Don Imus and Howard Stern, and the three of them could start their own network that no one (in their right mind) would listen to.

Did anyone post yet "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya?"

I'm happy to hear of her departure as well.:)

Wow, I'm the only one who is actually kinda bummed out! I only started watching The View again BECAUSE of Rosie! She always cracks me up and says things that I know I could never say...and I always really liked her show when she had it on a few years ago!

I used to love Rosie! I loved her movies and I loved her talk show (never cared too much for her magazine though). These last few years though she has become quite abrasive and offensive and I don't enjoy her so much. I don't watch The View on a regular basis and will usually change the channel when she starts one of her tirades. I'd rather watch her than Star though.....

Braedensmom said:
Did anyone post yet "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya?"
I am THRILLED that she is leaving - haven't watched it since she started! She is extremely abrasive....and just seems to like to pick fights where none should exist.On another note....Where are moving to in Michigan Brenda??? I thought everyone was moving OUT of Michigan.....but you are moving in!!!:)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Rosie should go find Don Imus and Howard Stern, and the three of them could start their own network that no one (in their right mind) would listen to.

Yeah, they could call it the BIP network (Bigmouth, Idiot, and Pig!) I'll let you figure out who's who! :confused:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

OMG KG....that is hilarious and so true. I used to like Rosie a LONG TIME AGO. Back before she started to be so controversial about her lifestyle. Whooppeee for her. Just don't push it on to me.

I work full-time, so I never watched the view anyway, but I'm sure it's going to be better. :p

I am not a Rosie fan either. I find her extremely obnoxious.
She has a house in Nyack, which is about 20 minutes away from me. I saw her a few times at the local mall & she was just plain RUDE.
I am not a huge fan of The View, but it will certainly be better sans Rosie!

pcchris said:
Yeah, they could call it the BIP network (Bigmouth, Idiot, and Pig!) I'll let you figure out who's who! :confused:

I guess I am the only one who subscribes then. (Although I would agree that Imus is racist and deserved to be fired -- I've never agreed with his views and feel that racism should never be tolerated, even in the name of free speech).

Is it me or have we gotten a little nasty on this board?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pleased to here the news - I rarely watched her talk show but after the way she treated Tom Selleck on her show I had not respect for the woman ever again. The Women's conference speech was deplorable.
I can't undrestand why The View rating were up because of her except that people wanted to see a train wreck perhaps. On the rare accasion I happened on the channel during ths show I hated the way she treated Elizabeth. You are young and you are wrong. There are many people much older than Elizabeth that have conservative views but that isn't even a rational argument. Have a reasonable rational discussion without foul language and being rude with an intelligent commentary. Not just I am right therefore you are wrong with an insult thrown in.
I rarely write to shows but I did send and e-mail to Elizabeth to give her my support. I notice that Rosie never had an e-mail - Barabra probably got all the nastiness that everyone else wanted to send.
And then of course the other clown Donald Trump now tries to get in the last word. Yo Donald - You have no class either. My beef with him is so much of his commentary is about Rosie's appearance. My husband laughed - Like he has room to talk - Mr. Bizarro Comeover. Women marry him for his money not his charming ways and personality
O.K. Back off my soap box

lisaterwilliger said:
Wow, I'm the only one who is actually kinda bummed out! I only started watching The View again BECAUSE of Rosie! She always cracks me up and says things that I know I could never say...and I always really liked her show when she had it on a few years ago!
She's a hypocritical dimwit with a national forum, and she says things that no one should say. She began to expose her narrow-minded idiocy back when she was a spokesnut for K-Mart and started spewing about gun control. You may recall that K-Mart, at that time, sold hunting rifles in their sporting goods department so her statements were in direct conflict with her employer and caused a great deal of heartburn.About that time, someone pointed out that her children had armed body guards. When confronted on her view that regular folks should not be allowed to bear arms while her family was being protected by firearms, her reply was, "That's different." Uh, sure, Rosie. As soon as someone crosses into the "Do as I say and not as I do" world, I have little use for them.Don Imus was taken to task for statements he made about another race. A couple of years ago, Rosie went off on a rant about Danny DeVito, making crude and insensitive remarks about the Chinese. She mocked their speech and language and while some Chinese groups protested, no one else had much anything to say about that - and she's still on the air. What kind of double-standard allows her to stay on the air while Imus is outside, looking in? (Edited to add: Rosie came out in defense of Don Imus and said, "...your job is going to be taken away if you think or say something America doesn't like?" She knows that what happened to Imus had nothing to do with what he said but had everything to do with censorship. She also knows she's in the crosshairs, too.) Did she increase the ratings of The View because was popular, or was it the same attraction that makes humans want to stare at carnage of a train wreck?

Last edited:
Kg - very well put. I couldn't have said it better myself!

I am SO glad she is leaving. I have never watched the View that much but I quit completely when she came on.

I am thrilled that she is going. I have some relatives that work for The View, they all said that the moral has been down since Rosie joined the View. My one uncle has worked in the studio where they tape for 14 years and after 2 months of Rosie, he was contemplating leaving the show. Needless to say, the staff at the View is just as excited about her leaving as the rest of us!

that doesn't surprise me! I just hope that they get someone really good, and not political, to replace her...then I can start watching again!

I don't watch the view anyway, but see clips of Rosie on Best Week Ever (my version of the news, LOL!). I loved her talk show when she was "the queen of nice" but can't stand her now. I was flipping channels one day and saw a few minutes of the Rosie Family Cruise. She was so rude to her kids and wife- I couldn't believe she even let it air!!

I used to be a fan of her's as well but not anymore. She's so crude...too bad.

I was very excited to hear the news! If one doesn't agree with her point-of-view then she gives a verbal beat-down. It's one thing to disagree on a topic, then there's the Rosie Beat-down.
I give ABC a thumb's up for creating a contract she wasn't happy with which resulted in her curtain call.

gilliandanielle said:
I don't watch the view anyway, but see clips of Rosie on Best Week Ever (my version of the news, LOL!). I loved her talk show when she was "the queen of nice" but can't stand her now. I was flipping channels one day and saw a few minutes of the Rosie Family Cruise. She was so rude to her kids and wife- I couldn't believe she even let it air!!

You know, it's almost like she had a personalityectomy. (I just made up a word!) I remember when she was the "Queen of Nice"......what happened? Now she is just so mean-spirited, and hateful to people - she must be a very unhappy person, don't you think?

I feel kind of sorry for her. Hurt people hurt people. Not enough to subject myself to her meanspirited tirades, but I do feel sorry for her.BTW, when her talk show first started, I felt like I had found a kindred spirit. Here was someone else who could hold an entire conversation using only movie lines and song lyrics. The, all of a sudden, it seemed like she turned into a hateful, venom-spewing woman. No longer fun. No longer funny. No longer a kindred spirit. No longer someone I wanted to watch.

She used to be nice, back before she "came out" then for some reason it was like her whole life was an act she was putting on. Personally, the fact that she is gay has nothing to do with why I don't like her, but it seems that the timing when she stopped hiding the truth was about the same time her personality changed as well.

Yes...I can remember when her show was first on years ago...I would watch it with my kids when they came home from school! She was so fun, funny, and entertaining to watch!

I agree- it seems like once she "came out" her personality changed dramatically! I don't agree with her lifestyle choices...but they are HER choices and my reasons for not liking her are not cuz she's gay. They are cuz she is sooooooo against anyone who doesn't believe EXACTLY like her!

When she first started on the View, I was hoping she wouldn't use it as a platform to push her views down our throats, but that is ALL she does! Now...when she is doing something NOT POLITICAL...like showing crafts she makes for her kids...she seems like a normal (and can be very funny) person. That is few and far between, though.

I hope her replacement is someone funny who brings a different view (uh...it is called The View!! LOL) but who understands that other people may not have HER "view" and they can be right too!

I can't stand how EVERY DAY she is pushing her beliefs down our throats so much!

I too use to like Rosie too. I loved her show! But did you remember why she came out? Her foster daughter was taken away from her when she wanted to adopt her. The state said no because they were not a traditional family. She was heartbroken. I remember this well because I thought what a remarkable women to adopt these kids, love them and let them know they are always a real family blood or not.

THEN SHE CAME OUT AND TO HECK WITH THE WORLD! She is hurt and broken and therefore needs to do it to everyone else. (at least that's the way I see it.) Not the right choice Rosie!

I didn't watch the view because I didn't like Meredith. Now I don't watch the Today show. Sorry Matt :( Now maybe I can start to watch the view next season. (When I actually have the TV and not the kids:)

My feelings are the same as everyone here. I am puzzled as to who are the "half million" more that are watching? Just by the majority on this board it makes me wonder. I don't get to see The View much but I too would not even flip to it after Rosie started. She just seems so hateful. It is sad because she has shown kindness by raising a family. Ok...I'm tired and see that I am about to ramble!!!:eek:

I wish Rosie would just quit TV all together. I use to like her back in the day and I use to watch her talk show, but now I can't stand her. She has such a big mouth and she needs to insert her big foot into it. I think she has become rude and obnoxious.

I really used to like Rosie, and I can admit she still can crack me up. But her carrying around that kind of stuff (hatred, whatever) can't be good for her.

baychef said:
I am puzzled as to who are the "half million" more that are watching?
Does this start to make you even the least bit skeptical about what the media is presenting as "fact" these days?

Anyone who gets their news from one source, especially the network evening newscasts or just the morning shows, are sadly misinformed. With the myriad of news outlets available from the Internet and even broadcast outlets, there is no excuse for not questioning everything and looking to learn more.

By the way, reading the same wire story in different publications doesn't count.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Does this start to make you even the least bit skeptical about what the media is presenting as "fact" these days?

Anyone who gets their news from one source, especially the network evening newscasts or just the morning shows, are sadly misinformed. With the myriad of news outlets available from the Internet and even broadcast outlets, there is no excuse for not questioning everything and looking to learn more.

By the way, reading the same wire story in different publications doesn't count.
But they've been so honest with us up until this point. LOL

There was never any bias, was there? :rolleyes:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There was never any bias, was there? :rolleyes:
Nope. Its funny with the experience I had in the media, it still surprises me the way they spin a story... and what they consider a story.

I had a journalism professor in school who made us review the same story as presented by several different newspapers, including those that lean far to the left (i.e., New York Times) the more mainstream (i.e., Wall Street Journal) and those that are further right (i.e., Christian Science Monitor) and write out our comparisons. A typical denizon of the college campus, he leaned left himself and we all thought we had to write our reports telling him the NYT was the most unbiased report. Actually, no, he wanted our real opinions and legitimate analysis. He even pointed out the biases of each newspaper we analyzed, although it was painfully obvious that he didn't like the CSM or WSJ.It was a real eye-opener to me, and, to this day, has made me skeptical of every report I read.

MandyK said:

Hmmm, you think!!:rolleyes:

If I don't like something on TV I push the button with my thumb and poof new channel I'm happy enough said!;)

MandyK said:
After all, Rosie is so quiet and reserved on the air.

Nasty? I don't think so. Rosie likes to say things her way, as do we!!

Nasty is as nasty does!!

I, for one, am happy to see that she's getting what she deserves. Imus got fired for flapping his gums, and Rosie is leaving because everyone's tired of her flapping her gums.

Okay, that last post of mine seemed indifferent, or uncaring. That's not me. I understand that we are all entitled to our opinions, and that's great. However, when two or more people are opining, and one person oversteps their boundaries because they believe that they are right, and don't care about the other person's opinion...that's wrong. That's what Rosie does, and for that reason, I am glad that she is leaving the show.

(so, basically, my 2 posts are the same, but one's a little gentler.)

dannyzmom said:
I like Rosie about as much as I woul dlike poison ivy in my undies - I find her completely offensive.
ROTFLMBO!!!!:eek: :D Too freakin funny! I CAN'T STAND ROSIE! She offends me just to look at her and that is sad, because a long time ago, when she was first starting in comedy, I liked her, she use to make me laugh! But now she doesn't make me laugh at all, she makes me roll my eyes in disgust! Ughhh!:mad:

How would you like to have her as a guest at one of your shows?

This breaking news just in from Reuters...
EMERYVILLE, California (Reuters) - A stretch of vital highway for San Francisco Bay area commuters collapsed on Sunday after a fuel truck crashed and ignited dramatic flames more than 200 feet high, officials said.
Here's the http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070429/ts_nm/usa_crash_bridge_dc in case you want to look it up.Rosie is one of the nutcases that thinks 9/11 was an inside job and that Building 7 was brought down by explosives set by the US Government. She said, "I do believe that it is the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel." Well, Rosie, look at this bridge collapse in Emeryville. Here's a case where fire melted steel - care to explain this one? Her conspiracy theory in this tanker crash should be good - maybe it was designed to interrupt the California Democratic convention?

One of the common misconceptions of the whole 9/11 conspiracy is that the steel melted. The heat caused the steel to lose integrity. That means it wasn't as strong. It didn't melt. It's more like it crumbled. It's physics.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
.............Rosie is one of the nutcases that thinks 9/11 was an inside job and that Building 7 was brought down by explosives set by the US Government. She said, "I do believe that it is the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel." ...............
The first time I heard her say this I thought to myself....no way, she DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!!! She was on my nerves before this comment - after that I completely lost all respect for her. I really liked her alot too, she was one of my faves, I remember her from her beginnings on Star Search (giving away my age here!) I started noticing a negative change in her the last year or so of her show. Don't know if she got too "famous" or what, but she is pretty much intollerable now.

I agree...perhaps this is why ABC wouldn't agree to her contract terms! One more year of her, and I fear "The View" would not have been renewed. And, yes, I heard her comment that fire melted steel...whatever, Rosie.

Linda, I watched Star Search too - so don't worry about giving your age away, cause I guess I just did too!

Rosie says what's on her mind, and that's not a bad thing, but she's too abrasive, and refuses to listen to others' point of view...and that, I don't agree with. With her it's her way, or the highway...hmmm...I guess for her it's the highway now! Good riddance. (Although I'm sure she'll show up somewhere else.) Argh.

pcchris said:
Okay, that last post of mine seemed indifferent, or uncaring. That's not me. I understand that we are all entitled to our opinions, and that's great. However, when two or more people are opining, and one person oversteps their boundaries because they believe that they are right, and don't care about the other person's opinion...that's wrong. That's what Rosie does, and for that reason, I am glad that she is leaving the show.

(so, basically, my 2 posts are the same, but one's a little gentler.)

Personally, I have no problem with Rosie voicing her opinion. Or Im(a$$) or Howard Stern or any other air bag that is on the public air waves. I just find it very funny when Rosie is critical of Trump being the "moral compass"...when she is such a role model too. (If my mother acted like that in public..let alone in front of millions...I would run away when I was 16 and never look back!!)
We all live in glass houses. Trump is an ass for calling her such names. I may even agree with him, but I am tired of the adjectives of loser, fat, etc. I just am so glad we have developed the technolgy of the remote control so I can flip these idiots off. And I love satallite radio...it doesn't come automatically in any of my radio devices!!!

<h2>1. Why is Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?</h2><p>Rosie O'Donnell has announced that she will be leaving "The View" when her contract expires in June 2021. She stated that she wants to focus on her family and other projects.</p><h2>2. When did Rosie O'Donnell join "The View"?</h2><p>Rosie O'Donnell joined "The View" in September 2006 as a co-host. She left the show in 2007 but returned in 2014 for a second stint as a co-host.</p><h2>3. Will there be a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell on "The View"?</h2><p>At this time, there has been no announcement of a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell. The show's producers have stated that they will take their time in finding the right co-host.</p><h2>4. How do viewers feel about Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?</h2><p>Opinions among viewers vary, with some expressing disappointment at her departure and others expressing relief. Ultimately, it is up to each individual viewer to decide how they feel about Rosie O'Donnell's time on "The View".</p><h2>5. Will you watch "The View" again now that Rosie O'Donnell is leaving?</h2><p>As a company, we do not take a stance on the personal opinions of our customers. We value all of our customers and their individual preferences. We hope that you will continue to tune in to "The View" and enjoy the diverse perspectives and discussions on the show.</p>

1. Why is Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?

Rosie O'Donnell has announced that she will be leaving "The View" when her contract expires in June 2021. She stated that she wants to focus on her family and other projects.

2. When did Rosie O'Donnell join "The View"?

Rosie O'Donnell joined "The View" in September 2006 as a co-host. She left the show in 2007 but returned in 2014 for a second stint as a co-host.

3. Will there be a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell on "The View"?

At this time, there has been no announcement of a replacement for Rosie O'Donnell. The show's producers have stated that they will take their time in finding the right co-host.

4. How do viewers feel about Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View"?

Opinions among viewers vary, with some expressing disappointment at her departure and others expressing relief. Ultimately, it is up to each individual viewer to decide how they feel about Rosie O'Donnell's time on "The View".

5. Will you watch "The View" again now that Rosie O'Donnell is leaving?

As a company, we do not take a stance on the personal opinions of our customers. We value all of our customers and their individual preferences. We hope that you will continue to tune in to "The View" and enjoy the diverse perspectives and discussions on the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies