• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to a Wedding Tomorrow, Need Gift Idea

In summary, the conversation is about how to give a gift to the bride and groom at a wedding. Tomorrow, the speaker is going to a wedding. The speaker is not sure what to do about a gift. The groom's sister hosted a show in November and the speaker is friends with the other sister. The sister mentioned that maybe they would do a PC shower or something for the bride. However, they never mentioned the shower to the speaker after that original time it came up. So now, the speaker is planning to go to Target and get them something they registered for. However, the speaker is also thinking about making a gift certificate for them that they can use at their own discretion. The speaker also thinks about ways to make the gift more
babywings76
Gold Member
Tomorrow (Sat.), I am going to a wedding. I don't know what to do about a gift. I'm friends with the groom's family. His sister hosted a show in Nov. I'm friends with his other sister, and she had mentioned that maybe they would do a PC shower or something for the bride. However, they didn't end up doing that. They never mentioned the shower to me after that original time it came up. So now, here's the wedding. Do I just go to Target and get them something they registered for? Or do I make up a gift certificate for them and include my website info. for them to shop and get what they want through my site? How would I do a GC that way? If they did it as an individual order, doesn't it get processed from HO right away? How could I do it through P3 so I can control it? Or is it tacky for me to promote my business since they didn't do the shower?

bumping for the morning....

I'd make up your own gift certificate, redeemable only through you, and add a catalog, wrap up as your gift! I think there are some gift certificates in the files here. Make it easy so they can just email their choices to you. Why give Target your business?

I'd also put on the card that you thought it would be nicest to let them choose their own gift after they get to open their other gifts and see what else they need.

It is a tough one for me... I mean why give Target your business...but at the same time they registered for certain things that they wanted, and I know I would want stuff I specifically registered for. ( We got some crazy awful stuff as wedding gifts for our wedding and I specifically rememeber looking at my DH and saying " What the heck do you go and register for stuff for , if people are just going to disregard it and buy you stuff like puke green towels with a funky horn tooting dude on them??" LOL... At least get something similar or close to what the registered stuff was!)

So maybe go take a look at their registry with Target and see what kitchen items they wanted and maybe order them something from our line that is similar? Or print out a gift certificate for that specific item?? IDK...

(BTW I know the wedding is tomorrow, but if you order them something it will probaby get here before they get back from the honeymoon and have time to open gifts. Or you can just put in the card that the gift has not come yet and you will drop it off when it arrives. Because ettiqute states you can still give a gift to the bride and groom up to one year after the wedding and still be ok...LOL) HA HA HA

I think money would be best. In this ecomonmy, you never know what their needs may be. If she wants stuff from her registry that she didnt get she will be able to buy it with the money, and if they need the money to pay for something else they will have that option too. Sometimes, money is the best option.

I think I'll make my own GC and put a little note in there about letting them pick anything they want. I'd like to make up a new GC, the ones in the files aren't quite what I'm looking for to give at a wedding. So, I'm trying to find graphics or PC pictures that would look good on it. Any ideas?

Ooh! Yes! Very nice! I forgot about those that she posted, how did I overlook them?! Thanks for the help! :)

Glad I saved you some work! (Well--AnnieB did all the work, I just pointed you in the right direction!) Have fun at the wedding!

1. What is a good gift idea for a wedding?

One popular gift idea for a wedding is a kitchen gadget or cookware from Pampered Chef. Our high-quality products are perfect for newlyweds who are starting their own home and love to cook together.

2. How much should I spend on a wedding gift?

The amount you spend on a wedding gift is completely up to you and your budget. However, a good rule of thumb is to aim for a gift that is equal to the cost of your meal at the wedding. You can also consider splitting the cost of a more expensive gift with a group of friends.

3. Do you have any gift sets specifically for weddings?

Yes, we offer a variety of gift sets that are perfect for weddings. These sets include a combination of our most popular kitchen tools and can be personalized with the couple's names or wedding date for a special touch.

4. Is it okay to give a gift card for a wedding?

While it is always appreciated to receive a gift, some couples prefer to receive a physical gift rather than a gift card. If you know the couple well and are aware of their preferences, a gift card can be a great option. Otherwise, it is best to go with a physical gift.

5. Can I have the gift shipped directly to the couple?

Yes, we offer the option to ship your gift directly to the couple. This is a convenient option if you are unable to attend the wedding or if the couple lives far away. Simply enter their shipping information at checkout and we will take care of the rest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah