• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for the Local Home Show: Check Out My Display Board & Ask Questions!

In summary, a group of individuals were discussing display boards for upcoming events such as local Home Shows and a Chocolate Festival. They shared tips and ideas on how to make the boards stand out, including using bright colors and laminating materials for durability. Suggestions were also made on where to purchase tri-fold boards and how to decorate the back of the board if it will be visible. Overall, the group was impressed with the display board idea and planned to use it in their own events.
whiteyteresa
I am getting ready for my local Home Show this weekend

What do you think about this display board???

Ask any questions

Does it look to busy

I used the lime green paper behind all of the flyers so that they would stand out plus that is real close to this seasons color. I also laminated everything because in the past the flyers really good worn after the three days and I have two more set-up next month.

Thanks

:chef:

Attachments

• Tri Display Board 001.JPG
    Tri Display Board 001.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
I think it looks great!

love the idea, may have to use some of it myself if i ever get any shows did a few shows in jan. had catty shows in feb. and the only march show i had got moved to april, been sending out things and still nothing. i need to find something that will get me some shows. whether it be catty shows or cooking shows. don't have alot of contact info. for now.

It would look even better on a black display board.

I like the green outlines on everything - really makes 'em "pop"

Love this! I have a huge event in April and I was thinking of doing something like this. Hmmmm I like the Black too..... Hmmmmm.....

Thanks for the idea!

I love it! The green does make them "pop"

I never thought about the black and never seen it in black either

If someone would do one in black -- PLEASE post it

I would love to see it

Thank You everyone for you post

Where did you get the tri-fold board? Or did you make it?
I would love to do this for my Chocolate Festival on Saturday.

I got my white one at Staples for only $1.49

It was $4.49 but I used an old ink cart. and lot $3.00 off

~

whiteyteresa said:
I got my white one at Staples for only $1.49

It was $4.49 but I used an old ink cart. and lot $3.00 off

~

So- it's sold just like that? Great! I am off to Staples!

SusanBP0129 said:
Where did you get the tri-fold board? Or did you make it?
I would love to do this for my Chocolate Festival on Saturday.
You can also get them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Walmart - about any craft store or super market (shopping centers like Target, etc) should have the tri-fold boards.

Huh! Who knew? I had no clue. Where have I been? LOL!
Thank you!! :D

Looks awesome - Wanna do my daughters science project board?? LOL -

My Office Max has them in white, blue, black, and I think red.

I like it too! I was thinking of looking for one of these boards for my bridal shower I've got coming up in April. Didn't even think to look at Wal-Mart. I'll have to check out Office Depot when I go back to town next week.

I love it! Did you laminate the pictures? Just wondering as it looks shiny (and great).

Yes - my son bought me a laminater from ABC. It takes a little longer to heat up then I perfer but it works. I thought that the pictures/flyer/poster would look better because the paper would get ripped or worn. I used velcro on the back of them (about 1/2 inch piece on each), so that if any consultant at our local HOME SHOW event, wanted to show the specials closer to a visitor, they could remove it and then replace it also. Plus then I can keep changing the board without making the board bad with tape. I will just have to cover a few areas that have the velcro on it if the flyers/specials are different next time or put a small picture - just a thought, I could print a few pics of our chef's hat logo and velcro them there

One more note. Remember to do something on the back if the back of the display board is going to show. I didn't realize this at first, so I am going to get another board and try to use small pieces of velcro on the two upper corner of the back of each board so that the display doesn't have the "Elmer's" logo on it.

Last edited:
So, did you have the booth already? If so, how did it go?

I love it. I am doing a Bridal Show in April and I am definately going to make a board like that except I will probably keep the Center section focused on Bridal Registries and Wedding Showers. Thanks for the Great Idea!!!

Teresa!
Thank you for this idea. I got one in black and I brought it to the Chocolate Festival that I did on Saturday. I will take a picture and post it later.
I was very happy with it and it drew a lot of attention.
:D

I Love it! I did something similar to a bidal fair but I like your's much better. I think I will have to do this for my vendor fair next weekend.

I think it looks smashing! I also like the idea of doing it in black. You could just put a wider black boarder around everything. Two boarders is even snazzier than one! So you would keep them outlined in the lime green boarder that you did, and then have like a 1 1/2 black boarder around everything, too. THat is, if you didn't want to do it on an all black background.

edited, because once again my fingers work faster than my brain!

Here's how the black came out:
DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

Last edited:
looks great, I have a spring fling event coming up at a school and I am going to use your idea :)
Would black be too much??

oh, the black does look nice :)

I am a scrapbooker and craft person too, so maybe some nice colored or patterned paper and using the computer for the wording ( May, June ETC...) would also look nice. I think the board looks great the way it is too and I will definately be using your idea, Thanks so much :)

pamperedbecky said:

My director got me involved with our Local 'Home Show' event 3 years ago.

pamperedbecky said:

My director got me involved with our Local 'Home Show' event 3 years ago.

For me it didn't go, the other consultants borrowed my stuff for Friday, Saturday and Sunday (I worked Saturday and Sunday evenings) I really wasn't into this year, my daughter had surgery on Friday and then was released on Saturday afternoon and my thoughts were with her. I did get two leads. I did call them yesterday but no answer yet.

These are both really nice. :D

I just found this pic and it looks awesome!! My question is if you only have 1 table to display at a booth is this too large and take up a lot of space? Is it a better to display on a separate table with catelogs, flyers etc?

Looks great to me--very well balanced!

Related to Get Ready for the Local Home Show: Check Out My Display Board & Ask Questions!

What do you think about this display board???

As a Pampered Chef representative, I believe that your display board is eye-catching and well-organized. The use of the lime green paper adds a pop of color and the lamination will ensure the flyers stay in good condition throughout the entire Home Show.

Ask any questions

Feel free to ask me any questions about the products or the company. I am here to help and provide information to make your shopping experience at the Home Show a great one.

Does it look too busy?

I don't believe so. Your display board is well-balanced and not cluttered, which makes it easy for customers to see and read the information. The use of different colors and textures also adds visual interest without being overwhelming.

I used the lime green paper behind all of the flyers so that they would stand out plus that is real close to this season's color. I also laminated everything because in the past the flyers really got worn after the three days and I have two more set-up next month. Thanks

That sounds like a great idea! Using the season's color is a smart way to tie in your display with current trends. And laminating the flyers will definitely make them last longer, especially with multiple Home Shows coming up. Great job planning ahead!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cewcooks
Replies