• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser- How Do I Feed a Crowd?

In summary, Kristy is planning to have a fundraiser with finger foods that are easy to eat and sell. She is preparing the food ahead of time and selling it.
lisanski
I have just booked my first fundraiser and would like to know if anyone has any ideas for inexpensive recipies that would serve a crowd. The chairperson putting this all together does not know how many people in the community will respond. How on earth do I plan for such an event?

Don't plan of feeding a crowd. Do a demo that doesn't require everyone to eat and if you want food...have something else made up ahead of time.

If you are doing a fundraiser for a smaller group of people (20 or so), make the 10 minute microwave cake and serve small pieces. It is an easy demo and shows great products.

You could also make one of the pizzas....Garden Ranch or another one similar to that. The crust could be made ahead of time and you could demo products to put on top.

You could also make a large cookie pizza....like the fruited pizza. That is an easy demo and the cookie could be made ahead of time.

All the recipes could be cut into tiny pieces if you have over 20 people.

The thing you need to remember is that you are not trying to fill everyone up...just give them a small taste.

Personally, I wouldn't try to feed the entire crowd. Depending on the type of fundraiser. You could have a coule of simple recipes made ahead of time for people to sample; however, your main demonstration you could give as a doorprize.

PamperedGinger said:
Don't plan of feeding a crowd. Do a demo that doesn't require everyone to eat and if you want food...have something else made up ahead of time.

If you are doing a fundraiser for a smaller group of people (20 or so), make the 10 minute microwave cake and serve small pieces. It is an easy demo and shows great products.

You could also make one of the pizzas....Garden Ranch or another one similar to that. The crust could be made ahead of time and you could demo products to put on top.

You could also make a large cookie pizza....like the fruited pizza. That is an easy demo and the cookie could be made ahead of time.

The thing you need to remember is that you are not trying to fill everyone up...just give them a small taste.

What is the 10 minute microwave cake ???

For my fundraiser, I made Mini Ham Puffs and Pecan Tassies. I made double batches of each. My host expected around 40 people, so we thought that is everyone had one of each thing that we made, that would work well. I would try to have the show at 2:00 or so, so it's between lunch and dinner. That way, they won't expect a whole meal from you.
I actually found that preparing a dish during the show wasn't necessary. With the women who came, it would have been better to just literally sit around in a circle and talk about all of the pieces that I brought. I think I will do that for my next fundraisers (1 in May and 2 in June). A lot of the women had PC stuff and they really wanted to share what they had and how they use them. I think doing that, allowing the guests to sell the tools, is easier and better than cooking something. Only in a fundraiser, though.
Kristy

THe 10 minute Microwave Cake easy!
Take any cake mix, mix it up to the specs on the box and pour it into the Micro Rice Cooker. Cook it without the lid on for 10 minutes. I did that at my fundraiser and sold 3 of the Rice Cookers.
Kristy

Fundraiser for 100.....I am doing a fundraiser for a friend with cancer in April, and we are expecting at LEAST 100 people to be in attendance. I am ordering the Fiesta Seasoning Sets and the Farmers Market Sets from Supply Order and making Profiterole Puffs (ahead of time and freezing them) So there will be Chips W/ Salsa &Guac. and veggies and crackers with dip, and the puffs - all finger foods to snack on. I will just talk for about 15 minutes - explain the fundraiser (hoping everyone will want to take a packet and collect outside orders!) and talk about the "Big 3" sets - Cookware, Stoneware, and SA! and than let people wander and browse and shop. I do have several people (other friends of my friend with cancer) who have asked to help - so they will be helping keep food replenished, and taking orders - I will focus on booking shows and handing out packets, and answering product questions.

Good Luck & have fun!

Becky Deemter
[email protected]
/cookinwithbecky

PamperedGinger said:

Ginger, do you have the fruited pizza recipe please?

ChefBeckyD said:
I am doing a fundraiser for a friend with cancer in April, and we are expecting at LEAST 100 people to be in attendance. I am ordering the Fiesta Seasoning Sets and the Farmers Market Sets from Supply Order and making Profiterole Puffs (ahead of time and freezing them) So there will be Chips W/ Salsa &Guac. and veggies and crackers with dip, and the puffs - all finger foods to snack on. I will just talk for about 15 minutes - explain the fundraiser (hoping everyone will want to take a packet and collect outside orders!) and talk about the "Big 3" sets - Cookware, Stoneware, and SA! and than let people wander and browse and shop. I do have several people (other friends of my friend with cancer) who have asked to help - so they will be helping keep food replenished, and taking orders - I will focus on booking shows and handing out packets, and answering product questions.

Good Luck & have fun!

Becky Deemter
[email protected]
/cookinwithbecky

Becky are you freezing the puffs before or after you fill them?

1. How do I determine the amount of food needed for a large group?

When planning for a crowd, a good rule of thumb is to estimate 1 pound of food per person. However, this may vary depending on the type of event and the types of dishes being served. It's always a good idea to have a little extra, just in case.

2. What types of dishes work well for feeding a large group?

Casseroles, slow cooker meals, and one-pot dishes are great options for feeding a crowd. These dishes can be easily made in large quantities and can be kept warm for extended periods of time. Salads, sandwiches, and finger foods are also good choices for large groups.

3. How can I make sure I have enough variety for different dietary restrictions?

Consider offering a variety of dishes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. You can also ask guests to indicate their dietary restrictions when RSVPing so you can plan accordingly.

4. How can I save time when preparing food for a large group?

Prep work is key when cooking for a crowd. Chop vegetables, measure out ingredients, and marinate meats ahead of time to save time on the day of the event. You can also enlist the help of friends and family to assist with food preparation.

5. What are some tips for keeping food warm during a large event?

Invest in chafing dishes or slow cookers to keep hot dishes warm. You can also prepare dishes that can be served at room temperature, such as salads and cold appetizers. If possible, try to set up a designated area for guests to serve themselves, rather than having to constantly reheat and serve food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• proudmama02
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedDebbie
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Roadtripray