• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frozen Coolwhip -Vs- the Stuff in the Can

In summary, Frozen Coolwhip and the stuff in the can are two types of whipped toppings with different textures and consistencies. Frozen Coolwhip needs to be thawed before use, while the stuff in the can is dispensed from a can. Both can be used for baking and desserts, but Frozen Coolwhip is preferred for its stability. The stuff in the can should not be frozen and is best used immediately after opening. Frozen Coolwhip can last for up to 6 months in the freezer if stored properly. They can be substituted for each other in recipes, but the results may vary slightly. It is recommended to follow the recipe as written for best results.
chefmel
If I'm rushing and dont have time to thaw the coolwhip -- can I substitute the whipped cream in a can when making the cool & creamy chocolate fondue? (Sorry, I was such a non-cook before joining PC and I'm still fairly new at this!)

I would think not because the stuff out of the can is a different consistency and also melts quicker. Cool whip also has a different taste than the stuff in the can. Sometimes the stuff in the can doesn't have the sugar added.

ok thanks... It's jsut that I have to drive about 90 minutes to a show and didn't want the already thawed out coolwip to melt even more on my way there.. wonder if it would be OK in an ice chest.

It should be fine in an ice chest. How long is the drive there? Or if you're going to show an hour early, throw it in the hosts fridge?

Maybe ask the host to purchase whipped cream for you and have it thawed in the refridgerator when you get there....you are making quite a drive to do her show ;) Just tell her you are afraid how the whipped cream may end up after a 90 minute drive! :p

I think I'll maybe only thaw it for 2 1/2 hours in the fridge (it says to do 4 ) and then put it in the ice chest for the drive.. as I already have other items I'm puttingin the ice chest anyways. Since it probably won't be completely thawed out when I leave, it should be ok for the 90 minutes it takes to get there.

What is the difference between Frozen Coolwhip and the stuff in the can?

The main difference between Frozen Coolwhip and the stuff in the can is their texture and consistency. Frozen Coolwhip is a whipped topping that comes frozen and needs to be thawed before use, while the stuff in the can is a pre-made whipped cream that is dispensed from a can.

Which one is better for baking and desserts?

Both Frozen Coolwhip and the stuff in the can can be used for baking and desserts, but Frozen Coolwhip is often preferred for its stability and ability to hold its shape when used as a topping or filling.

Can I freeze the stuff in the can?

No, the stuff in the can is not meant to be frozen and will not hold its texture or consistency if frozen. It is best to use it immediately after opening.

How long can Frozen Coolwhip last in the freezer?

Frozen Coolwhip can last for up to 6 months in the freezer if stored properly in an airtight container. It is important to thaw it in the refrigerator before use.

Can I substitute one for the other in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute Frozen Coolwhip for the stuff in the can in most recipes, but be aware that the texture and consistency may be slightly different. It is always best to follow the recipe as written for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies