• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

(Frg Fundraisers) for Military

. Unfortunately, the leader in my unit ended up stealing money from the FRG and it was a total disaster.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I know I can't be the only military spouse out here..

If anyone has ever done a fundraiser for the FRG ( Family Readiness Group) in the Military, I would love to hear:
1. How you did it..
2. Was it a success?

Thanks!

Hi Heather,

This gets into weird territory with JAG. It all has to do with official organizations versus private ones, what qualifies as on-base solicitation, and competing with AAFES (reallly)....and who, if anyone, wants to make an issue of it.

The irony is that JAG can't legally advise you in your capacity as a consultant. (It's considered free legal advice to a private business and therefore 'unauthorized'....can you tell I've been down this road?) On the other hand, someone other than you from the FRG could ask what leeway they have with fundraisers and receiving donations.

A lot happens 'below the radar' and there are almost always 'work-arounds.' A private off-base group such as "Friends of the xxx FRG" may be able to sponsor the fundraiser and then make a private donation (though again there may be some legal technicalities on what type of groups the FRG can receive donations from).

I hope this helps (and not discourages!). I know there are some other 'military' gals on this forum...they may be willing to share additional insights.

On a completely separate note, you may want to check with your local school system/PTA to see what their policies are on fundraisers.

Last edited:
I was told by my FRG that we are not allowed to do fundraisers for the FRG, we are only able to raise money for a specific cause....for example, we could have a car wash to raise money to pay for postage to send care packages to our soldiers or for a welcome home party for them. I don't know if there are different rules for different branches, but mine is National Guard.

Wow...when I was still married to my ex (he's Army), our FRG did a PC fundraiser to raise money for the coming home banquet (it never did happen) when the guys were in Iraq. We were never told that we couldn't do it, and even had the chain of command's approval. It went pretty decent, unfortunately the girl who was our leader and had total control of the money ended up stealing something like half of it to pay her bills. I just did a big open house at my house and people came and went as they pleased. I think it was somewhere around $1000, so not too shabby.

Heather....based on Elizabeth's email, it sounds worth trying. They can only no...or maybe yes. :)

true..Well, I'll keep this 'on the bottom' of my list...RIght now I'm going to seek avenues that aren't completely UPHILL battles..LOL

I've been out of the FRG loop for a while due to hubby's new job, but we were always told if you are raising money among yourself (only the FRG members could buy) then any fundraiser was ok. If you went out side the unit/FRG for orders (like had the entire neighborhood or post buying) then it was against regulations.

I do think the different branches have different regs...we were token Army on an Air Force base and their rules were vastly different. Bottom line, the FRG leader is the best point of contact - she/he should know the rules and if not they go to JAG for clarification

Related to (Frg Fundraisers) for Military

What is the "(Frg Fundraisers) for Military" program?

The "(Frg Fundraisers) for Military" program is a partnership between Pampered Chef and the Family Readiness Group (FRG) of military units. It allows FRGs to host fundraisers featuring Pampered Chef products in order to raise money for their unit's needs.

How does the "(Frg Fundraisers) for Military" program work?

The FRG leader or designated representative will work with a Pampered Chef consultant to plan and host a fundraiser. The consultant will provide all necessary materials and support, and a portion of the sales will be donated back to the FRG.

Who can participate in the "(Frg Fundraisers) for Military" program?

Any military unit with a recognized Family Readiness Group can participate in the program. This includes all branches of the military.

What are the benefits of hosting a "(Frg Fundraisers) for Military" fundraiser?

Aside from raising funds for the unit, hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef can also bring members of the FRG together for a fun and social event. Plus, the products are high-quality and useful, making them easy to sell.

Is there a cost to participate in the "(Frg Fundraisers) for Military" program?

No, there is no cost to participate in the program. Pampered Chef provides all necessary materials and support for the fundraiser. The only cost to the FRG is the initial purchase of products, which will be reimbursed through the fundraiser sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abrahamlaur
  • shawnadel