• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose That Offer Cash & Carry....

In summary, the conversation was about selling items at a discounted price, specifically through cash and carry or at shows. The speaker mentioned rounding prices for convenience and also charging 20% off the catalog price for extra items. They also discussed the idea of having a sale featuring demo items and giving away items to family members. There was a mention of the importance of clarifying that the warranty does not transfer when reselling items.
yummy4tummy
...do you tack on the shipping and/or taxes?:confused:

Normally, my cash and carry items (don't do them often) are items that we can get on a supply order, so I just round them to the nearest dollar or something to make it easy to make change:

SB $1
QCPknife 2/$3
Bamboo tongs $2
etc.

If I was selling larger items, I would probably choose a price and round to the nearest dollar...remind them there's no warranty on cash/carry items.

Since I am buying stuff at a discount I just charge the price listed in the catalog. it is plenty to cover the shipping & tax I paid. People really like it.

I don't do "cash & carry" at booths any more. I have a couple times in the past - only discontinued items but had to carry much of it back home so I decided it was not worth the effort. It was too much to carry, I would probably not have what someone wanted and besides I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that we need to have inventory.

I NEVER do "cash & carry" at a show. That kind of thing would take away from the host's sales at a show (even if they were discontinued items).

I do have a lot of extras and if someone wants something that I have I charge 20% off the catalog price (unless they are a close friend or relative - they only pay what I did at the most - most gifts that I give are PC). I feel that averages things out since I get some of them for less than that and other things were purchased at full price and then there's the shipping and tax that I paid. Also, more times than not if I'm mailing the item I figure low on the shipping (internet estimates are often lower than actual cost). I am sure that I am making nothing on those items on average. I only try not to lose money in the long run. I don't advertize this though - I would rather sell from the catalog any day but if someone asks and I happen to have it...

I am thinking of having a sale featuring demo items at like 50% off... and my kids all have gotten tons of my stuff when a new season changes things! - They're getting my 5 year old Professional Cookware now!

NOTE: If you resell anything you need to be sure they understand that the warranty does not transfer!

Last edited:

Related to forThose That Offer Cash & Carry....

1. What products are available for Cash & Carry purchase?

Our Cash & Carry selection includes a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. You can also find exclusive sets and limited-time offers at our Cash & Carry events.

2. How can I pay for my Cash & Carry purchase?

We accept cash, credit/debit cards, and personal checks as forms of payment for our Cash & Carry products. Please note that we do not accept Pampered Chef gift cards or gift certificates for these purchases.

3. Can I place a Cash & Carry order online?

No, Cash & Carry purchases can only be made in person at our events. However, you can browse our products online beforehand to get an idea of what will be available at the event.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions for Cash & Carry purchases?

Yes, we offer exclusive discounts and promotions for our Cash & Carry customers. These may include discounted prices on select products or special offers on purchases over a certain amount. Be sure to check our event details for any current promotions.

5. Can I return or exchange a Cash & Carry purchase?

Unfortunately, all Cash & Carry sales are final and cannot be returned or exchanged. However, our products come with a satisfaction guarantee, so if you have any issues with your purchase, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • chefjwr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies