• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax on DCB Bundles: Who Pays? Free Shipping Too!

In summary, when you sell a DCB bundle, who pays tax on the guest's free gift - you or them? The guest pays the tax and shipping on their free gift.
taterbug
When you sell a DCB bundle, who pays tax on the guest's free gift - you or them? For example, if your bundle comes with the "free" pocket thermometer, do you pay for the thermometer, plus tax or go ahead and charge them the tax?
Also, for those who offer free shipping, do you pay the tax on the shipping or does your guest?

I would just pay for the pocket thermometor. Then have them pay tax and shipping.
By the way my daughters nickname is tatorbugs

Jennie4PC said:
By the way my daughters nickname is tatorbugs
Taterbug is my son's nickname. When he was born that is what my mom and dad started calling him - I don't know why or where it came from, but that is what stuck.

Totally unrelated to your post, but my son's nickname is Taeterbug as well! His name is Taeton, which we shorten down to Tae. Tae morphed into Taeter and then Taeterbug. He was a Sweet "Tae"ter for Halloween! Sry for Hijacking, I too am interested in the answer to this!

My friends son is Nathaniel and we always called him Naterbug! Not at all the point of this post but there it is still the same.

I would have them pay tax and shipping on everything and pay for the thermometer myself.

I have them pay all applicable sales taxes. When I put their bundle in and then (in P3) click payments, I enter "Consultant Gift" of $4.25 for the free shipping. Then, the guest knows how much her total is (plus it includes all the taxes).

I should probably tell you: I take my laptop with me to Shows so no one has to write their credit card numbers on their order form (P3 encrypts it in front of them as they watch; I even explain "this way, no one can steal your cc info!") and they can check that I entered their contact info correctly "for warranty purposes" (and so I have correct and complete contact info!).

Do their total like you normally would, then subtract $4.25 shipping from the Grand Total.

I personally would figure their total on the order with out the free gift. When I enter it into P3, I would enter their payment, then add the free item, and then on the payment page, add in a consultant gift for the difference. All that to say, I pay for the item and the tax. When I offer free shipping, I pay for shipping and tax on shipping. However, if the reason I am offering free shipping is to get a booking, I offer to refund the cost of their shipping when their show closes. So they don't book just to get free shipping and then become a MIA booking.

I just offered free shipping on any order over $99 at my first party and wouldn't you know it, someone asked, "Why am I paying the tax on shipping if you're saying it's free?" Try to be nice and they still make things difficult. Ughh...never easy.

The reason they are paying the tax is that the free shipping is a gift from you, NOT The Pampered Chef. And Uncle Sam does not give you a break on that tax.

Well, I'm with Holly!!!!
FREE is FREE..if you are going to give a gift, it should be free...When PC offeres FREE reward products, it's completely FREE, hosts don't pay the tax on it..IT'S FREE
Think about it!

What is the tax on DCB bundles?

The tax on DCB bundles varies depending on the state in which the purchase is made. Sales tax is typically applied to the full amount of the purchase, including any discounts or promotions.

Who is responsible for paying the tax on DCB bundles?

The customer is responsible for paying the tax on DCB bundles. This tax is added to the total cost of the purchase at the time of checkout.

Are DCB bundles eligible for free shipping?

Yes, DCB bundles are eligible for free shipping. Pampered Chef offers free standard shipping on orders over $200. Any applicable taxes will still be applied to the purchase price.

Do I have to pay tax on the full price of a DCB bundle, even if I used a discount code?

Yes, sales tax is applied to the full price of the DCB bundle, regardless of any discounts or promotions used. The tax is based on the total cost of the purchase at the time of checkout.

Is the tax on DCB bundles refundable?

No, the tax on DCB bundles is not refundable. Once the purchase is complete, the sales tax is considered a final cost and is not eligible for a refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Usafwife10
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pcheftammy