• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You Doing Giveaways on Your Fb Pages

In summary, Facebook Promotion Guidelines say that if you want to do a giveaway or draw, you need to use an app. The apps are not very easy to use and they cost money.
NooraK
Gold Member
I saw this today. I have to admit, I did not know there were any rules about stuff like this at all. I haven't done a giveaway yet, but based on this, I don't know if I will.Facebook Promotion Guidelines

Thanks, Noora. I hadn't seen this before. I think I'm safe with the little things I do occasionally. But, it's good to know the rules. I'm keeping a copy so I can double-check before I do another giveaway.

I just forwarded that to another friend (not PC) and it's a good thing I did!

I think it's way too complicated for my pea brain to figure ot--think I'll go have a cookie.

Nanisu said:
I think it's way too complicated for my pea brain to figure ot--think I'll go have a cookie.

Good plan.

Basically, it says that if you want to have a drawing/giveaway/sweepstakes, you have to use an app. You can't just post on your wall "Comment here to win" or "I'll pull from all fans."

Now, how easy those apps are to use? I don't know.

Not only are they NOT very easy to use, they also cost money. I don't know how much because I couldn't figure out how to get that far. No thanks.

It doesn't look like the Facebook Platform costs money BUT it does look confusing to use AND I don't think we can do it with our PWS's because we don't have the ability to alter the html.

I know several small business owners or other direct sales consultants that run promotions all the time that would violate these rules. I wonder how much they truly monitor this sort of thing.

From the way I read it, you can announce a contest on your page. You just can't run it through your page. So, you can say, "Let me know your favorite PC tool and you'll be entered into a drawing." What you can't do is say, "Post your favorite PC tool on my wall." The first way they could call, email, etc.

Last edited:
If you want to run a sweepstakes on FB you need to use the sweeps for facebook application. Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=28134323652

I would not mess around with your own sweepstakes with or without PC as FaceBook will shut you down without any notice.

Wow... $5 + $0.99 per day.

Hm, that's good to know. I'll have to read about the apps and the proper way to do a giveaway.

Related to forThose of You Doing Giveaways on Your Fb Pages

What are the benefits of doing giveaways on my Facebook page?

Giveaways on your Facebook page can help increase engagement and reach, attract new followers, and promote your products or services. They can also create a sense of excitement and loyalty among your current followers.

How do I ensure that my giveaway is fair and transparent?

To make sure your giveaway is fair and transparent, clearly outline the rules and eligibility criteria, use a random selection method to choose the winner, and publicly announce the winner. You can also consider using a third-party app or tool to run your giveaway.

What types of prizes should I offer for my giveaway?

The type of prize you offer for your giveaway will depend on your target audience and the goals of your giveaway. Some popular options include your own products or services, gift cards, or branded merchandise. Make sure the prize is relevant and valuable to your followers.

How can I promote my giveaway to reach a larger audience?

To reach a larger audience, you can promote your giveaway through paid advertising on Facebook, collaborate with other businesses or influencers, and utilize relevant hashtags and tags. You can also encourage your followers to share the giveaway with their friends and family.

Are there any legal considerations I should be aware of when doing giveaways on my Facebook page?

Yes, there are some legal considerations to keep in mind when running giveaways on Facebook. These may include complying with Facebook's promotion guidelines, including any necessary disclaimers, and ensuring that your giveaway follows all applicable laws and regulations. It's recommended to consult a legal professional for specific advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • NooraK