• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

? for Ann About Bread Ring W/ Pizza Dip.....

In summary, Ann shared a recipe for a Hot Pizza Dip that can be made with either toasts or bread. She recommends microwaving the dip for demonstration purposes. The recipe is easy to follow and will be a hit at any event.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Ann,
I love the idea of the bread ring w/ the Pizza Dip = how long do you bake the whole thing?

Hi, Becky.
I don't remember exactly how long it has to bake. I think the dip calls for about 10-15 minutes, and a loaf of bread is usually around 50-60 minutes. But because this bread isn't one big mass like a loaf AND the stoneware baker in the middle will help transfer some heat, try 30 minutes and go from there. You can always leave it in a few more minutes if the bread still feels really doughy.I'm sorry that I'm not much help. :(

Okay, so my interest is now peaked! Will you please post the entire recipe? Thanks!

Linda,

Make the Hot Pizza Dip (All the Best cookbook), but instead of using toasts as dippers, make bread. Use 2 loaves of frozen bread dough, thawed. The best way to do that is take them out of the freezer in the morning and put them each into a separate 1-gal plastic bag that's been sprayed with a little oil. When you get to your show in the evening, they'll be thawed and even risen.:) Cut each loaf lengthwise into 3 strips, leaving them connected on one end. Braid. Pull the ends if each braid to lengthen it, and place them on the large round stone (near the edge) to form a wreath. Brush with a little melted butter (with garlic in it, if you want), then sprinkle with a little Italian Seasoning and grated parmesan. For an extra festive wreath, top with pepperoni or bell pepper rounds like ornaments. Place the DDB with the dip into the center of the wreath. Pop the whole thing into the oven.

As I mentioned above, I'm not sure exactly how long, but it's longer than the dip by itself takes.

This is a great, easy recipe that really makes for a good presentation on an appetizer table. I'm offering it as a "I only do this in December" recipe to get bookings.

How festive, I love this! Thanks.

I like it because it's a hot dip with hot dippers, and everything goes into the oven at once. And who doesn't like warm bread? Plus, the frozen bread loaves are pretty inexpensive - usually around $1 each when you purchase the bag with 5. And sometimes you can find whole-wheat, so you can use that or 1 loaf white and 1 loaf whole wheat. :)

Another questionHey Ann,

I want to do this at my show this weekend, but I'm a little leery because of the baking time. I was thinking that I'd do the wreath when I get there and get it in the oven. While it's baking (and everyone is smelling it.....) I'll do the dip as my demo and cook that part in the microwave. I'm hoping that I can fit the baker inside the wreath after it is baked. Have you ever done it this way? Does the bread rise a lot - oh and speaking about rising, after you braid the dough do you have to let it rise again? Thanks, I'm just concerned about the timing.

You don't have to let the dough rise again. It's actually better as a dipper when the dough is a little dense.Because the dough does get bigger as it's baking, it can be a little difficult to fit the baker into the center. But you could always cut the wreath in half, separate the two halves, put the baker down, and push them back together against the baker. Make sense? Doing the dip in the micro is a great idea to show that stoneware is microwave safe!

I actually read the instructions on the bread package and it calls for a baking time of @ 20-25 mins so I think I'll be okay. I'm going to practice the bread part for tonight's dinner (just to see how my braid looks!) I'm doing a show on Sunday afternoon for a bunch of NASCAR fans and I thought this would be a great appetizer for them to make on race day. I'll let you know how it turns out.

mmm.... that would be a great "any sports event" appetizer.
Let me know how it goes for you!

This sounds yummy, I am going to have to give it a try. One question though, are you placing the baker on TOP of the round stone then putting it into the oven to cook?

Tracy

Yep. I know, it goes against what HO says in the use and care, but my extended cluster has been doing this for years and noone's had a problem.

Huge Hit!!!Hey Ann,

I made this at my show yesterday and everyone LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe tip with us!

Linda

Do you have to punch down the dough before braiding?

Here is another one of those great Holiday recipes that needs to be revisited this year! I have a couple shows in November that this will be perfect for!

I made this at several shows last year and it was always a hit!

Do you think it would work with the french loaf dough in the Pillsbury tube?

dianevill said:
Do you think it would work with the french loaf dough in the Pillsbury tube?
you wouldn't be able to braid it........but you could probably still do it.

Why wouldn't you be able to braid it? Too soft maybe?

dianevill said:
Why wouldn't you be able to braid it? Too soft maybe?

I was just thinking it would be hard to cut it into 3 strips for braiding. It is actually a flat piece of dough rolled up in a can, and when you try to cut it into 3 strips it would have a tendency to fall apart....or at least bake apart. Does that make sense?

I think this will be an excellent recipe to have already made for my Homemade for the Holidays shows. They can eat this while they make the pretzel wreaths. Thanks for finding this one again or us Becky. I'd forgotten all about this one!!

chefruthie said:
I think this will be an excellent recipe to have already made for my Homemade for the Holidays shows. They can eat this while they make the pretzel wreaths. Thanks for finding this one again or us Becky. I'd forgotten all about this one!!

Actually - Linda posted a link to it on another thread.....I just thought it deserved it's own place in active threads again!:thumbup:

I have a couple hosts that I know are going to love this idea!

I think I will spray the top of the bread with our garlic canola oil and then sprinkle with our italian seasoning. Since the dip is already red, I'll put diced green peppers on top of it and it will look festive too!! I think I'm going to try to do this for our cluster meeting tonight, YUM! :)
I only have the french loaf here, so I'll try to braid those and see how it turns out.....will let you all know.

Isn't it funny how we always run to Ann when we need help! You're the best Ann!:thumbup: ;) :D :love:

That is a good idea to try the Pillsbury bread - I forget to take stuff out of the freezer lots of times!
Maybe smash it flat so it's not so round, and cut it into the 3 strips with kitchen shears or the pizza cutter dipped in flour?

Now I have to make this for dinner tomorrow night. I was thinking I'd try it with green pepper, pepperoni and red pepper. I just want more vegetables at my dinner table. I'm going to have to serve more meat with dinner though. My husband is such a meat eater. I hope it works out because I've been trying to decide what to make for my November shows.

I made the bread ring/braid tonight. It didn't really work out. It tasted good, but it was just huge and started falling off the round stone. Maybe I need to re-read the way to make it. I used two loaves of frozen bread dough (thawed and raised first, of course.) I put the DDB in the middle of the stone with the pizza dip inside. Where are the peppers and pepperoni supposed to go? On the bread or on top of the dip? I think I could have used the Mini-Baker. Is that what I should have used? The dip was so thin. I was quite tired last night when I read this, so maybe I missed some details or just don't understand.

JAE said:
I made the bread ring/braid tonight. It didn't really work out. It tasted good, but it was just huge and started falling off the round stone. Maybe I need to re-read the way to make it. I used two loaves of frozen bread dough (thawed and raised first, of course.) I put the DDB in the middle of the stone with the pizza dip inside. Where are the peppers and pepperoni supposed to go? On the bread or on top of the dip? I think I could have used the Mini-Baker. Is that what I should have used? The dip was so thin. I was quite tired last night when I read this, so maybe I missed some details or just don't understand.

Jill - use the mini-baker! (the recipe for the dip is in the All The Best cookbook) I've never made it with peppers and pepperoni, but if I did, I would chop them up fine and make them an extra layer in the dip.

What you should do is make the pepperoni pizza twist and dip that in the pizza dip...YUMMO!

Bummer! I don't have the mini. I have the old, plain mini baker. I didn't look at the recipe close enough because Ann's post said DDB. I should really get to bed at a decent time tonight. Mini baker makes sense after the fact.

JAE said:
Bummer! I don't have the mini. I have the old, plain mini baker. I didn't look at the recipe close enough because Ann's post said DDB. I should really get to bed at a decent time tonight. Mini baker makes sense after the fact.

Well then double the recipe and have leftovers! :)

The round baker is about double the mini baker. I make the crab rangoon dip in the round baker and double the recipe and it turns out perfectly.

janetupnorth said:
Well then double the recipe and have leftovers! :)

The round baker is about double the mini baker. I make the crab rangoon dip in the round baker and double the recipe and it turns out perfectly.
The only problem is that when you double it and use the ddb, it doesn't leave room for the bread around it.

JAE - I have 2 mini bakers - you could indefinitely borrow one!:D

I was thinking of putting them in the oven separately because I was still on my thought of making the Pepperoni Pizza Twist with them. :)

janetupnorth said:
I was thinking of putting them in the oven separately because I was still on my thought of making the Pepperoni Pizza Twist with them. :)

Gotcha! We love the Pepperoni Pizza Twist! Rick can eat a whole one by himself.:yuck:

chefruthie said:
I think I will spray the top of the bread with our garlic canola oil and then sprinkle with our italian seasoning. Since the dip is already red, I'll put diced green peppers on top of it and it will look festive too!! I think I'm going to try to do this for our cluster meeting tonight, YUM! :)
I only have the french loaf here, so I'll try to braid those and see how it turns out.....will let you all know.

So Ruthie, how did the french loaf turn out?

I want to know too

~

Oops- I'm sorry, Jill, that my recipe said DDB. When I double the dip, I make it in the DDB, but then there's not enough room on the stone for the bread.I put peppers, etc. as an extra layer in the dip, and a few on top of the bread to make it look like a Christmas wreath.

I sent Ann an e-mail. Not your fault. It was still good and I won't make that mistake again!:)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • pamperedlinda