• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!

In summary, meditation is the practice of focusing on God or anything else that is calming. People do this in order to relieve stress or to get a better understanding of themselves. Some people find it hard to focus, but with practice it can become easier.
DebPC
Staff member
Twice a year in March and September we have a FoodFest meeting.Twice a year in March and September we have a FoodFest meeting. Everyone brings a dish from the new catalog, Seasons Best, or even just a dish they plan to make at their shows that month. We have someone be the coordinator so we don't end up with too many desserts or duplicate dishes.
We have a shortened meeting and then taste all the dishes. While we're eating everyone announces their dish and gives a quick review. How easy or hard was the recipe, any improvements or shortcuts they'd make, and would they make it at a show. These are our highest attended meetings and everyone leaves excited about the products used and the new recipes available for that season.

MeditationDoes anyone practice meditation? Does it help much? I've thought about taking some classes.

I would love some help on this topic, too. Whenever I try, my mind wanders to what I need to do instead of letting things go.

I practice meditation. My meditation consists of putting on Praise and Worship music, sitting in a quiet room...sometimes in a hot bath...and thinking about the Lord, praying, and talking and singing to the Lord. That is probably not what you had in mind, but it works. If I have had a really bad day, I go to the church and play the music loud as I spend time in meditation and worship. I feel 100% better when I am finished.

shawnna said:
I practice meditation. My meditation consists of putting on Praise and Worship music, sitting in a quiet room

I think finding a quiet room is hard for me. I live in a fairly small apt downtown in a city, so there are always noises.

I don't listen to soft music or I can hear everything my kids are doing...and every noise from outside. I play it a little louder than I normally would and it helps drown out the distractions. Finding a quiet place can be hard. Today's world is full of distractions. My hardest thing is that I keep thinking of things I could be doing...laundry, business stuff, sleeping, etc.

I do allow myself to take naps when I am tired and I don't feel like I am neglecting my "duties". However, meditation is something I haven't allowed myself to do without feeling guilty. I wonder if that is why it doesn't work yet for me.

I used to do yoga and loved it but haven't done it in awhile due to schedule conflicts. :(

I took a yaga class one time and started crying for what seemed like no reason. It was so weird. Then when I was running a marathon once (and only once) we went by a water stop that was playing some funky music like the music in the yoga class. My friend and I both were getting choked up but didn't tell each other until later. That was so weird.
No, I don't practice "meditation". I sometimes "meditate" on scripture. When I'm having an issue I find a verse that speaks to me and write it down on a card to look at and read over and over throughout the day.

I love yoga. I have a couple of DVDs that I can use, but I keep forgetting about them!

I took a yoga class when I was pregnant with my oldest DD.......I fell asleep.

I have a hard time focusing when I try to do this. It seems like I'll just start thinking of other things & can't get back to relaxing. :(

May meditation is praying to God.

Related to FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!

What is FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!?

FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season! is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef to showcase the best seasonal recipes and products. It is a fun and interactive way for customers to try out new recipes and learn about the latest Pampered Chef products.

When and where is FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season! held?

FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season! is typically held in the fall at various locations across the country. The exact dates and locations can be found on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

How can I attend FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!?

Attendance at FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season! is by invitation only. Invitations are typically sent out to customers who have purchased Pampered Chef products in the past or to those who have expressed interest in attending the event.

What can I expect at FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!?

At FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!, you can expect to sample delicious seasonal recipes made with Pampered Chef products, learn cooking tips and techniques from our expert consultants, and have the opportunity to purchase new products at a discounted price.

Is there a cost to attend FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season!?

There is no cost to attend FoodFest: Tasting the Best of the Season! However, some locations may require a small fee for parking. You may also choose to purchase any products that you try and love at the event, but there is no obligation to do so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Carol Lang
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
cochef
  • workingmaof3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • Chef Bobby