• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Folding Tables for Shows: Where to Buy and Why You Need One

S
sarahmarie
What kind of tables do you use for your shows? Do i need to buy a folding table? i dont know where to get one. i can only find the $100+ ones. Please help!
Thanks.

I saw one at my local Walmart this weekend that was $26 + tax. Most that I have seen would not fit in the back of my trailblazer. I am going to get this one with my next commission.

I bought mine at my local Wal Mart.... I have two a reg square folding table and I bought a long one too.... for Hostest who have room in their living rooms so I can display more..... but it's up to you... I spent 29.99... I live in Oregon NO sales tax.. :)

I would first ask if your host has a table for you.

I normally use the host kitchen table or island, that being said I do have two folding tables, 1 6ftx4ft and the other 8ftx4ft, I mainly use them for fairs and for my semi-annual open houses...I got them both from O-Max for around $100 total.

I got my table at cosco for around $32. I can adjust it to low or high.

TableI have been with PC for 6 years and have NEVER had to bring a table I use the kitchen table the island or evn had to use a small T.V tray ( put 2 together ) I have in my letter to th host along with other host info to have a card table ready for me and SO far no problems . I wouldn't buy one it's another thing to have to carry ..............

Doreen Zaino
[email protected]

try your local hardware store too. if they don't stock them most will special order for you

Sarah,

Because I'm usually the only person in my car, I take my table with me everywhere. I purchased it at a K's store (I think that's what is called) but have seen them in the Sunday flyer on sale at Walgreens and other stores. I purchased mine for less than $25.

My table has 3 leg settings (kid's table, regular height and a bar height). When it folds up completely, it looks like a very thin suitcase. I know Sam's club now has a similar style with a white plastic top.

I know other consultants who never carry a table (like Doreen). Just be sure you remember to tell your Hosts that they need to take care of this for you.

I never use a table at a show. I have two folding 6ft ones and a card table, but those are only for fairs and things I do at home!

I had to use a coffee table once and do the show on my knees, that was fun!!!

I got my folding ones at Menards for $29 and then there was a $5 rebate for each one.

One thing I love about my Honda CRV is it has a table in it! Were the cover for the wheel well would be in the back it's a small folding table. So I always have that with me. Talk about a show to go! I do also pack another skinny long folding table for display. I like to do that so I never have to refigure my display.

Sam's ClubIf you have a Sam's club near you they have wonderful tables in all sizes for square card tables, to a folding table and small rec. tables.

Really nice and not that expensive. I got one in summer time and it cost me about $32.00

I'd rather have MY own table that I know is sturdy and not going to fall over when I use the chopper. I've had things shake right off tables that were provided using chopper, so I bought my own.

HTH,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I'd rather have MY own table that I know is sturdy and not going to fall over when I use the chopper. I've had things shake right off tables that were provided using chopper, so I bought my own.

That's the reason I take my table. I know the leg isn't going to collapse, sending everything to the floor, in the middle of my presentation.

If I had to work on a coffee table, I would be immobile the next day. Not sure which would seize up first, my knees or my back. :eek:

I DO check out the situation before I carry my table in to the house. Sometimes I work at a Kitchen island/bar or use the Host's dining room table. That's fine. Just don't want to be caught without something reliable.

Sam's !!!!I was at Sam's last week and saw the best table. It came in 4ft or 5 ft. This table folded in half down to 2 or 2 1/2 ft. If I remember correctly it was under $40.

Charlene

I bring my own table. I got mine at Sam's club. It's 4 ft long and 2 ft deep. It's lightweight, so it's easy to carry. It's sturdy, so I know it will hold everything and hold up if I'm chopping. I paid right around $40 for it.I bring my table to every show, but I don't take it in until after I've had a chance to look over the space I'll be using. I usually use the host's table or island, but my table is available if I feel it will better serve my purposes.

Folding TableI got mine at Sam's Club, $40 it is 2' X 4'.

Sam's TableI second the Sam's table. I got the adjustable one, that folds down and is very light weight.

I always bring it with me. Having back issues, I almost quit because of having to bend over regular table top heights. I leave it in the van until I check out the show situation. If I can't use a kitchen counter, I use my table that goes EXACTLY to counter height, making my back (and myself) a much happier person.

I understand the mentality of the host always providing the table, but for me and my back, this is definitely the best way to go! Best $40 tax write off I spent last year!

Sam's
I was at Sam's last week and saw the best table. It came in 4ft or 5 ft. This table folded in half down to 2 or 2 1/2 ft. If I remember correctly it was under $40.

Go get that table, it's a "seasonal" item, that's the table I have and LOVE it, fits in the back seat of my car, I always throw it in the car, if I need it I've got it, if not it just stays there.

How they figure that's a seasonal item is beyond me, but it's great!!

HTH,
Lisa

I have 2 card tables that I bring with me. These fit great in my trailblazer and just stays in there at all times. It really doesn't take much room since it is flat. I usually ask the host if there's a table if not then I have my own. I believe that I will be a permanent fixture in her home if I had to do a show on a coffee table. (LOL)

I bought mine at BJ's. It is a nice 4 ft table and it has adjustable sizes for me to choose form!

I always carry a square card table in the truck of my car just in case. It does not take up much room and it fits in there pefectly

I never use a folding table, I always use the hosts kitchen table.

And I make sure to mention it on the phone when I am talking to the host so if they don't have a table that is usable, we can do something else.

Related to Folding Tables for Shows: Where to Buy and Why You Need One

What kind of tables do you use for your shows?

For shows, we typically use lightweight and portable tables that are easy to set up and take down. Folding tables are a popular choice for this purpose.

Do I need to buy a folding table?

If you are participating in shows or events where you need to display products or materials, a folding table can be a useful investment. It provides a stable and customizable surface for your display needs.

I don't know where to get one.

Folding tables can be found at many retail stores, such as home goods stores, hardware stores, and online retailers. You can also check with event rental companies or ask other vendors at shows where they purchased their tables.

I can only find the $100+ ones. Please help!

Folding tables can range in price from $20 to $200, depending on the size, material, and brand. It may be worth investing in a higher-priced table if you plan on using it frequently, but you can also find more affordable options at discount stores or through online marketplaces.

Thanks.

You're welcome! We hope this information helps you find the perfect folding table for your shows. Happy exhibiting!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jessica Miller
  • grins88
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • mspibb