• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Time Doing Fair-Have Inventory or Not?

I've found that no matter what you have on hand, it won't be what people want. Save yourself the trouble, and take orders.
chefkacey
I am doing my first multi vendor fair and I wanted to know if I should try to purchase products to have on hand or not. if you have products on hand, does that void the guarantee? i believe i read somewhere it has to be six or something in qty. how do you order it (as a personal order or supply order... ) and does there have to be criteria you meet to be able to purchase these. OR is it better to just have people place orders? My fair is in two weeks. thanks

I've found that no matter what you have on hand, it won't be what people want. Save yourself the trouble, and take orders. The only exceptions are very small items that people would be unlikely to need a warranty on: SBRCs and mini serving spatulas, typically.

I usually have pantry items on hand. The warranties are not transferrable, so if you purchase something, they don't get the warranty. Pantry items are only guaranteed to get to the person who orders.

I always have things on hand, but I try to make sure they understand that there is no warranty, but they get a receipt from me so if something happened, I would work with them on it. I actually do really well guessing what people want. Just the typical things that you may use for door prizes ($5 and under) plus the Mix n Chops. I always sell all of them! I also get things on the outlet to sell too b/c people that wouldn't normally look too much, LOVE anything discounted OR discontinued!!

I never buy inventory or bring any of my extra to fairs. It's just not worth the extra money, time, and effort.

the most I've done is SB recipe books.... I agree with DebbieJ... too much of an effort!

Related to First Time Doing Fair-Have Inventory or Not?

1. Do I need to have inventory for my first fair?

No, you do not need to have inventory for your first fair. It is recommended to start with smaller orders and use the fair as a way to showcase and take orders for future deliveries.

2. How much inventory should I bring to a fair?

The amount of inventory you bring to a fair will depend on the size of the fair and your budget. It is recommended to have a variety of products on hand, but focus on bringing more of your best-selling items.

3. Should I offer discounts or specials at my first fair?

It is up to you whether you want to offer discounts or specials at your first fair. Some consultants find it helpful to offer a small discount or free gift with purchase to attract customers and make sales.

4. How should I display my products at the fair?

The key to a successful fair display is to make your products visually appealing and easy to browse. Consider using tiered stands, baskets, and other creative displays to showcase your products. Make sure to also have catalogs and order forms easily accessible for customers.

5. What should I bring to the fair besides inventory?

In addition to your products, it is important to bring business cards, catalogs, order forms, and any other necessary paperwork. It may also be helpful to have samples of your products available for customers to try. Don't forget to bring cash for making change and a way to process credit card payments if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies