• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show - Nyc Professional Woman :(

In summary, the best products to make a big deal of are the Simple Additions line of food, the Kalamata Olive and Rep Pepper Spread, and the Savory Spread. The best way to pamper someone is to buy them premade food from the store (or takeout), and then put it in Simple Additions pieces and serve it in small SA bowls. The best way to entertain someone is to buy them a veggie tray from the store and put it in Simple Additions pieces, or to put crackers/veggies on the SA plates. The best product to make a big deal of when entertaining women in
redprincess
I'm really excited - just got started and have my first show booked in two weeks.

My dilemma - my audience will be women in their late 20's, early 30's. 50% married, none with kids. These are women that work 10-14 hour days and order take out from the Indian restaurant on 2nd ave.

What are the best products to make a big deal of? Why do they want pampered chef? I'm struggling to make this relevant as most of the materials focus on women that have different priorities.

Simple AdditionsI'll bet they enjoy entertaining, so how about the Simple Additions line. They can purchase premade food from the store (or takeout) and present it in SA pieces, and it will look they they worked really hard.

Last edited:
I agree, SA pieces and the linens if you have them.....they will want those for when they are entertaining! People that usually have no kids like to entertain. Plus, don't forget, they may be shopping for others and also....let them in on the wedding registry....being that age, they probably know people that are getting married.

What about stoneware? You can highlight how it's great for reheating leftovers and keeping them crispy, not soggy.

Maybe the can openers too. B/c my guess if they aren't getting takeout on a said night, they might be heating up an easy dinner. Another thought is anything that goes in the microwave would be a hit.

Chillzanne pieces might be good on the entertaining front. They could buy a veggie tray at the store and put it in there to make it look like they cut the veggies themselves.

HTH! Let us know how it goes.

What first drew me to Pampered Chef products when I was working 10-16 hour corporate-type days was the idea that despite an insane schedule I could still put together a nice "upscale" spread for friends in my home. I remember listening to the consultant thinking, "OMG, this is so quick, so easy, I can actually pull an evening together with these ideas and products!" (=the beginning of my PC addiction). I agree to highlight the SA, but also show how honestly simple it is to make entertainment food w/our products.

Here's a quick sip & dip (it's several recipes, but all are EASY, and inexpensive, and likely to appeal to those wanting a lot of flavor in their food):
- the Kalamata Olive & Rep Pepper Spread in the latest Season's Best (yum)
- the Savory Spread (8oz cream cheese w/1 cup mayo and a packet of Good Seasons Dry Italian Seasons mix...can use lite cc and mayo)
- TPC Chipotle Dip, ask if someone in your cluster will sell/give you a packet.
Serve in the small SA bowls and place crackers/veggies on the SA plates(again, borrow from within your cluster.)

You can do these dips ahead of time...but the olive spread is good to demo (shows the food chopper and the garlic press).

If you want to add a cooking item to highlight the stoneware, make the Three-Cheese Walnut Spread (use this spelling to find it on TPC recipe search page)...but instead of baking the spread, do this: open a roll of crescent rolls and form the triangles into four rectangles (just push the perforated edges together). Then spread the uncooked mixture over each rectangle, roll them up and slice into 10-12 pieces. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 on a flat stone until nice and golden. Voila: you have one upscale appetizer in a flash! (Note: I have half the appetizers in the oven when guests arrive and then demo the crescent assembly...commenting on how they can do this trick with nearly any filling...just use our stoneware to ensure even cooking and no burnt bottoms.)

Sorry this is so long...and hope it helps!

Kris

Maybe do a cake in stoneware in the micro and show them how easy and quick it is!! I agree with all the above ideas as well!

Whenever I have customers who say they don't ever cook (How do they eat?!) I always point out the can opener, the ice cream dipper, and the microcookers.

Those are great add ons! I find that those type of women (usually have some disposable money) really enjoy the idea that someday they might like to cook! Definitely, point out the SA! But also point out the kids items....they might not be a mom yet, but they might just be the world's best auntie! Take the mini holiday catalogs! They really show off the entertaining items! Especially if you don't have all of them. Oh! Don't forget the wine bottle opener! Those make great professional gifts for boss-co worker-secretary!

You know - I wouldn't leave out cookware! Our Executive line is very atractive - and if they have beautiful kitchens - even if they never use them to cook - they may like the idea of beautiful cookware to show off!

Cooking for Two & More Cookbook. It highlights elegant but smaller meals they could cook on the weekends.

Don't forget the Quick-Stir pitchers! Either for mixing a bunch of drinks for entertaining or for making a batch of Crystal Light.

First show - NYC professional woman
Hmmm wonder if my niece's will be there? Good luck!
Valky

I've had women like this come to shows and tell me "I don't cook" and they drop $200 like nothing.

So don't be dismayed. :)

It is wild but Deb is right...Everytime I have a show where one person definately DOES NOT COOK, walks away with at least a $150 order. It is usully comprised of Simple Additions Pieces, Wine Bottle Opener, Easy Opener - they take them to work and one for home to save the expensive nails, Chillzanne and Spices of various kinds. Table Linens, Bar Boards and Quikuts top those lists.
All sorts of really great entertaining pieces.
And you have one other thing going for you. Your Host.
Apparently she thought her guests would love the items too otherwise she never would have bothered. Especially if she is one of the "I don't cook" people. This means she already has ideas about things she wants. So right at the very begining of the party and when you thank your host, come right out and ask her why she decided to host a party.
Let her sell to her friends.

One big thing that no one mentioned yet....
THE OPPORTUNITY!!!!
You may feel silly doing it to high powered NYC Professional women. But in being originally from there and knowing what those women put themselves through everyday. It might be nice to let them know there could be an out.
Tell your story, what you wanted out of PC, what you have gotten and what you hope to get.
put emphasis on flexibility, family focus and RECOGNITION.
I would also tell the story of someone who has been in this business longer, like Nancy Jo or Don Funt. Let them know they could grow give them an out. That whole NYC Professional woman crap ain't all it's cracked up to be. But once you are in it is very hard to get out.

***As a side note I spoke to my advanced director and she had a very similar NYC show with gals that worked in the fashion district.
She wasn't going to mention the opportunity and she kind of felt like a bumpkin going in there. But I'm a city girl and told her what I justed typed above and.........she had a great show and some interested leads.
Just be honest & Good Luck!

One more idea: I lived in NYC for 2 years and like everyone else, storage was a huge issue so definately promote the fact that most PC items are designed to maximize use of space (ex-measuring spoons and cup mean only 2 spoons and 1 cup instead of a whole set, bowls are stackable, etc.) Let us know what they order!

pampered1224 said:
And you have one other thing going for you. Your Host.
Apparently she thought her guests would love the items too otherwise she never would have bothered. Especially if she is one of the "I don't cook" people. This means she already has ideas about things she wants. So right at the very begining of the party and when you thank your host, come right out and ask her why she decided to host a party.
Let her sell to her friends.

Thanks - my host is my sister-in-law, who is very excited for me and wants me to succeed. When I was doing a bit of host coaching with her and telling her the discount she can get and the free things she can get, she said she wasn't interested, just wanted to host this for me! She's really sweet - and doesn't like to cook :)

That's cool.Sometimes all it takes is someones interest and excitemnet in getting someone else started. And I too agree, promote the opportunity. Most times getting out of a high power job is harder than we would think. And sometimes all it takes is that wiff of fresh air that something else could offer. Especially with Mary Jo and Don as examples.
You never know whose cords you may strike. So go in there, raise your chin and you be the high powered executive of YOUR OWN million dollar company! remember, just because you ain't there, it is only the YET that is missing!

I just did a show like show like this November 3rd...I kept thinking to myself ,like someone in a above post said,"i feel like a bumpkin'"
well i just went ahead and did my thing, it turned out to be a great show for all. i had over $800 in sales, a recruit lead & 5 BOOKINGS!! Let's face it, no matter how much $$ one makes FREE is always great!
oh did i mention the wedding registry!!

good luck, have fun and be yourself,people will appreciate that:)

ps- i made the Baked Chicken Potstickers- love that demo

I agree with John. It IS tough to get out of a job like that. My job can be like that! I know it might take me years to build this to the point where I can get out, but I like to entertain the thought :D

And yes, I agree, the potstickers are easy and would be good for a group that likes to entertain!

I'd show off the Bamboo Cheese Board, talk about how it works for sushi, and that's it's a Dec host special, catty show anyone? Also, the Olive Oil set, I agree on Cooking for Two or More, and talk about how easy the recipes in the books are. Even if they don't cook for themselves, they might want to impress someone special.

thank you all so much. I've been reading over all the ideas with thoughts on integrating them into my sell. This has really been a help (and set my sis-in-law's mind at ease that I wouldn't go in trying to sell them on making 3 course meals:) ).

I recently tried the 3 Onion Goat Cheese Tart and it is yummy and so easy. I was also Yum with Fresh Mozzarella. It's a great recipe to demonstrate how entertaining can be simple but elegant and it shows products from cookware to stoneware to SA.

Good luck and remember professional types might not cook much, but like kitchens that look like they do.

You might want to bring a ringer...someone who will oooh and ahhhh over everything and help sell from the crowd!

SO true
susan g said:
One more idea: I lived in NYC for 2 years and like everyone else, storage was a huge issue so definately promote the fact that most PC items are designed to maximize use of space (ex-measuring spoons and cup mean only 2 spoons and 1 cup instead of a whole set, bowls are stackable, etc.) Let us know what they order!

Don't forget Simple Additions-- not much cabinet space? SQUARE PLATES & bowls. Who has round cabinets?

One idea I just thought of would be to have a list of Kitchen Must-Haves, for those who don't cook. They probably don't know what they need, so show them. Martha Stewart has a list, Rachael Ray probably does-- PC them up, and then BE THE EXPERT, with THE Definitive List to hand to each person who says they don't cook or know what they're doing in the kitchen.

Remember: YOU are helping THEM.

Go get 'em. Can't wait to hear about it when it's all over.;)

Good point Kimmy...I have been pting out the sankotu is the "rachael ray" knife but it doesn't have the ugly orange handle and has the LT guarantee. that generates interest!

Thank you everyone for your words of advice and encouragement.

My show was a fantastic success - over $900 in sales and two people interested in being consultants and two people interested in wedding registries!

And it had such bad beginnings. As an introduction, I asked everyone to give a one word description of what they are like in the kitchen, and got answers like, dusty, bored, I have a kitchen? Yet these 10 women still bought so much, I couldn't believe it. My sister-in-law got so much in free product, she felt bad that she was ripping pampered chef off!

I started with the three-cheese and walnut spread for everyone to taste, then made another batch in front of them and that totally validated me in everyone's eyes.

Thank you all again!

Congratulations!!! Feels really good doesn't it?!

Yay, YOU!!!
redprincess said:
Thank you everyone for your words of advice and encouragement.

My show was a fantastic success - over $900 in sales and two people interested in being consultants and two people interested in wedding registries!

And it had such bad beginnings. As an introduction, I asked everyone to give a one word description of what they are like in the kitchen, and got answers like, dusty, bored, I have a kitchen? Yet these 10 women still bought so much, I couldn't believe it. My sister-in-law got so much in free product, she felt bad that she was ripping pampered chef off!

I started with the three-cheese and walnut spread for everyone to taste, then made another batch in front of them and that totally validated me in everyone's eyes.

Thank you all again!

I've been wondering how it went. I'm so pleased to hear it went so well. Way to go!!!

redprincess said:

That is great. Way to go.

Wow!What a way to turn around a show!!!!

Good going!

This post was a year ago and although my PC business isn't as successful as I'd like, I've been able to maintain my goal of keeping active. While my hours for my "day job" have increased to over 55+ hours a week, with my first working through the night experience two weeks ago, at my most exhausted times, when I think about dropping out of pampered chef because I just don't have time, I remember how much I LOVE these products. And I love the discount I get on them. I still look through the catalog and think about things I wish I had. After a year, the best recipe I've used (and had requested) is the three-cheese walnut spread. Almost any time I see people from a party I've had, they ask me about it. My in-laws request it at holiday gatherings.

It's been a great year doing Pampered Chef. I'm excited to be submitting my second show in November to qualify for free products in the spring. With the hours I spend working, then commuting, it's sometimes amazing what I'm able to accomplish in the Pampered Chef arena, but I can't help continuing to enjoy it. I love this stuff!

What a "greatest hits" kind of post!
Mmm, I'm going to have to try that three-cheese walnut spread recipe.

I did my 2nd November show today, and am also excited to get free spring product!

Love this post! And I am loking forward to new free spring products.

redprincess said:
This post was a year ago and although my PC business isn't as successful as I'd like, I've been able to maintain my goal of keeping active. While my hours for my "day job" have increased to over 55+ hours a week, with my first working through the night experience two weeks ago, at my most exhausted times, when I think about dropping out of pampered chef because I just don't have time, I remember how much I LOVE these products. And I love the discount I get on them. I still look through the catalog and think about things I wish I had. After a year, the best recipe I've used (and had requested) is the three-cheese walnut spread. Almost any time I see people from a party I've had, they ask me about it. My in-laws request it at holiday gatherings.

It's been a great year doing Pampered Chef. I'm excited to be submitting my second show in November to qualify for free products in the spring. With the hours I spend working, then commuting, it's sometimes amazing what I'm able to accomplish in the Pampered Chef arena, but I can't help continuing to enjoy it. I love this stuff!

I'm curious, did any of those recruiting leads pan out?

i'm sure these women have a ton of money, so they will want to give amazing gifts. also with the holidays coming i'm sure they'll be attending parties, so push the entertaining pieces. just for fun, make sure you add that jessica seinfeld uses pampered chef products and she was using them on the oprah show. good luck:)

Thank you for sharing! Here's to many more 'happy pc anniversarries'!

I'd highlight the Deep Covered Baker and it's quick microwave uses because a lot of times these types of people would like to cook but are intimidated. However, they all use the microwave...so a homemade meal in the microwave doesn't seem too intimidating. Also, this works out good for you since this is a more expensive piece than can openers and microcookers, so it helps to raise your show totals and commission as well!

LOL. I didn't even notice the date on these posts untill about 1/2 way through! Glad it all worked out!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KelleyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • Nep2nfly