• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Conference: Flying In and Out on 16th and 18th?

T
tashayoung
This year will be my first Conference and I'll be in Wave 3. Would I be able to fly in the morning of the 16th and fly out the evening of the 18th?

Flying in the morning of the 16th would be tough. You would most likely not have a whole lot of time to check in at the hotel and then be to the opening general session on time.

Flying out the evening of the 18th should be a problem. I think conference is usually over by 2 p.m.

What time does it usually start in the morning of the first day?

The first General Session usually starts at 1pm. However, that morning is used for vendor booths and HO tours (you can win a shopping spree!) as well as Special Director Training.

Usually, it starts at about 1 or so. You'll want to allow time to leave a bag at the hotel (check in isn't usually until 3:00, but they usually have a luggage room where you can leave a suitcase) and then get on the bus to the McCormick center (PC runs free shuttles from the official hotels to the center).

This years the conference starts later, I want to say 3:00, for non-directors (dont' remember where I read this). If you get an early flight, I think you can make it without too much concern. And yes, if you can find a later flight out, you could leave on the 18th.

The last time I went to conference I flew in the first morning, but stayed the extra night and left early in the morning. I was rushed when I arrived. We didn't stay at the conference hotel, so I took the shuttle to the conference hotel and walked the 4 or 5 blocks to our hotel and then back to the conference hotel to meet the shuttle for opening session. Because of time issues, I wasn't able to walk to and from our hotel to the conference hotel after that and had to take a cab...4 of us shared the cab ride. However, even though other hotels are cheaper, once you pay cab fare...even when you share it...you don't save any money. I would recommend staying at the conference hotel...or one across the street. If you are an early riser, it is a nice walk, but I wouldn't recommend it after dark. If opening session is starting later, you would probably be fine to arrive that morning. I think I arrived at 11:00 am at O'Hare. You are going to love conference. I only get to go every other year, but I love it.

chefjeanine said:
This years the conference starts later, I want to say 3:00, for non-directors (dont' remember where I read this). If you get an early flight, I think you can make it without too much concern. And yes, if you can find a later flight out, you could leave on the 18th.
The first general session will start at 3:00. There will probably be a workshop before it. Everything is being shuffled around this year, because Awards Night is being eliminated. People who earn TPC will still get to walk, but they're breaking it up so we don't have to sit there for 4 hours watching the parade of achievers.

Ann, so with me arriving the day before I should be all set to go to this Director's event on the first morning? I should also be okay leaving at 4:30 pm the 3rd day, right?;)

TIA!!!

Yep- you should be Ok with that schedule.

Thanks Ann!!!:D I feel better now!:D

1. Can I fly in the morning of the 16th and fly out the evening of the 18th for the First Conference?

Yes, it is possible to fly in on the morning of the 16th and fly out on the evening of the 18th for the First Conference. However, it is recommended to plan your travel accordingly to avoid any potential delays or conflicts with the conference schedule.

2. What is the schedule for Wave 3 participants at the First Conference?

The exact schedule for Wave 3 participants may vary, but typically they will attend different sessions, workshops, and networking events throughout the duration of the conference. It is best to check the conference agenda for specific times and locations.

3. Will transportation be provided for Wave 3 participants during the conference?

It depends on the conference and its location. Some conferences may offer transportation services for participants, while others may require participants to arrange their own transportation. It is important to check with the conference organizers for more information.

4. What should I bring with me for the First Conference?

It is important to bring any necessary conference materials, such as your registration confirmation, conference schedule, and any required identification or paperwork. You may also want to bring business cards, a notebook and pen, and comfortable shoes for walking between sessions.

5. Is there an option to extend my stay for the First Conference?

This depends on the individual's preferences and availability. Some participants may choose to extend their stay to explore the conference location or attend additional workshops or networking events. However, it is important to check with the conference organizers for any potential limitations or restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PChefPEI