• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Right Brie for a Big Crowd

In summary, the Brie can be made on the round stone or in the small oval baker. The small oval baker is prettier, but the round stone is just as usable.
emmabelle47
I wanted to get a bigger Brie, because my host will be having about 10-15 people. I unfortunately couldn't find the bigger size, so I got 2 of the 8 oz ones. I still want to do one on the round stone with handles so I can put the bread around it, but want should I do with the other one? Should I put the other one in the Small Baker, or should I borrow my MIL's small bar pan?

Either of those stones would work. I'd find the small bar pan easier to eat it from because of the low sides, but the mini baker is prettier. Don't forget to have extra bread toasted or some crackers, too.

They also recommended that it could be done in the large bar pan too which comes in the new consultant kit.

Yeah, I figured it could go in the large bar pan, but I just got the round stone and wanted to use it. :) I thought it'd look prettier....

I'd use the small baker - like Ann said, it's prettier, and it will save you a trip, while also showing off the glazed stoneware.
The small oval baker would be cute, too, if you have it.

I thought the small baker would look nice, I was just wondering about being able to eat from it too.... I have actually never done this recipe before so I didn't know if the small baker would be practical, but if you guys recommend doing it, I'm going to do it! :) Thanks!

emmabelle47 said:
Yeah, I figured it could go in the large bar pan, but I just got the round stone and wanted to use it. :) I thought it'd look prettier....

I think it looks better on the round stone too...just figured if you are making 2 batches, you'd want the space of the large bar pan for more bread.

However, with 10-15 people, you may still have plenty.

Remember, this is a sample, not a meal. Have your host provide another snack or something.

I brought the brie (1 batch) to a Christmas party Saturday night and there were 13 in attendance and everyone tried it and there was still plenty left over.

I've doubled this recipe a few times for shows and, yes, two smaller 4 inch rounds do fit in the middle of the round stone with the bread slices still spread around them. For whatever reason, I've never doubled the amount of bread on the stone and it's always been enough. The host did usually have a 2nd baguette, but we've never used it. Yum!

pamperedbecky said:
I've doubled this recipe a few times for shows and, yes, two smaller 4 inch rounds do fit in the middle of the round stone with the bread slices still spread around them. For whatever reason, I've never doubled the amount of bread on the stone and it's always been enough. The host did usually have a 2nd baguette, but we've never used it. Yum!

Good to know too Becky! It is nice to make slices a little thicker and spread a lot on each piece - yummo!

AND the Brie is also shown served in the Small Oval Baker in the Holiday Mini Caalog (pg 7) so that is a good way to cross sell product.

I did a "double brie" show in November and did both of them on the large bar pan. Worked great, had the bread all arrange around them. I was very "creative" with the bread placement and it looked great. Do it on the bar pan, and then talk about versatility and how you could just do 1 on the round stone.

Related to Finding the Right Brie for a Big Crowd

1. What type of brie is best for a big crowd?

When choosing a brie for a large group, it's important to consider the occasion and the preferences of your guests. A classic, creamy brie is always a crowd-pleaser, but if you want to add some variety, you can opt for a flavored brie like cranberry or truffle.

2. How much brie should I buy for a big crowd?

A general rule of thumb is to plan for about 2 ounces of brie per person. However, if you know your guests are big cheese-lovers, you may want to increase that amount to 3-4 ounces per person.

3. Can I use a regular cheese knife to cut brie for a big crowd?

While a regular cheese knife can certainly do the job, using a brie knife with a thin, sharp blade will make it easier to cut through the rind and get clean, even slices. Plus, a brie knife often has a wider blade, making it easier to serve larger portions for a big group.

4. How should I serve the brie for a big crowd?

For a casual gathering, you can simply place the whole wheel of brie on a platter and let your guests cut their own slices. If you want to make it more elegant, you can pre-slice the brie and arrange it on a serving platter with crackers, fruits, and other accompaniments.

5. Can I serve brie at room temperature for a big crowd?

Yes, brie is best served at room temperature, as it allows the full flavor and creamy texture to shine. If you're setting out a large amount of brie, make sure to take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving to ensure it reaches room temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tkraus
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tkraus
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies