• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Perfect Candy Thermometer: Shop Iso's Selection Now!

In summary, using a candy thermometer has many benefits, including ensuring the perfect texture and preventing burning or overcooking. When choosing a candy thermometer, consider the type of candy and temperature range needed. Regular thermometers are not suitable for making candy and it is important to use a candy thermometer specifically designed for this purpose. There are two main types of candy thermometers, analog and digital, both of which can provide accurate readings. To care for your candy thermometer, hand wash it after each use and avoid putting it in the dishwasher or exposing it to extreme temperatures.
tvwalsh72
I have a host that is looking for the candy thermometer. Her mom has a PC one and she loves using it. Now that she is on her own she wants one and was disappointed it wasn't in the book.

I would think she's talking about the old digital thermometer that had a candy setting. It was in the outlet a while back, but no longer available. Personally, I loved and still do love my digital therm. I was disappointed when it was retired.

Related to Find the Perfect Candy Thermometer: Shop Iso's Selection Now!

1. What are the benefits of using a candy thermometer?

Using a candy thermometer ensures that your candy is cooked to the correct temperature, resulting in the perfect texture and consistency. It also helps prevent burning or overcooking of your candy.

2. How do I choose the right candy thermometer?

When choosing a candy thermometer, consider the type of candy you will be making and the temperature range it requires. Look for a thermometer with a clip or handle for easy attachment to your pot and a clear and easy-to-read temperature gauge.

3. Can I use a regular thermometer for making candy?

No, regular thermometers are not designed for the high temperatures required for making candy and may not provide accurate readings. It is important to use a candy thermometer specifically designed for this purpose.

4. Are there different types of candy thermometers?

Yes, there are two main types of candy thermometers: analog and digital. Analog thermometers use a mercury or alcohol-filled tube to measure temperature, while digital thermometers use a probe and display the temperature on a screen. Both types can provide accurate readings, so it ultimately comes down to personal preference.

5. How do I care for my candy thermometer?

To ensure the longevity of your candy thermometer, hand wash it with warm soapy water after each use. Avoid putting it in the dishwasher, as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the thermometer. Store it in a cool and dry place, and avoid dropping it or exposing it to extreme temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • TheReeds2004
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
jfoos
  • pkloosen