• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Style Thermometer With Probe

In summary, to use the old style thermometer with probe, insert the probe into the center of the food and avoid contact with bones or the pan. It can be used in the oven, but should be inserted before preheating. Clean the probe with warm soapy water, and avoid submerging the entire thermometer. It can be calibrated and is accurate, but it is recommended to also use an instant-read thermometer for additional accuracy.
kam
Staff member
I had bought the old style Pampered Chef Thermometer on the outlet some years back - the one where the base sits outside the oven and a probe on a wire goes into the meat in the oven.

I absolutely love it and it has proven to be the most reliable/accurate of thermometers that I own (including the several variants of stick thermometers we have sold over the past few years).

DH has been using it in his smoker lately and he would like a second one for a second item (plus I am envisioning him dropping it at some point).

Has anyone used any other brands of these type of thermometers and been happy with them? I am looking for a recommendation.

THANKS!

My husband absconded with the one I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I have to go looking for it every time I want to use it. I am happy with it and have had it for about 10 years.

Old Style Thermometer.JPG
It doesn't seem to have a probe, though.

1. How do I use the old style thermometer with probe?

To use the old style thermometer with probe, simply insert the probe into the center of the food you are cooking. Make sure it is not touching any bones or the bottom of the pan. The temperature should be read within a few seconds.

2. Can I use the old style thermometer with probe in the oven?

Yes, the old style thermometer with probe can be used in the oven. However, make sure to place it in the food before putting it in the oven and do not leave it in the oven while preheating.

3. How do I clean the old style thermometer with probe?

The probe of the old style thermometer can be cleaned with warm soapy water. Do not submerge the entire thermometer in water as it is not waterproof. Wipe the display with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I calibrate the old style thermometer with probe?

Yes, the old style thermometer with probe can be calibrated. You can follow the instructions in the user manual or contact our customer service for assistance.

5. Is the old style thermometer with probe accurate?

Yes, the old style thermometer with probe is accurate. However, we recommend using it as a guide and checking the temperature of your food with an instant-read thermometer to ensure accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rkarl
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • priscilla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • beepampered