• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Cheap Tickets for Your Next Conference | Top Travel Websites

In summary, if you are coming back to the conference and you choose to do so, three good websites to look for cheap tickets are Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, and Discount Travel Deals - Kayak.com.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
SO.......IF I am coming back and IF I choose to come to conference......what are some good websites to look for cheap tickets?

TIA!

I can fly out of Jacksonville, Wilmington, New Bern or perhaps Raleigh (although that is a 2 hour drive)...........

I have used Travelocity.com for years and had great luck with them.

Kayak.com is also good

I found the best deal with travelocity and hotwire. I've used orbitz and cheaptickets before. I've heard priceline and vayama are pretty good too, but I don't know personally about those.

Thanks y'all......I am still not sure but we shall see............

If you could get to Greensboro you could take Skybus which is like $35 one way to the Chicago area.

Southwest flies out of Jax and they will not show up in most search engines, so be sure to check them directly.

checkout farecompare.com or ultimatefares.com

We always fly SW & just go to their website; usually they have internet specials.

Kayak.com was just profiled this morning on the Today Show as the best one to use... HTH!

I always start with the travel search engines to find out who has the lowest prices. Then I go to that airlines' site. The tickets are then about $10.00 because of fees on the travel search engine sites.

Most of the sites mentioned wouldn't give me fares under $179.Lone exception was Hotwire that got me to Chicago Ohare for $139.I could get the same price on Southwest from their web site, and be on the same flights as my director.I'd LOVE to do Skybus but a) nearest outlet is a 2.5 hour drive and b) it flies out of Columbus to the Chicago area (actually, Gary, Ind.) but not FROM Columbus TO Gary.I have a feeling it wouldn't be easy to get from Gary to downtown Chicago, anyway ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Most of the sites mentioned wouldn't give me fares under $179.Lone exception was Hotwire that got me to Chicago Ohare for $139.I could get the same price on Southwest from their web site, and be on the same flights as my director.I'd LOVE to do Skybus but a) nearest outlet is a 2.5 hour drive and b) it flies out of Columbus to the Chicago area (actually, Gary, Ind.) but not FROM Columbus TO Gary.

I have a feeling it wouldn't be easy to get from Gary to downtown Chicago, anyway
There is a great train system that runs through Gary, and makes a ton of stops in Chicago - right near the different Conference hotels. We drive to Michigan City, and take it into Chicago - costs us $15 round trip......I'll have to find the info for you - I can't remember the name of the train system....

Won't do me any good because I can't do Skybus ... there is no airport in Ohio that will fly me to Gary. But it will come in handy for someone else, I'm sure.

ChefBeckyD said:
There is a great train system that runs through Gary, and makes a ton of stops in Chicago - right near the different Conference hotels. We drive to Michigan City, and take it into Chicago - costs us $15 round trip......I'll have to find the info for you - I can't remember the name of the train system....

Is it Amtrak?

Amtrak runs from Chicago to Kenosha, Racine and Milwaukee...

Di_Can_Cook said:
t a) nearest outlet is a 2.5 hour drive ..

Where I live, the only 2 major airports in the state are 3 hours away; so we don't have a choice on if we drive this far.:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:

It's probably the Metra South SHore line.

We take the MegaBus from Detroit. Have done this the last 2 years and it's rocks!!!!! If you live in Ohio, Missouri, MI, WI, MN you can check it out.low cost inter city travelPS: My ticket was $9.50 round trip and it took us right to Union Station.

I use sidestep.com, but most of the time will pay a few dollars extra to buy through orbitz. I love that they will call my cell w/ updates if flight is on time or delayed, now they added how the lines are through checkout. It's usually $4 more from the airline but for me it's worth it. I also check the airline as well.

In Ohio we are blessed. Cleveland is an hour away from me and Akron-Canton is practically in my back yard. I know some people who fly out of Pittsburgh becuase it is cheaper ... that's a 2 hour drive.

Longer than that and it gets hard to get somebody to drop you off.

I will and have checked them out! I am still not sure if I will be at NC but stranger things have been known to happen! Send good business vibes my way and perhaps I will see some of you there!

Related to Find Cheap Tickets for Your Next Conference | Top Travel Websites

1. How do I book a trip on a traveling website?

Booking a trip on a traveling website is easy! Simply browse through the available destinations and select your preferred dates and accommodations. Once you have chosen your trip, follow the prompts to enter your personal information and payment details to confirm your booking.

2. Can I make changes to my booking after it has been confirmed?

Yes, most traveling websites allow for changes to be made to your booking. However, there may be fees associated with making changes, so be sure to check the terms and conditions before making any modifications to your trip.

3. Do I need to print out my booking confirmation?

No, it is not necessary to print out your booking confirmation. Most traveling websites will send a confirmation email with all the necessary details for your trip. You can also access your booking information through your account on the website.

4. Are there any hidden fees when booking through a traveling website?

There should not be any hidden fees when booking through a reputable traveling website. However, it is always a good idea to carefully review the terms and conditions before confirming your booking to ensure there are no unexpected charges.

5. Are traveling websites safe to use for booking trips?

Yes, traveling websites are generally safe to use for booking trips. However, it is important to make sure you are using a legitimate and secure site. Look for security measures such as SSL encryption and read reviews from other travelers to ensure a positive experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies