• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Did I Just Experience an Earthquake?

In summary, after feeling a huge earthquake, it is important to stay calm and assess your surroundings for any potential hazards. The duration of an earthquake can vary greatly, and they are caused by the movement of tectonic plates. Currently, there is no reliable way to predict earthquakes, so it is important to be prepared by creating an emergency kit and plan, securing your home, and familiarizing yourself with safety procedures in your area.
ChefZee
So in Okinawa we had a 6.9 earthquake. Ugh! I just came from San Diego and I absolutely HATE earthquakes! I hate the feeling of uncertainty not know when it's going to stop. This was lasted a long time. Even after a "long" earthquake, it just got stronger and continued.

At least we're all OK.

The ironic thing is my mom is currently on a plane to visit, and I heard there was an earthquake in Fort Worth (where she just left)

Glad you're okay.

I'm in Dallas & didn't feel one here. Although Oklahoma had one yesterday that some people did feel here.Don't take orders to mainland! They have a few a day up there!!! LOL

There are a few a day in Okinawa too, but I never felt a 6.9 there! In the four years I was there, I only felt maybe 10 that startled me - many more than that that were just part of my daily grind, LOL! I was in Seattle for the 6.9 in 2001 - THAT was scary!

We've felt 2 of the earthquakes from OK here in Kansas City, MO. For someone who isn't used to them, it is a little unsettling.

1. What should I do after feeling a huge earthquake?

After feeling a huge earthquake, it is important to stay calm and assess your surroundings for any potential hazards. If you are indoors, stay where you are and take cover under a sturdy piece of furniture. If you are outdoors, move to an open area away from buildings, trees, and power lines. Listen for instructions from local authorities and be prepared for aftershocks.

2. How long do earthquakes typically last?

The duration of an earthquake can vary greatly depending on the magnitude and location. Some earthquakes can last for just a few seconds while others may last for several minutes. It is important to stay in a safe place until the shaking stops completely.

3. What causes earthquakes?

Earthquakes are caused by the movement of tectonic plates, which are large pieces of the Earth's crust and upper mantle. When these plates shift or collide, it can create vibrations and seismic waves, resulting in an earthquake.

4. Can earthquakes be predicted?

At this time, scientists have not found a reliable way to predict earthquakes. While there are some precursors that may indicate an earthquake is possible, they are not always accurate. It is important to be prepared for earthquakes and have an emergency plan in place.

5. How can I prepare for earthquakes?

There are several ways to prepare for earthquakes, including creating an emergency kit with supplies such as water, non-perishable food, and first aid items. It is also important to have an emergency plan in place for yourself and your family, and to secure heavy or breakable objects in your home. Familiarize yourself with the earthquake safety procedures in your area and consider participating in earthquake drills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • pchefkristin