• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fed up - Not an Anti-Fedex Ex Rant

In summary, the customer is unhappy with the host and the host has not responded to the customer's e-mails.
Kathytnt
I just got an e-mail from a customer that was part of my ridiculous Alaska fundraiser host. She tells me the host says she is waiting on me to close the show. Well excuse me the additional outside orders has supposedly been in your trunk since APRIL and after trying to reach her multiple times she tells me she was going to call me last week and of course has not.

The customer has not cancelled her order - Can you blame her but I am not sure what to say to her

There is nothing that upsets me more than people making me look bad when they are the ones causing the problem

This on top of mediocre sales for my HWC - The awful Naughty Chef party and the host that wants to do a second show even though she only have $26 dollars in sales at her show. And that host's credit card bounces everytime she places an order

Yes I have 3 recruits but I feel like I am setting a lousy example

Please pray for me that my shows next weekend are better - I need a boost really, really, really bad. I almost want to just quit but I have recruits and hosts depending on me and I am signed up for conference.

I just want to scream right now! AHHHHHHHHHHH

That feels better

Don't quit. It isn't always bad. You have 3 signed. You must be doing something right! Hostess coach like you mean it! Set the record straight with whomever you need to, and move on from the bad apples. You deserve it.

Kathy! *breathe* :D
These yucky experiences are a good thing for you to go through, because they will allow you to be empathetic for when YOUR consultants are ready to quit after their bad experience. When you have a consultant that calls you and is ready to throw in the towel, you'll be able to say "Hey, I've been there. I know what you're going through. I know it sucks now, but if you push through it, I've found that it makes the rewards that much sweeter".

These issues are not because of YOU. So as long as you don't let it get to you, it doesn't involve you. ;)

You know this is not normal, look at your high show! $1500! You ARE an awesome consultant. You're offering what you have to everyone. Everyone includes the really terrible ones who don't appreciate it, but also includes the ones who really want to make the best of what you're offering.

It's a numbers game. When you have a yucky experience or someone who's a let-down, just move on and say "next!".

I love it when I sign someone but since I have a different schedule each week I have trouble getting in touch with my recruits.

I am just upset the most about trying and trying to work with the host (Alaska) and then finding out she is lying to her friends about the show close.

Everyone on the other thread is asking about your 'casual recruiting'

Kathy, you're not a setting a bad example. You're actually showing your recruits that sometimes, no matter how good you are at your job, the host bombs. Granted, you've collected a rather impressive variety of ways that can happen ;) , but you've been able to go on. That's something that your recruits need to see.

As for your Alaskan host, I understand your frustration. You aren't even there to defend yourself. I don't have any real advice for you on that front. Just realize that people who behave that way are usually known as people who behave that way. Her friends probably know you aren't actually to blame. (Okay, so I had a little advice for you. :eek: )

I got another e-mail from another customer on this issue. The host has promised to call me - still not response from her on e-mail It has taken me a while to calm down to even try to call here

This is my most recent e-mail to her - Mind you I do fundraisers and give all my commision minus postage cost to people

Hope I wasn't too harsh but this is outrageous - I am usually kind of a wimp

Message to the host

--------

Gretchen -

What do you want me to do? You have friends that ordered online months ago. One has already cancelled her order and the other wants to cancel her's too because of the delay.
They are under the impression that I am just sitting here not providing adequate service and not taking care of their orders. You have told me several times you had orders you were going to mail to me. You said you were doing to call me but I have heard nothing except that you have told your friends that you are waiting on me.

I realize we all get busy but you told me April that you were going to be mailing the orders to me and it is now July.

I was trying to help you out with a fundraiser. I have spent more that $25 in postage and catalogs to help you and your team out and I can't even get a response from you.

---------

I had sent a note to the customers that had ordered online about a month ago

This is the reply I get from the lady who had not cancelled her order

Can you give me a status update on this. I may need to cancel this order since it is so old and place it with someone else that can get me the items I ordered.

So I replied back and copied to the host

I will be happy to submit it for you as an individual order and pay the additional shipping cost if you will give me the approval. I can submit it immediately upon your approval and your order should be there pretty quickly.

I normally do not send in orders for a fundraiser or show until I get the go ahead from the host and I am still waiting to hear from Gretchen.

I understand your frustration with the delay and apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let me know how you would like me to proceed. I am copying our correspondence so that Gretchen is aware of our communication.

Thanks, Kathy

I had basically washed my hands of it but I just still hate that this woman has made me look bad when all I was doing was trying to help her raise money for cancer research

I think we should start a list of people to avoid as hosts - What do you think???

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea! I'll include the psycho beast that screwed me out of my bridal shower.....

Sorry you are going through this, Kathy!

Maybe we can have a beverage and commisserate together at conference...we're both at the hilton....hmmm.....

I will drink to that

Yikes!
Can you even still submit a MAY fundraiser now that it is JULY???
I don't think you can...
You only have until the end of the next month to submit a show...so the end of June to submit a May show...

Maybe I"m late on this thread...
I hope everything turns out good...
and WOW...how do you get shows in ALASKA from TEXAS??

Best of luck with it! You'll be stronger at the end of this.

(((HUGS))), Kathy - I'm sorry you're going through this. I had a few rotten hosts this past spring, too. One girl was impossible to get in touch with before her show, and lived 1.5 hours away. I kept asking her how many people she had coming, and she wouldn't tell me, even though she knew I was coming from a distance. I finally got in touch with her on the day of her show, and she told me she had no one confirmed that was coming!! I told her I wasn't driving 1.5 hours for no one to show up, so she said "I'll call you back". She called me back and told me "you don't have to come, I canceled it" and acted like I was the bad guy. Hello - I'm not wasting a Saturday evening with my family to come to your house and have no guests to do a show for!!! UGH! I had 2 catalog hosts screw me over, too (May catalog shows, still couldn't get it together by 6/22 when I was leaving for vac.), with outside orders on their shows from customers of my own, so I just submitted my own catalog show and ordered some stuff for myself (stuff I definitely don't need!).

What I'm getting to is, it seems that these things come in clumps. I went on vacation and came back on 7/1. That day, I booked 2 shows without even trying!!! One girl just emailed me through my website that she wanted to book a show in July, and all I had to do was show up at a tupperware party and the girl sitting next to me told me she wanted to do a PC show in Oct! So, unfortunately in this business, I think we have to take the good with the bad. I was ready to just throw in the towel after that experience, but I came back from vacation refreshed, and with 2 new shows on the calendar, and it gave me just the push I needed to get back in the swing of things.

I'm sure things will turn around for you in the next month or so. You did what you could to get things wrapped up for her show, and you can't control what other people are going to say or think. Just know you are doing your best, and the rest will take care of itself. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Nicole That is if it is a HWC fundraiser - You can do fundraiser all year round - This particular fundraiser started in Marchl then she said she was going to mail me the orders. I check back with her and let her know I haven't received the orders and she tells me she thinks they are in her trunk. I finally call her in Alaska (3 hour time difference) and she kind of nervous giggles ans says she thinks they may still be in the trunk and she will check. Still nothing

Then one of the people that did an online order cancels the order - Apparently the host told her she was waiting on ME. Then I went from frustrated to furious. She is ruining my reputation. I was so angry I just wanted to wash my hands of the whole situation. The customer that contacted me yesterday I had sent an e-mail like June 19th to explain that I was still waiting on Gretchen

I sent her catalogs for her whole team and for her fundraiser so I am out almost $25 bucks because of shipping and catalog costs It's frustrating because I give all my commision on my cancer fundraiser and then to get treated like this

In the fun host dept One of my sister's friends (who lives in my neighborhood) She ordered on my sister's party. Credit card gets declined.

Then she has a show scheduled. Didn't even invite my sister because she assumed I was going to let her know - Excuse me I have no right to invite someone to your home. I knew she might not have a huge circle of friends so I suggested that if she ran into neighbors she could give them an invitation and get there info so she could do a remind. My sister told me she thinks she sent out the cards to her neighbors by lot number not even individuals. Host told me there would be probably ten people there. Two people showed up a woman and her mom - bought $26 in product. Host purchased $50 in products so I had to add everything to my HWC show so I could submit it and then her new pre-paid credit card got declined. I should have known that would happen because it was the weekend of her daughter's birthday. She says I thought you were going to put it through sooner - Hello - It's a pre-paid card - Don't you know how much is on your card
Now I am still trying to get the producst paid for and delivered. She wanted to do another show this month and I have avoided the conversation coming up. I let her know if she wanted to place an individual order that she could - She didn't need to set up a show. She even talked about being a consultant. There are just some people you are not sure you want on your team - You know

Related to Fed up - Not an Anti-Fedex Ex Rant

1. What is "Fed up - Not an Anti-Fedex Ex Rant" about?

"Fed up - Not an Anti-Fedex Ex Rant" is a blog post written by a satisfied customer of FedEx, sharing their positive experience with the company and dispelling any negative misconceptions about FedEx.

2. Why did the author feel the need to write this post?

The author wanted to share their positive experience with FedEx and counter any negative reviews or complaints that may be circulating. They also wanted to show appreciation for the hardworking employees of FedEx who often go unrecognized.

3. Is this post sponsored by FedEx?

No, this post is not sponsored by FedEx. The author wrote it on their own accord as a happy customer of the company.

4. What are some specific examples of the author's positive experience with FedEx?

The author shares how their packages always arrive on time and in good condition, how FedEx employees are always friendly and helpful, and how the company offers convenient options for tracking and receiving packages.

5. How can I show my appreciation for FedEx and its employees?

You can show your appreciation by leaving positive reviews and feedback, thanking your local FedEx employees, and choosing FedEx for your shipping needs. You can also spread the word about your positive experiences with the company to others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• patty42240
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • pampered1224