• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inspirational Quotes to Live By

In summary, my favorite quotes are:"Be carefule whose feet you step on,They might be attached to a BUTT you have to kiss later!""Opportunities are never lost; someone else will take the ones you miss.""People may forget what you do, people may forget what you say, but they never forget how you make them feel.""Step Out of Your Comfort Zone!!""A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.""Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow; it only saps today of its strength."
AJPratt
Silver Member
What are some of your favorite quotes?

From Successories"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good." - www.successories.com

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I
don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world
are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want,
and, if they can't find them, make them."
-- George Bernard Shaw, "Mrs. Warren's Profession," 1893

"You are positive, creative, and happy to the degree to which you
eliminate negative emotions from your life."--Brian Tracy

"You can't give away something that you don't have; you can't make
others happy if you are unhappy."--Brian Tracy

Read this if you have Kids

Spend as much time as you can with your kids now. Or they will have grown up before you know what happened, and your relationship will be less than it could have been... Your fond memories, also.

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"
--Stuart Smalleyno really...
--Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal
and of course (and I believe this from training for the Chicago Marathon!)
--Success is a journey, not a destination

Not sure if this qualifies, but...Okay. I don't know who said this, so I don't know if it qualifies as a quote, but my favorite saying right now is:

Be carefule whose feet you step on,
They might be attached to a BUTT you have to kiss later!

:p

quotesMine, I got from my AD.

Opportunites are never lost; someone else will take the ones you miss.
I don't know who said it, but it was on a note pad I got as a gift.

I like the feet one though, it makes me laugh.
Jennie

There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.”

-- Richard Bach, The Bridge Across Forever

nikked said:
Okay. I don't know who said this, so I don't know if it qualifies as a quote, but my favorite saying right now is:

Great one I sent to my husband

nikked said:
Okay. I don't know who said this, so I don't know if it qualifies as a quote, but my favorite saying right now is:

I really liked that one. Have to remember it. I use to have this attached to my emails:

People may forget what you do,
People may forget what you say,
But they never forget how you make them feel.

And then my favorite is from my dad. He uses this all the time:

"I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!"

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"--Walt
Disney

Ooooh - I am a BIG inspirational quote person...my AOL profile is filled with the following quotes:

Right actions for the future
are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past.

STOP THE INSANITY!

I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be....You can also stop and say, 'No, I won't do it, I won't behave this way anymore.'
--Leo Buscaglia--

If you always do what you've always done...
you will always get what you always got.

Be Brave!
Step Out of Your Comfort Zone!!
Try something new!!!

Children are not toys. They are not here to love you or give you something you think you are missing. If you want a toy, buy a doll.

**Choose to make a difference rather than a dollar**

If one dream dies...dream another dream.

A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow; it only saps today of its strength.

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Unknown

You're braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think.
-A. A. Milne

There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around.
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to.
-Anna Nalick

"Courage means flying in the face of criticism, relying on yourself, being willing to accept and learn from the consequences of all your choices. It means believing enough in yourself and in living your life as you choose so that you cut the strings whose ends other people hold and use to pull you in contrary directions."
~Wayne Dyer~

I will climb this mountain. They told me it is too high, too far, too steep and too difficult. But it is my mountain. I will climb it. You will see me waving from the top or dead on the side from trying.
~author unknown~

This is my life motto!God is in control!

“I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:11-13)

Short and sweet but I know HE has given me everything and I don't deserve anything!

Debbie

My husband never worries about anything and he loves to say this quote:

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things":D

"To the world, you may only be one person;
But to one person, you just may be the world!"

I don't know the author, but I think it's a beautiful quote!

NikkeD said:
Be careful whose feet you step on...They might be attached to a BUTT you have to kiss later!
ItalianChef said:
Great one I sent to my husband

Too funny! My hubby is the first one I thought of when I heard this quote!

"Everyone rises to their level of incompetency!"

My favorite quote is:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

I don't know who said it, but I love it! We have a special needs 3 year old son and it makes me think about how precious his life is and even though he may not be with us a long time he has and will continue to enrich our lives. :)

My favorite USED to be " Why put of till tomorrow what you can get out of all together" I am trying to be more responsible. Now it is "The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing." I keep reminding myself of this when I look at my rolling recruit list of all of my recruit leads that will do this when the time is right. I need to trust God that everything wil happen in HIS time

This one is important to me.

Writing is from Nazi victim Pastor Martin Niemoeller; THEY FIRST CAME FOR THE COMMUNISTS AND I DIDN’T SPEAK UP–BECAUSE I WASN’T A COMMUNIST. THEN THEY CAME FOR THE JEWS AND I DIDN’T SPEAK UP–BECAUSE I WASN’T A JEW. THEN THEY CAME FOR THE TRADE UNIONISTS AND I DIDN’T SPEAK UP–BECAUSE I WASN’T A TRADE UNIONIST. THEN THEY CAME FOR THE CATHOLICS AND I DIDN’T SPEAK UP–BECAUSE I WAS A PROTESTANT. THEN THEY CAME FOR ME–AND BY THAT TIME NO ONE WAS LEFT TO SPEAK UP.

Anne,
i just crack up every time i read your "bad spellers of the world--UNTIE":D

I thought it was pretty funny! When I first saw it I had to do a double-take.

Bump.
Anyone else have a favorite quote to share? I love this thread, so I wanted to move it back up to the top. :)
Jen

Thanks for the bump! Here are some more great ones I found!

I BELIEVE IN AN OPEN MIND, BUT NOT SO OPEN THAT YOUR BRAINS FALL OUT (Arthur Hays Sulzberger)

REALITY IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF STRESS AMONGST THOSE IN TOUCH WITH IT (Jane Wagner)

HOW MUCH CAN I GET AWAY WITH AND STILL GO TO HEAVEN

LEADERSHIP IS BASED ON INSPIRATION, NOT DOMINATION; ON COOPERATION, NOT INTIMIDATION (William Arthur Wood)

"If you think you CAN or think you CAN'T your RIGHT"

My favorite of all time. ANd now im new at PC and applying it to my new buisness..

I just love the quote on my signature. As a Christian, it has even deeper meaning to me.

A couple of quotes from a book I am currently reading, Jack Canfield - Success Principals

"Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Who's Next!"

" You can make excuses or you can make money, but you can't do both!"

Have a Great Day!
Lori

Here are two about time. . .I'm a procrastinator so I need to be reminded.

Time is our most valuable asset, yet we tend to waste it, kill it and spend it rather than invest it. ~ Jim Rohn

What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it. What I accomplish must be worthwhile because the price is high. ~ (Author Unknown)

Great Thread!
luvs2sellit said:
My husband never worries about anything and he loves to say this quote:

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things":D

Love this one! My kids think it's funny:p
Also, "Bad spellers -- UNTIE" :) Sooooooooo ME!
& AJ's about 'wine/chocolate; being used up & shouting WOO HOO!" LOVE IT!!!

"accentuate the possitive; eliminate the negative; latch on to the affirmative; don't mess w/ mister in-between" ~Frank Sinatra

Last edited:
Molly Jo said:
My favorite quote is:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

I don't know who said it, but I love it! We have a special needs 3 year old son and it makes me think about how precious his life is and even though he may not be with us a long time he has and will continue to enrich our lives. :)

This is one of my fav's also, funny huh? Because it's so true and the moments that take your breath away are usually the reason you are who you are today.

My Faves!!!Let's see.... I have a few that I like...

No one gets to choose their lot in life, but we can all choose what we build on it.

You don't quit playing because you grow old, you grow old because you quit playing.

Enthusiasm is contagious. Not having enthusiasm is also contagious.

I also like "If at first you don't succeed....Try following the directions"

lorilynn said:
A couple of quotes from a book I am currently reading, Jack Canfield - Success Principals

"Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Who's Next!"

" You can make excuses or you can make money, but you can't do both!"

Have a Great Day!
Lori

I LOVE BOTH OF THESE!!
I want to share this at our next training!!

my favorite"If the dream is big enough, the facts don't count!" :D

dannyzmom said:
I LOVE BOTH OF THESE!!
I want to share this at our next training!!

Jack Canfield is an Awesome Motivator. I had a chance to hear him speak last year. I just started reading his book The Success Principals. He is all about taking 100% responsibility for where you are in life and focusing you on your dreams. So far I am enjoying the book and I am trying to put it to work for me.

Have a Great Day!
Lori

"You would not worry about what people think about you if you realize how little they do." That one changed my outlook on life.

My romantic one...from Winnie the Pooh
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

OK... As you can ALL imagine, this ranks up very high with me:

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.

Also... Since I'm a cryer.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Dr. Seuss

I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b*tch, okay.

Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.

BOTH BY Madonna

***Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today.***

Some people tell me this is too morbid, but I feel that it is too true! It was on a James Dean poster that I bought a few years back. It's always stuck with me.

There are three kinds of untruths;
Lies, damned lies and statistics.
~ Mark Twain

Here's a few of mine"Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor."- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle

Success is the pot in a poker game whose chips are hard work, commitment, and persistence. Without those chips, we cannot play the game. And if we cannot play, we cannot win. ~ Carmen Mariano

Don't wait for your ship to come in. Row out to meet it.”– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

“It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final.”
- Roger Babson

If you’re not enjoying the Journey, you probably won’t enjoy the destination
--Joe Tye Motivational

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault

Higher income taxes are a razor guillotine poised to descend on the bare neck of prosperity. ~Thomas H. Kean

People try to live within their income so they can afford to pay taxes to a government that can't live within its income. ~Robert Half

“You can’t see the future through a rearview mirror.” --Peter Lynch

Not sure if anyone posted this quote. Last night a customer told me about a quote she lives by...I'm not sure which famous person said it...
"I'm too poor to buy things more than once". I took that to mean that the author meant that he/she would buy quality the first time so that the person would not be buying again and again. ie buying a whisk from the dollar store as opposed to buying one from Pampered Chef. You know that the one from the dollar store would not last for long and you would just have to buy another one again. That customer really got everyone thinking last night!

These are amazing!! Thanks!

Saw this on my sour cream tub foil yesterday and loved it

The delight of a child is contagious

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are. -Anonymous

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. - Anonymous

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
- Anonymous

It aint the life you choose...it's the life you live.....Tesla

Dreams unwind.....love's a state of mind......Stevie Nicks

I am not in AA, but have always loved the Serenity Prayer. :)
"God, grant me the serenity to accet the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and
the wisdom to know the difference."

Its a great way to collect yourself!

From my technical writing days:

"After all, when you come right down to it, how many people speak the same language even when they speak the same language?" Russell Hoban

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chef4u2
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies