• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Movie Quotes from the Blues Brothers!

In summary, some of the favorite movie quotes from the conversation include "The Blues Brothers", "Ghostbusters", "Stripes", and "Tommy Boy".
Mr Deeds:

I'm gonna slice you into 8 pieces of bitc*aroni!!

I'm from Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa!

Ma'am, you've been a victim of a New York City mugger. As I suspected, he was a coward and a weakling, and wore more cologne than any man should wear. Here's your purse back!

BTW - these are from my DS....he told me I should put them on here!

Happy Gilmore:

The price is WRONG, Bobby!

Hey Chubs, remember that gator that got your hand? I got his head!

I have to go to my happy place...

Fast times:

You know, Mr Hand, I've been thinking about this time thing...if I'm here, and you're here,doesn't that make it our time?

KellyTheChef said:
Sixteen Candles:

Dong! (CLAP, CLAP)
Dong! (CLAP, CLAP)

DEAD POETS SOCIETY (almost forgot to all that to my favorites list earlier too! LOVE that movie)

"O Captain, my Captain. Who knows where that comes from? Anybody? Not a clue? It's from a poem by Walt Whitman about Mr. Abraham Lincoln. Now in this class you can either call me Mr. Keating, or if you're slightly more daring, O Captain my Captain. "

"Sucking all the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone. "

"We're not laughing at you - we're laughing near you. "

"Welton Academy, hello. Yes he is, hold on. Mr. Nolan, it's for you. It's God. He says we should have girls at Welton."

"Phone call from God... Now if it had been collect, it would have been daring! "

"Y-You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. You kick at it, beat it, it will never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying to the moment we leave dying, it will cover just your head as you wail and cry and scream!"

""that's baaaaad." Robert Frost said, "Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

" I SOUND MY BARBARIC YAWP OVER THE ROOFTOPS OF THE WORLD."

"Damn it Neil, the name is Nuwanda."

Delores Claiborn

Honey Sometimes being a b@#$^ is the only thing a women has to hold on to.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Honey, how many of them hormone pills you takin'?

My cousin Vinnie

Yeah, you blend.

krzymomof4 said:
One time at band camp.......

That's gotta be the best movie quote of all time!!!

AJPratt said:
Dong! (CLAP, CLAP)
Dong! (CLAP, CLAP)

Dong: She at the church, She get maw-wied.
Jake Ryan: Married?
Dong: Maw-wied!
(door closes)
Jake: (under breath) Married?
Dong: (through the closed door) MAW-WIED!! Sheesh!

Face it, lady. We're younger and faster!Face it, girls. I'm older and I have better insurance.Tawanda!

Rae, thanks I forgot about those lines from Fried Green Tomatoes. Except Towanda was my camp nickname when I was a Girl Scout Leader for for my daughters. Boy I miss those days! Wish I had the energy now that I had then.

Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all time favorite movies and Field of Dreams.

Dirty Dancing: ?exact wording? Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

Sixteen Candles

Long Duk Dong: Very clever dinner. Appetizing food fit neatly into interesting round pie.
Mike Baker: It's a quiche.
Long Duk Dong: How do you spell?
Grandpa Fred: Well you don't spell it, son, you eat it.

Jake: Yes, hello sir... Um
Howard: Are you the little bugger that's been calling up here all night and then hanging up?
Jake: Would it be possible for you to tell me if there is a Samantha Baker there and if so may I converse with her briefly?
Howard: Yes there is and NO you may not.
Jake: Might I leave a message sir?
Howard: He wants to leave a message for Sam.

Samantha: May I be excused?
Grandma Helen: Where are you going?
Samantha: I have a dance to go to at school. It's a very important dance... we're being graded on it for Gym.

I LOVE SIXTEEN CANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved that quiz!! Got a 69% but have to admit I never saw Goonies or Flight of the Navigator.

From my all time favorite, Valley Girl (nothing better than a young Nicolas Cage!!)

CHECK OUT THOSE PECS!!!:p

I could go on for hours with this one.....

Jill

Paige Dixon said:
Dong: She at the church, She get maw-wied.
Jake Ryan: Married?
Dong: Maw-wied!
(door closes)
Jake: (under breath) Married?
Dong: (through the closed door) MAW-WIED!! Sheesh!
LOL! I had forgotten about that one...perhaps I need to rent that DVD!

What about...

"ET PHONE HOME!" Now whose the nerd? I am not good at remembering what I said 5 minutes ago never a whole movie line. LOL!!!:p

I only got 65% on that quiz... thought I was smarter than that!

Rebecca,

I love Sixteen Candles too!! Great movie - the Donger need food! No more yanky my wanky - I crack up every time:)

My colors are blush and bashful

Her colors are pink and pink

My colors are blush and bashful Momma

The church looks like someone threw up Pepto Bismol all over the place

jasonmva said:

Now, how did I know that you wuold know those lines, from THAT movie?!?!:D :D

amy07 said:
Now, how did I know that you wuold know those lines, from THAT movie?!?!:D :D

As much as I would like everyone to believe that I AM Julia ROberts from that movie, I really am Weeza!

jasonmva said:
As much as I would like everyone to believe that I AM Julia ROberts from that movie, I really am Weeza!

YOU can't be.......I am!! "I've been in a really bad mood for the past 40 years" or in my case less!!:D

Gotta love Steel Magnolias. I think I've seen that movie at LEAST 100 times.

"She don't know whether to scratch her watch or wind her butt!"

Here's some more:

"To infinity and beyond" - Toy Story

"I want the fairy tale" - Pretty Woman

"Be good", "Phone Home" - E.T.

jasonmva said:

Pink is my signature color.

Re-eeal tomato ketchup, Eddie?

Nuttin but the best!

I ain't seen a beatin' like that since someone stuck a banana down my pants and turned a monkey loose!

"vegas vacation"

Okay, I just had to post a quote from an all-time favorite movie.....it's a favorite not because it's that great....but because my younger brother and I watched several times together before he passed away, and after that, watching it brings back good memories.........

The Quote:

"He's got a monkey on his back and he can't shake it off"

Anyone care to guess the movie???:D

Back to the Future

"Road"? Where we are going we dont' need roads"

Water Boy:

"Momma I want play foosball, BOY you an't playing no fooseball its a waste a time"

Just bumping it up!!!

"We just met at the intersextual...the homosection....the intersection"

"Look at my hand...what is happening with my hand?"

Kevin Kline in In & Out....movie cracks me up evertime I see it

"At the end of the day I am just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her"

and the tears just started streaming down my face

You're gonna need a bigger boat. (Jaws)

Come quickly. I've just killed an intruder. (Sleeping with the Enemy)

YOUNG GUNS

(One of my favorite quotes...hehehe)
"Did you guys see the size of that chicken?"

So I'm going to totally show my age and give quotes from one of my fav movies of all time -- Clueless

Cher: Okay, so you're probably going, "Is this like a Noxzema commercial or what?" But seriously, I actually have a way normal life for a teenage girl.

Dionne: Hello? There was a stop sign.
Cher: I totally paused.

Mr.Hall: [as Travis goes to jump out window] And could the suicide attempts PLEASE be postponed until the next period?

Mel: Do you know what time it is?
Cher: A watch doesn't really go with this outfit, daddy.

Cher: Sometimes you have to show a little skin. This reminds boys of being naked, and then they think of sex.

Amber: She could be a farmer in those clothes.

How about some Top Gun...

Maverick: I feel the need...
Maverick, Goose: ...the need for speed!

Major League

"I think we're contenders right now."

"I look like a banker in this."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"It's merely a flesh wound."

"An African or a European swallow?"

"I fart in your general direction!"

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Field of Dreams

"All the ballparks have lights now; even Wrigley Field."

Big Daddy

"My kid is the smelly kid?"

OK- I have to post this because they used it in Sunday's episode of Family Guy and I just about fell off the couch laughing...

Look! It's Enrico Palazzo!
(From Naked Gun)

THE WIZZARD OF OZ.... a true classic!

"Don't be silly, Toto. Scarecrows don't talk."

"Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my!"

"Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got? "

"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do! "

"The last to go will see the first three go before her. And her little dog too."

Dorothy: Your majesty, if you were king, you wouldn't be afraid of anything?
Cowardly Lion: Not nobody. Not nohow.
Tin Woodsman: Not even a rhinoceros?
Cowardly Lion: Imposerous!
Dorothy: Supposing you met an elephant?
Cowardly Lion: I'd wrap him up in cellophant.
Dorothy: What about a hippopotamus?
Cowardly Lion: I'd thrash him from top to bottomus.
Scarecrow: What if it were a brontosaurus?
Cowardly Lion: I'd show him who was king of the forest.

"Let the joyous news be spread. The wicked witch at last is dead!"

"Do not arouse the wrath of the great and powerful Oz."

"Ring around the rosie, a pocket full of spears."

"She's not only merely dead / She's really most sincerely dead."

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

"I'll get you my pretty... and your little dog too! "

"If I were king of the fore-e-e-est / Not queen, not duke, not prince / My royal robes of the fore-e-e-est / Would be satin, not cotton, not chintz / I'd command each thing, whether fish or fowl / With a r-r-ruff and a r-r-ruff, and a royal growl - R-R-Ruff! / As I click my heels / All the trees would kneal / And the mounains bow / And the bulls kowtow / And the sparrow would take wing / If I, if I were ki-i-i-i-ng! / The rabbits would show respect to me / The chipmunks genuflect to me / Though my tail would lash / I would show compash / For every underling / If I, if I were king / Just ki-i-i-i-ing!"

"First they took my legs off and they threw them over there! Then they took my chest out and they threw it over there!"

"Who ever thought a little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?"

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

"The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain! How can I ever thank you enough?"

"Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!"

"You have no power here! Now begone, before somebody drops a house on you!"

"I'm melting! I'm melting! What a world... what a world"

"He's the Horse of a Different Color, you've heard tell about."

"We get up at 12 and start to work at 1! Take an hour for lunch and then, at 2, we're done! Jolly good fun!"

"Helping the little lady along are you, my fine gentlemen? Well stay away from her, or I'll stuff a mattress with you! And you, I'll make you into a beehive. Here Scarecrow, want to play ball?"

"Back where I come from there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds. They are called phila... er, phila... er, yes, er, Good Deed Doers."

"Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?"

"Only bad witches are ugly."

"It's a twister! It's a twister!"

"Oh we oh, yooo ho! "

"And now, my beauties, something with poison in it. Poppies... Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep. Sleep. Now they'll sleep!"

Last edited:
Wax on wax off

Paint de fence side to side

This is my 3 year old daughter's newest quote thanks to Over the Hedge i believe:

"I didnt' steal it, I just borrowed it"

From Christmas Vacation:

Ruby Sue: It's got me sh*ttin' bricks.

Uncle Clark: You shouldn't use that word.

Ruby Sue: Oh, sorry, sh*ttin' rocks.

On that same note....

"The sh*tter's full!"

"I want the fairy tale."

Pretty Woman

jasonmva said:

"Are you HIGH Clarrise"

You all crack me up....the quotes are hysterical. I actually use the above line when someone is acting "out there" and my kids still keep asking "Who is Clarisse anyway!

Thanks to all for the trip down memory lane and the many chuckles!!!!
Leah

I believe this was Ducky from Pretty in Pink:Do I offend?

From RV:
If there's a poop fairy, I can make a lot of money.

Whenever a big white man picks up a banjo, my cheeks tighten.

From Forrest Gump:
Lt. Dan-Gump, have you found Jesus?

Gump-I didn't know he was lost, sir

From Fried Green Tomatoes:
Oh it don't make no kind of sense. Big ol' ox like Grady won't sit next to a colored child. But he eats eggs- shoot right outta chicken's a**!

From When Harry Met Sally:
I'll have what she's having!

From Top Gun:
Tower, this is Ghost rider requesting a flyby

too much fun being had here-must go get on the phone and work!!!

"everytime a bell rings an angel gets his wings"

There's a quote that can make me tear up!

GourmetGirl said:
"everytime a bell rings an angel gets his wings"

There's a quote that can make me tear up!

As a kid that line always made me want to find my bells and ring them.

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Helen: I always thought that if I did all I could God would bless my marriage

Brian: It takes a lot more than you doing all you can, and who's to say this is not your blessing, you know sometimes we hold on to things God, himself is trying to tear apart.

<h2>1) What is the most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie?</h2><p>The most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie is "We're on a mission from God."</p><h2>2) Who says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God"?</h2><p>Elwood Blues says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God."</p><h2>3) What are the five items Jake lists as excuses for being late to his own wedding?</h2><p>Jake lists the following five items as excuses for being late to his own wedding: running out of gas, having a flat tire, not having enough money for cab fare, his tux not coming back from the cleaners, and an old friend coming into town.</p><h2>4) What is the iconic line said when the Blues Brothers are heading to Chicago?</h2><p>The iconic line is "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."</p><h2>5) Who makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner?</h2><p>The character known as "the Penguin" makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner.</p>

Related to Favorite Movie Quotes from the Blues Brothers!

1) What is the most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie?

The most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie is "We're on a mission from God."

2) Who says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God"?

Elwood Blues says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God."

3) What are the five items Jake lists as excuses for being late to his own wedding?

Jake lists the following five items as excuses for being late to his own wedding: running out of gas, having a flat tire, not having enough money for cab fare, his tux not coming back from the cleaners, and an old friend coming into town.

4) What is the iconic line said when the Blues Brothers are heading to Chicago?

The iconic line is "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

5) Who makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner?

The character known as "the Penguin" makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • tlag1986