• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Movie Quotes from the Blues Brothers!

In summary, some of the favorite movie quotes from the conversation include "The Blues Brothers", "Ghostbusters", "Stripes", and "Tommy Boy".
pchefkristin
Seeing as how movies are the talk of the day....
Share some of your favorite movie quotes!

The Blues Brothers have some real classics!

"I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to god!"

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

"Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke. "

"How much for the little girl? Your women - how much for the women?"

Last edited:
CaddyShack

"I was born to love you,

I was born to lick your face,

I was born to rub you,

But you were born to rub me first."

:D

"This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion. "

Last edited:
Ghostbusters:

"She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and she sleeps above her covers . . . four feet above her covers!"

"*This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions!
*What do you mean "biblical"?
*What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor. Real wrath of God type stuff! *Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, and volcanos!
*The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Hmmm... I am the only one who is a movie quote freak?? Ok... Then I will sit and quote with myself all day! Hehehe

Stripes:

"So we're all dogfaces, we're all very, very different. But, there is one thing that we all have in common: we were all stupid-enough to enlist in the army."

"There's something wrong with us! Something very, very wrong with us! Something seriously wrong with us!"

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

"Oh George, not the livestock!"

"You two are just dumber than a bag of hammers."

"Da*n! We're in a tight spot!"

"Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated." :D This one is my favorite!

"Them syreens did this to him. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad."

"Well isn't this place a geographic oddity. Two weeks from everywhere."

"Friend? Some of your foldin' money is come unstowed."

"(Delmar) You work for the railroad, Grampa?
(Blind Man) I work for no man.
(Delmar) Got a name, do you?
(Blind man) I have no name.
(Ulysses Everett McGill) Well, that right there may be the reason you've had difficulty findin' gainful employment... "

"You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation."

"The color guard is colored! "

"Well, the two of us was fixin' to fornicate!"

"Uh, okay sir. But Murt and Aloysius will have to sign Xes as only four of us can write."

OK... can you tell this is one of my very favorites?!

Say Anything:

"She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Hey KG.... thanks for joining along... I was really hoping I wouldnt be talking to myself all day!

Great quote by the way!

Tommy Boy:

"But what if the Guarantee Fairy's a crazy glue sniffer? Next thing you know there's change missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times."

"Wood****? Is that you?""Think ya used enough dynamite thar, Butch?""Who are those guys, anyway?"

The Jerk:

"And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair."

"I'm picking out a Thermos for you. Not an ordinary Thermos for you. But the extra best Thermos that you can buy, with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in."

"I'm gonna bounce back and when I do I'm gonna buy you a diamond so big it's gonna make you puke."

"Good Lord - I've heard about this - cat juggling! Stop! Stop! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Good. Father, could there be a God that would let this happen?"

"I was born a poor, black child."

My Girl:

Vada, to Thomas J after getting her first period:
Go away! And don't come back for five to seven days!

"Yeah, I got a question...does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

"so Ahab, can I have all my doobage?"

It's Mega-Maid! She's gone from suck to blow!

I always have coffee before radar.

They've gone plaid.

I'll have the cleavage. er... the special.

Chump don' want no hep. Chump don' get no hep.

Can someone get this walking carpet out of my way? (And that line turns 30 on May 25!)

May the force be with you.

I used to shoot womp rats from my (can't remember the ship name) back home. They're not much bigger than 2 meters.

I love you.
I know.
(And the response in that exchange was ad-libbed. It was written as, "I love you, too." but it sounded way too sappy for the character. So the director told the actor to improvise - it was the end of a VERY long day of shooting and they needed to get the scene in the can because the crew was coming up on their union-mandated end of day.)

"My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump."

In that respect...here's another...

"Stupid is as stupid does!"

I will join you on the Forrest Gump movie... LOVE that one!

"When I was in China on the All-American Ping Pong team, I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flexolite ping pong paddle".

"Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks."

"I'm sorry I had to fight in the middle of your Black Panther party."

"I ran for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours. When I was hungry, I ate. When I was tired, I slept. When I had to go, you know, I went!"

"And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free. "

"Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running! "

"You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world. "

"Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing."

"I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now. "

Last edited:
Oops... cant forget this one!

"Run, Forrest! Run!"

This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens to people when they get too sexually frustrated.

raebates said:
Real Genius. Can't remember any lines at them moment (brain fried from being out too late last night; read all about it here: http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=19919&highlight=cautionary

Love that movie, though.

Heheheh LOVE that movie!

"I never sleep, I don't know why. I had a roommate and I drove her nuts, I mean really nuts, they had to take her away in an ambulance and everything. But she's okay now, but she had to transfer to an easier school, but I don't know if that had anything to do with being my fault. But listen, if you ever need to talk or you need help studying just let me know, 'cause I'm just a couple doors down from you guys and I never sleep, okay? "

"Look at it this way. Considering the type of people you are and the environment you're in, you have to admit the strong possibility this may be the only chance you ever have in your entire lives... to have sex."

"(Chris) You didn't touch anything, did you?
(Mitch) No.
(Chris) Good. Because all of my filth is arranged in alphabetical order. This, for instance, is under 'H' for "toy."
(Mitch) What is it?
(Chris) It's a penis stretcher. Do you want to try it?
(Mitch) No."

"And from now on, stop playing with yourself. "

"Did you know there's a guy living in our closet?"

One time at band camp.......

You'll shoot your eye out !! You'll shoot your eye out !!

You'll shoot your eye out kid !!

"looks like I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue!"

I'm your huckleberry!

I ADORE Val Kilmer!!!

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.
You killed my father.
Prepare to die!

The Princess Bride (my FAV movie EVER!)

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's arse, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it!"

(Tommy Boy)

I know this is long ~ forgive me! ~ but it's my favorite part of the Princess Bride!

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Man in Black: Then make your choice.
Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
Man in Black, Vizzini: [they drink ]
Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]
Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Romancing the Stone ~ another favorite!

Jack Colton: What did you do, wake up this morning and say, "Today, I'm going to ruin a man's life"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Jack wacks the heels off her shoes with a machete]
Joan Wilder: These were Italian.
Jack Colton: Now they're practical.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joan Wilder: You're the best time I've ever had.
Jack Colton: I've never been anybody's best time.
Jack Colton: What's the matter, are you paralyzed from the neck up, or are you hurt?
[Jack shows off his new, crocodile skin, boots, made from the crocodile he has killed]
Joan Wilder: I like the boots.
Jack Colton: Yeah, that poor old yellow-tailed guy... developed a fatal case of indigestion. He died right in my arms.
Joan Wilder: I can't blame him. If I were to die there's nowhere on earth I'd rather be.

Good Will Hunting: Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never met, never had a no problem with get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', "Oh, Send in the marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back of course, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and ****in' play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the ****in' job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure **** it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

Inconceivable!

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

(Princess Bride rocks!)

Anybody quote My Cousin Vinny yet?

My fave: Mona Lisa Vito: Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the cool, clear water - BAM. A ****in' bullet rips off part of your head. Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask ya, would you give a **** what kind of pants the son-of-a-***** who shot you was wearing?

pcchris said:
"looks like I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue!"

Looks like I picked a bad day to give up amphetamines.

holy grail anyone?One of my all time favorite movies.

who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder
there are some who call me Tim.

black knight "I'm invincable."
king aurthur " your a loony"

She turned me into a newt.
A newt?
Well i got better.

King Aurthur"We are searching for the holy grail"
French soldier"we already got one. It's very nice"

AJPratt said:
Anybody quote My Cousin Vinny yet?

My fave: Mona Lisa Vito: Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the cool, clear water - BAM. A ****in' bullet rips off part of your head. Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask ya, would you give a **** what kind of pants the son-of-a-***** who shot you was wearing?

I shot the clerk !??!
I shot the clerk??!!

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn..."

OMG! I can't believe you guys know all of these WORD FOR WORD!!! Even my most favorite movies I can't do that! My brain just doesn't DO that!

I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy!

I figured it out! I don't need to remember all of them!!!

Dirty Dancing:

Johnny: Nobody puts baby in a corner.

Johnny: "I've never known anybody like you, Baby. You look at the world and you think you can make it better. If somebody's lost, you find them. If somebody's bleedin'..."
Baby: "Yeah, I go get my daddy. That's really brave. Like you said."
Johnny: "That took a lot of guts to go to him. You are not scared of anything..."
Baby: "Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw. I'm scared of what I did, of who I am. And most of all... I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you."

Armageddon:

Grace Stamper: A.J. is my choice!
Harry S. Stamper: Choice? He's the only one here in your age bracket. That's not a choice, it's a lack of option.

Harry Stamper: I'm not gonna kill him, I'm just gonna shoot him in the leg. He can still work with one leg!

Oscar: I'm, like, 98% excited, and maybe 2% scared. Or maybe it's backwards. Maybe I'm 98% scared, and, like, 2% excited. But that's what makes it so great---I'm so confused! (Owen Wilson is just the cutest!!)

Rockhound: Hey Harry, you know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has two hundred thousand moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good doesn't it?

AJ: You know what I was thinking?
Grace: What?
AJ: I really don't think that the animal cracker qualifies as a cracker.
Grace: Why?
AJ: Well cause it's sweet, which to me suggests cookie, I mean well putting cheese on something is sort of a defining characteristic of what makes a cracker a cracker. I don't know why I thought of that, i just-
Grace: Baby, you have such sweet pillow talk.

The Breakfast Club:

Richard Vernon: Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns.

Richard Vernon: What if your home... what if your family... what if your *dope* was on fire?
John Bender: Impossible, sir. It's in Johnson's underwear.

Richard Vernon: What was that ruckus?
Andrew Clark: Uh, what ruckus?
Richard Vernon: I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus. Brian Johnson: Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

John Bender: Excuse me, Dick. I mean, Rich, will milk be made available to us?
Claire Standish: I have a really low tolerance for dehydration.
Andrew Clark: I've seen her dehydrate, sir, it's pretty gross.

[To himself, crawling above some acoustic ceiling tiles.]
Bender: Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. The bartender says, I guess you won't be needing a drink. Naked lady says-- [The ceiling gives way.] oh shit!

Oh....these are making me laugh!

Last edited:
As Good As It Gets

Carol: Come on in, and try not to ruin everything by being you.

Carol: OK, we all have these terrible stories to get over, and you---
Melvin: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Melvin Udall: I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence," and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me.

Simon Bishop: I love you, Melvin.
Melvin: I tell you, buddy, I'd be the luckiest man alive if that's what did it for me.

Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.
Carol Connelly: ...That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
Melvin Udall: Well maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.

ElizabethPurvis said:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.
You killed my father.
Prepare to die!

The Princess Bride (my FAV movie EVER!)

Oh I love this movie too! I have seriously considered naming a child Westley. :)

Westley: As you wish.

[as Buttercup prepares to commit suicide with a dagger]
Westley: There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

Jerry Maguire

Jerry Maguire: "I love you. You... complete me."
Dorothy Boyd: "Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at "hello.""

Ray Boyd: "D'you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?"
Jerry Maguire: "Did you know that Troy Aikman, in only six years, has passed for 16,303 yards?"
Ray Boyd: "D'you know that bees and dogs can smell fear?"
Jerry Maguire: "Did you know that the career record for hits is 4,256 by Pete Rose who is NOT in the Hall of Fame?"
Ray Boyd: "D'you know that my next door neighbor has three rabbits?"
Jerry Maguire: "I... I can't compete with that!"

And you can't forget:
"Show me the money!"

"2319!"

I am such a mom. That's from Monster's Inc.

Sixteen Candles:

Samantha: Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease.

Grandma Helen: Oh Sam, let me take a look at you. Fred, she's gotten her boobies!
Grandpa Fred: I better get my magnifying glass! Ha Ha Ha.
Grandma Helen: Oh, and they are so PERKY!
[reaches to cup them]
[cut to:]
Samantha: I can't believe my grandmother actually felt me up!

[on the bus]
Geek: You know, I'm getting input here that I'm reading as relatively hostile.
Samantha: Go to hell.
Geek: VERY hostile!

OK I am done being a dork! I need to go to bed...my two year old will be up at 6:30AM!!

Kelly, you're not a dork.

Here's one from Napoleon Dynamite:

ND: do chickens have large talons
Farmer: What?
ND: Talons...
Farmer: Boy, I can't understand a word you're sayin'!

Take it off any sweet jumps??

If you get class president, I can be like your secret service or somethin'...

Tina, you fat lard, come get some dinner!

<h2>1) What is the most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie?</h2><p>The most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie is "We're on a mission from God."</p><h2>2) Who says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God"?</h2><p>Elwood Blues says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God."</p><h2>3) What are the five items Jake lists as excuses for being late to his own wedding?</h2><p>Jake lists the following five items as excuses for being late to his own wedding: running out of gas, having a flat tire, not having enough money for cab fare, his tux not coming back from the cleaners, and an old friend coming into town.</p><h2>4) What is the iconic line said when the Blues Brothers are heading to Chicago?</h2><p>The iconic line is "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."</p><h2>5) Who makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner?</h2><p>The character known as "the Penguin" makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner.</p>

Related to Favorite Movie Quotes from the Blues Brothers!

1) What is the most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie?

The most iconic quote from the Blues Brothers movie is "We're on a mission from God."

2) Who says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God"?

Elwood Blues says the famous line, "We're on a mission from God."

3) What are the five items Jake lists as excuses for being late to his own wedding?

Jake lists the following five items as excuses for being late to his own wedding: running out of gas, having a flat tire, not having enough money for cab fare, his tux not coming back from the cleaners, and an old friend coming into town.

4) What is the iconic line said when the Blues Brothers are heading to Chicago?

The iconic line is "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

5) Who makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner?

The character known as "the Penguin" makes the request for "four fried chickens and a Coke" at the diner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • tlag1986