• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Easy Bar Recipe for Large Pan | No Rice Crispies Needed

In summary, the conversation is about sharing different bar recipes for a large pan. Some suggestions include stuffed crust pizza, lemon bars, chocolate chip sensation, tomato basil squares, and coffee house bar cookies. There is also a discussion about using the bar pan for making breads and the possibility of sharing a lemon bar recipe. The conversation ends with a suggestion for 7 layer bars and a promise to share the lemon bar recipe.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Ok Folks,

I need a great bar recipe for my large par pan. I'm tired of the same old brownies and chocolate chip oatmeal bars that I usually do. So, what is your favourite bar recipe!? Doesn't have to be PC...

Oh, and I don't have any rice crispies in the house right now!

TIA, y'all ROCK!!

Have you tried any of the pizzas? I make the stuffed crust pizza (use mozzarella sticks), and it has never failed to get rave reviews!! You can have mutiple toppings to get more hands on!
Hope that helps!
Nicole

I do love the Clubhouse chicken squares, the Caramel Nutty brownies, chicken enchiladas that I make for my family, Ice cream squares and lots of other things too. I love my bar pan! :thumbup:

Debbie :D

Actually, I'm looking for real "bars", as in cookies that you bake and cut into rectangles - not for a show, but for a snack for my play group tomorrow :).

But thanks anyway! And I'm just not up for the WNCB tonight...

My favorite "bar" is chocolate chip sensation. It's like a chocolate chip cookie bar on steroids.

Lemon bars are always yummy And would be refreshing served cold in this hot weather (not sure where you're located)

pampermejolene said:
Lemon bars are always yummy And would be refreshing served cold in this hot weather (not sure where you're located)

Kitchen DIva has an awesome lemon bar recipe that is too die for, but it is not in our bar pan. I love the warm nutty ( minus the nuts for me) caramel brownies myself. I have also rolled out cookie dough onto the bar pan, bnaked it nad made the bar cookies. I have playgroup tomorrow too and I am making the lemon bars.

Tomato Basil Squares is my ultimate favorite and so easy to do!

Raspberries & Cream Streusel Squares All the Best 89
Coffee House Bar Cookies Delightful Desserts 123
Bonanza Brownie Bars More Stoneware Sensations 79

dO YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE COOKBOOKS?

merego said:
Kitchen DIva has an awesome lemon bar recipe that is too die for, but it is not in our bar pan. I love the warm nutty ( minus the nuts for me) caramel brownies myself. I have also rolled out cookie dough onto the bar pan, bnaked it nad made the bar cookies. I have playgroup tomorrow too and I am making the lemon bars.

Would you be willing to share the lemon bar recipe?

kcjodih said:
Would you be willing to share the lemon bar recipe?

Kacey said I could so I will :) I'll pm you

Have you ever made pumpkin bread or zucchini bread? Or Amish Friendship bread? Sweet/quick breads (not to be confused with sweet breads, which really scar me to think about) like those work really well for me! Just spread across the pan, cook em' up, cut into chunks and don't plan on having any later. Yum! They all also work with DMMP, but the bar pan is easier.Also, if you have What to Expect, The First Year, there is a recipe for cake made with apple juice and raisins and carrots that we actually really like as almost fruitcake-y bars. Omit the "icing", unless you are a sadist. Yuck on that.

KateD said:
Have you ever made pumpkin bread or zucchini bread? Or Amish Friendship bread? Sweet/quick breads (not to be confused with sweet breads, which really scar me to think about) like those work really well for me! Just spread across the pan, cook em' up, cut into chunks and don't plan on having any later. Yum!

They all also work with DMMP, but the bar pan is easier.

Also, if you have What to Expect, The First Year, there is a recipe for cake made with apple juice and raisins and carrots that we actually really like as almost fruitcake-y bars. Omit the "icing", unless you are a sadist. Yuck on that.

You can do the amish bread in the large bar pan? How does that work?? I have batch that I am supposd to bake on Saturday.

merego said:
Kacey said I could so I will :) I'll pm you

LOL- I was gonna post it, but since Mere is willing to do that for me... :)

Also, 7 layer bars are good. They have a graham cracker crust, coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pecans and sweetened condensed milk. Very tatsey!

Every other bar recipe I have calls for a 9x13 (because of the taller sides)

The lemon bar recipe really is the best-and my lemon filling gets a little firmer than normal lemon bars so you can actually eat them without a fork, and they taste SUPER yummy out of the fridge!

I will post it on the recipe file section also, I have had a few PM's for it that I have replied to already :)

I have made KAcey's 7 layer bars as well and they are yummy too.

Tonight I made the Smores recipe from the care guide I got with mine years ago. If anyone would like the recipe let me know and Ill type it here! It looks awesome and we'll see how it taste tomorrow! Made it for my hubby to take to a luncheon along with some catalogs ;)

Thanks for all the ideas ladies!

I also love lemon bars, but alas have only one lemon right now...

Before I got all of your replies, I found a recipe for "pecan pie bars" on allrecipes.com which I actually have the ingredients for (except for not enough pecans, so I am doing half mixed nuts!). The base is pretty much the same as for lemon bars, I have all ready to bake in the morning (time for bed!).

Meredith, I don't have any of those books, unfortunately!

See y'all tomorrow!

Night night :indif:

AnnieBee said:
Thanks for all the ideas ladies!

I also love lemon bars, but alas have only one lemon right now...

Before I got all of your replies, I found a recipe for "pecan pie bars" on allrecipes.com which I actually have the ingredients for (except for not enough pecans, so I am doing half mixed nuts!). The base is pretty much the same as for lemon bars, I have all ready to bake in the morning (time for bed!).

Meredith, I don't have any of those books, unfortunately!

See y'all tomorrow!

Night night :indif:
Granted my lemon bars taste way better with fresh lemon, and lemon zest in the crust and filling, you can use lemon juice from a bottle. That's how the recipe was originally written, but I changed it up- I use real lemons and zest in the crust and filling- WAY yummier than the original recipe. :) Which came from my dear mother- who cannot cook to save her life...:)

gothim0802 said:
Tonight I made the Smores recipe from the care guide I got with mine years ago. If anyone would like the recipe let me know and Ill type it here! It looks awesome and we'll see how it taste tomorrow! Made it for my hubby to take to a luncheon along with some catalogs ;)

Yes please, yes please, yes pleaseeeeeeeee :D

I will never turn down a free treat recipe! :) Post away!

merego said:
You can do the amish bread in the large bar pan? How does that work?? I have batch that I am supposd to bake on Saturday.
I cook Amish bread in just about anything :) I spritz or grease with shortening just for the cinnamon sugar to stick to the pan, pour a wee bit of batter in - really just a little more than it takes to cover the bottom... you kind of have to play with it - sprinkle on more cinnamon sugar and bake at prescribed temperature until toothpick is clean.

You know, I used to get mad at my mom for recipes less oblique than this. I'm sorry! I know mine takes longer than cupcakes, mini-muffins, and individual cake pans, but shorter than loaves. Maybe 20 minutes?

What I like about them in the bar pan is that you get more edges! And edges are extra awesome when they're on our stoneware, and coated in cinnamon sugar.... yum!

merego said:
I will post it on the recipe file section also, I have had a few PM's for it that I have replied to already :)

I have made KAcey's 7 layer bars as well and they are yummy too.

I posted it on the recipe thread b/c I was too lazy, well actually tired to type it all out in the recipe files section.

KateD said:
I cook Amish bread in just about anything :) I spritz or grease with shortening just for the cinnamon sugar to stick to the pan, pour a wee bit of batter in - really just a little more than it takes to cover the bottom... you kind of have to play with it - sprinkle on more cinnamon sugar and bake at prescribed temperature until toothpick is clean.

You know, I used to get mad at my mom for recipes less oblique than this. I'm sorry! I know mine takes longer than cupcakes, mini-muffins, and individual cake pans, but shorter than loaves. Maybe 20 minutes?

What I like about them in the bar pan is that you get more edges! And edges are extra awesome when they're on our stoneware, and coated in cinnamon sugar.... yum!

Thanks, I am going to try that :)

KateD said:

What is Amish bread and may I have the recipe?

Kitchen Diva said:

I am not sure what the "starter recipe" is. Janetupnorth" would probably know. There was an entire thread on it not to long ago. My neighbor gave it to me and we have continued to switch back and forth so we always have bread every 10 days. Clint and Kyle LOVE, LOVE, LOVE:love::love::love::love: this bread. Let me look up the thread and see if the recipe is posted.

Kitchen Diva said:

Amish bread (aka Amish Friendship Bread, Friendship Bread, Edible Chain Letter, The Bread that Never Dies...) is a wonderfully delicious science project of a sweet sourdough.

There is a thread around here somewhere... aha! Here it is.

merego said:
I am not sure what the "starter recipe" is. Janetupnorth" would probably know. There was an entire thread on it not to long ago. My neighbor gave it to me and we have continued to switch back and forth so we always have bread every 10 days. Clint and Kyle LOVE, LOVE, LOVE:love::love::love::love: this bread. Let me look up the thread and see if the recipe is posted.

THanks my BFF, I seriously need to call you. Let's set a date and time and I will put it in my outlook calendar and call you!!! (once I have your number) so I can help you with photobucket!

Amish Cinnamon Friendship Bread Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many variants to this, but here is mine:

Per request:

Starter:
1 c. plain flour
1 c. sugar
1 c milk

Day 1: Receive starter (or make own).
Day 2: Mush in bag, twice a day.
Day 3: Mush in bag, twice a day.
Day 4: Mush in bag, twice a day.
Day 5: Add 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 c. milk and mush, let air out, transfer to larger bag if you didn't start with a big one.
Day 6: Mush in bag, let air out TWO times a day.
Day 7: Mush in bag, let air out TWO times a day.
Day 8 & 9: Do nothing.

Day 10 (Baking day): Add 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar and 1 c. milk

Take out three 1 c. portions of the mix and put into containers for 3 friends.

In remaining portion, add 1 c. oil, 1 c. sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 small box vanilla pudding, 2 tsp. vanilla, 1 c. walnuts (optional), 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 cup flour.

Grease/flour bundt pan (fluted pan) or 2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Optional icing: 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 c. pwd sugar, 4 tsp. hot milk.
Independent Consultant #511321
Wave 1 - 2008

merego said:
Amish Cinnamon Friendship Bread Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many variants to this, but here is mine:

Per request:

Starter:
1 c. plain flour
1 c. sugar
1 c milk

Day 1: Receive starter (or make own).
Day 2: Mush in bag, twice a day.
Day 3: Mush in bag, twice a day.
Day 4: Mush in bag, twice a day.
Day 5: Add 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 c. milk and mush, let air out, transfer to larger bag if you didn't start with a big one.
Day 6: Mush in bag, let air out TWO times a day.
Day 7: Mush in bag, let air out TWO times a day.
Day 8 & 9: Do nothing.

Day 10 (Baking day): Add 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar and 1 c. milk

Take out three 1 c. portions of the mix and put into containers for 3 friends.

In remaining portion, add 1 c. oil, 1 c. sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 small box vanilla pudding, 2 tsp. vanilla, 1 c. walnuts (optional), 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 cup flour.

Grease/flour bundt pan (fluted pan) or 2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Optional icing: 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 c. pwd sugar, 4 tsp. hot milk.
Independent Consultant #511321
Wave 1 - 2008

Okay, I have memory issues, and I'll forget to let it air out at least 5 times during that 10 day period. And how do you let it rest? Do you just open the bag and let air get to it? Man- being Amish is a LOT of work! LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
THanks my BFF, I seriously need to call you. Let's set a date and time and I will put it in my outlook calendar and call you!!! (once I have your number) so I can help you with photobucket!

ummmmmm BFF I gave you my number, you were supposed to call me 2 weeks ago, remember???:p;) hee hee Something came up on your end and then the weekend came and we just never got it together
:( I really spellchecka nd photobucket and can not get them figured out, still messing with it, no luck, I am a tard :(

I can just hear my poor DH now... "Hey hon, what are you making?" I'm making Amish Bread. "Mmmm, sounds good, when will it be done?" Well, let me put it this way, we could drive to South Carolina and back 5 times before the bread will actually be done. "Oh, well, let's go buy some doughnuts instead!"

merego said:
ummmmmm BFF I gave you my number, you were supposed to call me 2 weeks ago, remember???:p;) hee hee Something came up on your end and then the weekend came and we just never got it together
:( I really spellchecka nd photobucket and can not get them figured out, still messing with it, no luck, I am a tard :(

I never got your number. I'm sorry- I know it's been two weeks, and I have no excuses other than I suck as a friend and I'm very sorry. Please let me know what time I can call you tomorrow or this weekend and I will. Let me know what time during Central time I can phone you as you are an hour ahead of me.

Please forgive me for not calling you.

Kitchen Diva said:
Okay, I have memory issues, and I'll forget to let it air out at least 5 times during that 10 day period. And how do you let it rest? Do you just open the bag and let air get to it? Man- being Amish is a LOT of work! LOL

I keep mine in a ziploc and keep it open a few inches all the time. I keep mine out on my counter. My friend put it in her pantry and it fell over and the next morning she had batter everywhere, a big mess.
It is the gift that keeps on giving :) it tends to multiply once your neighbors stop answering the door once they see you coming with it :)

My husband was overly addicted last time. We kept two starters and short baked one and long baked another (a day early/a day late), keeping one of each, until we were making bread every five days. And we cooked a double batch because only so many people want starters. I gave away a lot of bread - shipping it crosscountry, even - and made a lot of people happier and fatter.And then got dead sick of it and quit.I should start up another batch.

Kitchen Diva said:
I can just hear my poor DH now... "Hey hon, what are you making?" I'm making Amish Bread. "Mmmm, sounds good, when will it be done?" Well, let me put it this way, we could drive to South Carolina and back 5 times before the bread will actually be done. "Oh, well, let's go buy some doughnuts instead!"

Ha ha... we mark it on our calendar and CLint and Kyle get so excited on "bread day" :) they hate day 6, but love day 10 b/c they get to eat it!!

I'll try it, but I'm calling you if I get confused. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I never got your number. I'm sorry- I know it's been two weeks, and I have no excuses other than I suck as a friend and I'm very sorry. Please let me know what time I can call you tomorrow or this weekend and I will. Let me know what time during Central time I can phone you as you are an hour ahead of me.

Please forgive me for not calling you.

oh you do not suck as a friend.
I am confused as to why I was sitting by the phone waiting for you to call, now I know, you didn't have my number. AM I a dunce or what????

Sorry AnnieBee, we highjacked your thread :(

merego said:
oh you do not suck as a friend.
I am confused as to why I was sitting by the phone waiting for you to call, now I know, you didn't have my number. AM I a dunce or what????

No, I still need to apologize- I was in the wrong, and I put my emotions and issues ahead of you after promising to help and if I can't be a person of my word then I am not walking in integrity, and you are important to me. So- pick a time and day and I will call you and send me your number...

Sorry anniebee for stealing your thread- we're bonding here over bar recipes and stuff! :) LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
No, I still need to apologize- I was in the wrong, and I put my emotions and issues ahead of you after promising to help and if I can't be a person of my word then I am not walking in integrity, and you are important to me. So- pick a time and day and I will call you and send me your number...

Sorry anniebee for stealing your thread- we're bonding here over bar recipes and stuff! :) LOL

girl......... I am e-mailing you :)

I could go for a peanut butter flavored bar cookie that would fit perfectly in the bar pan.MmmmmmSad to say, I don't have such a recipe :(

Smores SquaresCrust
14 graham crackers (approx. 2.5 cups crushed)
1/2 cup of butter melted
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven 350. For crust, finely chop crackers with the food chopper; place in small batter bowl. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Lg. Stoneware bar pan. Bake 10 minutes.

Filling & Topping
3 pkgs 8oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
4 graham crackers coarsley broken

For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, egss, and vanilla; mix until smooth. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over crust. (I used small spatula and it worked very well) Bake 12-18 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove to cooling rack. Immediately top with marshmallows, morsels and graham crackers. Cool to room temp. For eaier cutting refrigerate15 mins; cut into bars. Store covered in the refrigerator.

Yield: 32 bars:chef:

Ohmygoodness. Those smores bars sound delicious!!!

Almond bars are my favorite...yummy!...buy, I would imagine that you don't have almond paste readily available in your pantry. I buy a big can, divide it up, and free it until I'm ready to use some.

these are awesome my family can't get enough I even let them have them for breakfast (hey they have oatmeal in them and if they see me eating them for breakfast welllllll. ... ya know i have to share them) you won't be dissapointed and they are also good in the mmp
Family Favorite Fudge Jumbles recipe
This dessert is a favorite with my family I hope your family will enjoy it as well.Fudge Jumbles
CRUST:
1 cup margarine
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
FILLING:
cook the following over low heat until well blended
12 oz chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
2 TBSP margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp saltCream margarine & sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. add eggs & vanilla. Beat well. Combine remaining crust ingredients.
Spread 2/3 of the crust mixture onto barpan.
Pour filling over the crust.
Using medium stainless steel scoop add scoops of the crust mixture
Bake for 30 minutes @ 350 .

anyone have the Coffee House Bar Cookies Delightful Desserts 123 recipe? I don't have that book! Thanks!

DeeDee616 said:
anyone have the Coffee House Bar Cookies Delightful Desserts 123 recipe? I don't have that book! Thanks!

Here you go..

Coffee House Cookies
(Delightful Desserts...pg 123)

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, divided
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
2 (1.5-2 oz) bars favorite chocolate candy (like Milky Way, Snickers, Three Muskateers, etc)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. In Classic Batter Bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

2. Stir 2/3 cup of the nuts and 2/3 cup of the chocolate chunks into dough. Cut candy bars into small pieces, about the size of chocolate chunks; set aside.

3. Using Large Scoop, drop 6 level scoops of dough, 3 inches apart, onto Rectangle Stone. (Cookies will spread while baking). Flatten scoops slightly with palm of hand. Lightly press half of the remaining nuts, chocolate and candy into tops of cookies.

4. Bake 14-16 minutes or until cookies are almost set. (Centers will be soft. Do not overbake). Cool 7 minutes on Baking Stone. Using Large Serving Spatula, remove cookies to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.

Makes 1 dozen cookies.

A great pumpkin pie bar recipe is Pumpkin Pie `a la Easy from More Stoneware Sensations-a discontinued Pampered Chef Cookbook. Oh how wonderful it is!! It's good year round too!
Deb

KateD said:

I made the amish bread today in my bar pan and it turned out FABULOUS!!
Thank you for the tip. :)
DH and teenage DS and pretty much demolished the entire pan, which is good b/c I know it is not WW friendly :)

merego said:
I made the amish bread today in my bar pan and it turned out FABULOUS!!
Thank you for the tip. :)
DH and teenage DS and pretty much demolished the entire pan, which is good b/c I know it is not WW friendly :)

Did you prefer it to doing the bread in a loaf pan? And if so, why? I think we should call you the Baking Diva! Lemon bars, the 7 layer whatever they were and now the Amish Bread. All I've done in the last week was get the lemons yesterday for the bars. Haven't made them though LOL

<H2>1. What are some delicious and easy bar recipes for a large pan?</H2><p>Some delicious and easy bar recipes for a large pan include lemon bars, fruit crumble bars, peanut butter chocolate chip bars, and apple cinnamon bars. These recipes can easily be adapted to fit a larger pan by increasing the ingredients proportionally.</p><H2>2. Do you have any recommendations for bar recipes that do not require rice crispies?</H2><p>Yes, there are many bar recipes that do not require rice crispies. Some popular options include brownies, blondies, and cheesecake bars. You can also try using crushed graham crackers or crushed pretzels for a crunchy texture in your bars.</p><H2>3. Can you suggest a bar recipe that is not from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>Absolutely! A simple and delicious bar recipe that does not require any special equipment or ingredients is the classic seven layer bars. Layer graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, and condensed milk in a baking pan and bake until golden brown and set.</p><H2>4. How can I adapt a bar recipe to fit a larger pan?</H2><p>To adapt a bar recipe to fit a larger pan, you can simply double or triple the ingredients listed in the recipe. Make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as a larger pan may require a longer baking time.</p><H2>5. Can I use a Pampered Chef pan for making bars?</H2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality baking pans that are perfect for making bars. Some popular options include the Large Bar Pan and the Rectangle Stone. These pans are designed to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly baked bars every time.</p>

1. What are some delicious and easy bar recipes for a large pan?

Some delicious and easy bar recipes for a large pan include lemon bars, fruit crumble bars, peanut butter chocolate chip bars, and apple cinnamon bars. These recipes can easily be adapted to fit a larger pan by increasing the ingredients proportionally.

2. Do you have any recommendations for bar recipes that do not require rice crispies?

Yes, there are many bar recipes that do not require rice crispies. Some popular options include brownies, blondies, and cheesecake bars. You can also try using crushed graham crackers or crushed pretzels for a crunchy texture in your bars.

3. Can you suggest a bar recipe that is not from Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! A simple and delicious bar recipe that does not require any special equipment or ingredients is the classic seven layer bars. Layer graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, and condensed milk in a baking pan and bake until golden brown and set.

4. How can I adapt a bar recipe to fit a larger pan?

To adapt a bar recipe to fit a larger pan, you can simply double or triple the ingredients listed in the recipe. Make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as a larger pan may require a longer baking time.

5. Can I use a Pampered Chef pan for making bars?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality baking pans that are perfect for making bars. Some popular options include the Large Bar Pan and the Rectangle Stone. These pans are designed to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly baked bars every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered_Ashley
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • jchesley