• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!

In summary, the individual has decided not to pursue becoming a consultant due to lack of support from their spouse. They thank the forum for their help and express gratitude for the supportive and positive community. They share that their spouse struggles to understand their desire to become a consultant and to take time away from the family. Other members suggest reframing the reason for becoming a consultant to focus more on the fun, learning, and social aspects rather than just the extra income. The individual wishes everyone luck and may still pop in to the forum in the future.
WonderMonkey
My wife doesn't understand my desire to become a consultant so I am going to not go forward with it. She isn't, and never would, tell me 'no' but without her willing support I don't want to do it. And since I'm not going to be a consultant I don't think it would be productive to spend time here learning all about it.

I want to thank the forum and those that answered all my questions. This is a good community and I hope it grows and stays positive.

Aw shucks! Sorry to see you go! Sometimes its hard for our spouses to have the same passion as we do about our businesses. I make it a daily prayer that my husband see the passion in my heart and embrace it the best way he can.

Oh, that's really too bad! Maybe she'll come around in the future so you can give it a try.

Maybe it isn't goodbye. Maybe it's just TTFN (ta ta for now). I applaud your decision to respect your wife's position and wish you well.

Just so you know you don't HAVE to leave here. Hang out - other non-consultants or past consultant's do. If it makes you feel better, I waiting over 10 years to sign!!!! PC will be there when it is right for your family.

Ask the consultant that's working to recruit you to order you the book "Come to the Basement" - it's all about how to be a supportive spouse to you PC Consultant. It's small and VERY informative. My hubby read it front to back in just a few minutes. He's now the CEO of my company ... the Carry Everything Outer. I pack my bag before a show and he loads it in the car. When I come home from shows, he unloads my car & does the dishes, instructing me to sit down & do my data entry from the order forms. He's convinced that when he retires from the military, that I'll be established enough to support us and we won't have to touch his retirement money. ;)

If your consultant doesn't get it for you, PM me. I'll order it for you! :D

take care !!! come back when the time is right for you and your family.

We are sorry to see you go. However, I agree with other's that PC will be here when you and your wife are ready. I also applaud you for respecting your wife's position.

My DH has been very supportive, but last night he finally "got it" and how I feel about my business.

Good luck in whatever your future holds.

* peeking back in *My wife doesn't have any issues with supporting the things that I do, or me supporting the things she does. She does have an issue with *why* I want to do it. Both her and I make good money and we have no struggles there. We are debt free aside from our house payment, etc. So going to make some extra money doesn't make sense to her. I make extra money on the side to stay busy but I do it from 10PM to midnight writing software. To take time away from the family, which I am very involved with, doesn't click with her. I certainly can't fault her reasoning so I just left it at "I'd like to do it" and ended the series of discussions.

As far as the "why", why make it about extra money? How about getting awesome cooking tools (*that was my reason when I signed, then it became about extra money) and learning new recipes and tips, plus meeting great hosts and getting out for a hobby??

Maybe if you make it less about the MONEY she'll come around...

Sad to see you go, but I envy your relationship. Sounds like you guys are a very closeknit family.

As Rae said, TTFN....you never know! :)

And, feel free to *peek in* anytime! ;)

Everyone's "why" is different - I didn't sign for the money, I did it to get my self out of the house and have fun! I have met so many wonderful people, thru cluster meetings, hosts, guests, conference, here!!! You can make it something you can do together as well - its all how you look at it -

I wish you luck in whatever you end up deciding together. AND like Janet said, you can still come here whenever you want..........

chefsteph07 said:
As far as the "why", why make it about extra money? How about getting awesome cooking tools (*that was my reason when I signed, then it became about extra money) and learning new recipes and tips, plus meeting great hosts and getting out for a hobby??

Maybe if you make it less about the MONEY she'll come around...

I didn't make it about money. It was more that I wanted to do it. Yes there are free and/or lower cost PC items but from her point of view she would rather just buy the stuff and not have me be too busy (which I tend to be). She doesn't want me to work myself into the hospital (which I have done) when we could easily buy the stuff if we wanted.

Oh, I thought in your previous post you had stated that your wife didn't want you doing it because you didn't need the extra money...

Well...good luck, hopefully you will join us when the time is right!

My husband felt exactly the way your wife does during the first year with PC (8 years later!). But once I involved all of them with my business...it changed his mind. Occassionally he comes with me to my shows as well as my daughter. Before my son started working, he did too. Once I FIGURED OUT I wasn't spending the "night time" time with them...that's when it became a problem. Make it about THEM, not just you. (sounding like recruiting folks too...make it about them and they will sign)

Best wishes to you and your family ~

Ah, WonderMonkey, I hope you stick around the forum - if only to be with like-minded friends. I do understand your wife's position, and agree it would be difficult without her support. But, we'll miss you here if you leave us completely!

chefsteph07 said:
Oh, I thought in your previous post you had stated that your wife didn't want you doing it because you didn't need the extra money...

Well...good luck, hopefully you will join us when the time is right!

Well true... that's one of the reasons she doesn't understand. But if the family NEEDED money and the kids were doing without we would put personal wants and time with the family and do what needs to be done to provide for them. But since we are not in that situation she can't see why I would want to trade that time to do PC.

My Hubby did not support me either when I first started (04/08). :cry: He still has his moments. But I like getting out and I love the products. So I guess this is about me and not him. If it was causing a problem with my marriage, then I would not do it. I can understand your wifes' point of view about the trading of time. My family is my most important bond and they come first. :love:

Spend time with them. She might tell you to go do PC just to get you out of her hair!!!! :eek: Just kidding. If this is where you are supposed to be, then God will make the way for you to be here. If not, then maybe now is not the right time to be with PC. Put this in His hands, and then see what plans He has for you.

Related to Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!

1. What is "Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!"?

"Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef to say goodbye to the company's forum platform. It will be a celebration of the community built on the forum and a chance to connect with other consultants before the forum officially closes.

2. When will "Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!" take place?

The virtual event will take place on Friday, June 25th at 7pm CDT. It will be a live event, so be sure to mark your calendars and join in on the fun!

3. How do I register for "Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!"?

Registration is simple! Just visit the Pampered Chef Events page and click on the registration link for "Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!" Once registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the live event.

4. Will there be any special guests at "Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!"?

Yes, there will be special guests joining us for this event! Stay tuned for more information on who will be joining us for the celebration.

5. Can I invite my friends and family to "Farewell to Thee, Oh Pampered Chef Forum!"?

Yes, you are welcome to invite anyone you'd like to join in on the fun and say goodbye to the forum with us. Just make sure they register for the event so they can receive the necessary information to join the live event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ecou2018
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ecou2018
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm