• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Failed Plans, Disappointment: My Quest for SS3 Kit

In summary, Tiffany was close to earning a bonus of free products, but one of her hosts canceled on her. She tried one of the "Friday" sales, but it only brought her $175. She then tried reaching out to people she knows, but they were not willing to help her before they helped themselves. She ended up hosting the show herself.
mom2leelee
I just knew for sure I was going to get my SS3 kit this month. I am only $150 away and was supposed to have a show last night and tonight so I knew I had it in the bag. Well yesterday w/in an hour BOTH of my hosts called to cancel on me. BLAH, I'm soooo dissapointed! One of the hosts is going to try to get a catalog show together and I'm calling in all the favors I can from friends and family.

The other thing I'm bummed about is that I only have 2 kshows, 3cattys and a fundraiser so far for Nov. I was counting on these last two shows to give me a booking a piece. Gosh, this sucks!

That is a bummer, the bad thing is the bookings but at least you have some on the calendar for Nov:) Did you really want the ss3 bonus? In my opinion i'd cover whatever you couldn't get out of the favors myself to get those products, I know every host has gotten the bowls therefore would make a product to have the same with the cillzanne that's the product that got me started with pc :) good luck with the favors... and hopefully getting those canceled parties to book in NOv :) ~tiffany p

I'm hoping the one host still pulls though w/ a catty show and the other host rescheduled for Feb since she wants the 2 pieces of stoneware. I am def. thinking I might just purchase a few christmas presents to make up the differance.

If your married having your hubby "host" a party for your or one of your children. SInce your so close to your SS3!!!

mom2leelee said:
I just knew for sure I was going to get my SS3 kit this month. I am only $150 away and was supposed to have a show last night and tonight so I knew I had it in the bag. Well yesterday w/in an hour BOTH of my hosts called to cancel on me. BLAH, I'm soooo dissapointed! One of the hosts is going to try to get a catalog show together and I'm calling in all the favors I can from friends and family.

The other thing I'm bummed about is that I only have 2 kshows, 3cattys and a fundraiser so far for Nov. I was counting on these last two shows to give me a booking a piece. Gosh, this sucks!

Oh good luck! It can be so frustrating with people cancelling. If you can afford it, I would personally just buy the extra $150 to get to the bonus. Maybe send out a e-mail for a Halloween sale?

You could try one of those "Friday" sales tomorrow! Don't give up till midnight on Halloween; the month ain't over till it's over:) Let people know your goal, and I'm sure they'll help you out! If you don't want to do a sale, just call EVERYONE you can think of....say "I'm trying to earn a bonus of free products and I'm so close to my goal...is there anything you need to order to help me reach my goal?"
Being that close; I'm sure you can do it!

lacychef said:
You could try one of those "Friday" sales tomorrow! Don't give up till midnight on Halloween; the month ain't over till it's over:) Let people know your goal, and I'm sure they'll help you out! If you don't want to do a sale, just call EVERYONE you can think of....say "I'm trying to earn a bonus of free products and I'm so close to my goal...is there anything you need to order to help me reach my goal?"
Being that close; I'm sure you can do it!

I tried 1 friday sale , it brought me $175 Extra sales that I wouldn't have had otherwise! Try it, you just never know!!!

I have found being 'inches' from a goal is a great tool - IF you share that fact with people you know. Don't be afraid to tell them, "I am only one show away from a major goal this month and I could really use your help. Would you help me by hosting [pick the one that will work best for them] 1) an Express show 2) a quick business lunch show 3) a catalog show 4) or just 4) ordering some holiday gifts through me at a discount?"
You will find that people will often help you before they help themselves. I guy I know at church who always ordered but always turned down hosting a party for 9 months; I said "Frank, I am only one or two shows away from a goal... would you consider having a show for me?" "Sure!!" Could have knocked me over with a feather. He ended up having a $1000 show w/4 bookings and now is a confirmed Pampered Chef customer. BTW - He wants to know why they don't market men's tools this way. <g>

Thanks for all of the encouragement ladies!! My host from Sunday (who is also my cousin) just called to close her show. When I mentioned that I was about $120 short she asked for a few more days and told me she would try her hardest to get that amount in extra orders. I am going to take a catalog to the elementary school chili supper tomorrow and see if I can scrounge up any orders there. I am SOOO glad I found this website. My director is an hour away and a long distance phone call. I one of 2 consultants I know of in my county and I don't personally know the other girl so it's super nice having people to bounce ideas off of and who can relate!!

Dont give up. I was like that too and I had my sister do a show. (she didnt have a choice) I was able to push her a little harder than an average host... she had 2 DAYS to get me orders, came out to be a little over $700 and 2 bookings. I was STUNNED. She has done two shows for me and I think she owns more pampered chef stuff than I do, go figure!!!

which part of ky are you from? Who is your director?

I'm from Union County my director is out of Evansville, IN

Hi everyone.
I am new to pampered Chef, I'm in my second super starter month.
Can you please tell me what this "Friday sale" is?

When you need to find something try going into the files section and punch up a key word. Like "Friday" and it pulls up what you are looking for. I found it and am posting it for ya.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS -- AND WHY ITS FABULOUS!
I sit by the phone all day, and you call in your orders. There will be HOURLY SPECIALS, RANDOM FREEBIES, SHOPPING SPREES, and other SURPRISE BONUSES!

HOURLY SPECIALS
• 10am to 11am: Tax-Free zone. All orders this hour are tax-free
• 11am to Noon: Simple Additions sale – purchase the Essential Set and get the Large Serving Tongs FREE!
• Noon to 1pm: LUNCH TIME – e-mail orders get a FREE gift if you let me eat in peace!
• 1pm-2pm: All products containing an 'F' for Fabulous Friday, 10% off!
• 2pm-3pm: All orders this hour entered into a drawing for the Small Bar Pan.
• 3pm-4pm: Quiz Pick - You have 30 seconds to identify a product from a quiz question. You get it right – it's yours!
• 4pm-5pm: free gift with every order this hour
• 5pm-6pm: If your name has an 'F' for Fabulous Friday in it, 10% off!
• 6pm-7pm: DINNER BREAK – e-mail orders get a Seasons Best Recipe Collection FREE!
• 7pm-8pm: All men placing orders get a Seasons Best Recipe Collection.
• 8pm-9pm: Be entered to win a Classic Batter Bowl. One entry for each $15 you spend.
• 9pm-10pm: First caller this hour gets a half price item!

SHOPPING SPREES
• I would appreciate it if you would invite a friend to benefit from this Phone Sale- IN FACT, when you refer 5 or more people to my Fabulous Friday sale, you will WIN A SHOPPING SPREE! The more people you refer, the BIGGER your spree will be! The spree is based on orders placed by your referrals.

Ps. You can vary the hourly sale options of course to suit your needs or shorten the time period. When I did mine I think I did it from 8-2pm and got $175 in sales just for sitting at home checking my email!

Good luck to those who try it!

Katie: let us know how it all turns out:D

OK, so you are in SS#3... So I am assuming that you have some customers.

If you don't mind my suggestion... Do CC calls! Have their receipts in front of you. "Hi ___ its Katie. I met you at ___'s cooking show. I just wanted to call and thatnk you for your order. How are things going? How are you liking your ___? Do you have any questions? Did you get everything you wanted? (YES/NO) OK Great. Well, Thanks again for your order and if there is ever anything you need, just give me a call. Do you mind if I call your periodically to let you know about upcoming sales and specials?"

NO ONE gets everything they want! You will be surprised at how many people will need to order something or have a question! You can very likely wind up with some shows out of it!

Thanks!Thanks for the information.

So who do you generally give this friday sale to? I mean, who are the people calling in the orders? Do you just send out mass emails, let all friends, former hosts know and then just let them call in orders? So all this freebie and discounts is actually coming out of your own pocket, right?

I have not had my first cooking show yet, I've had an open house with only 3 of my best friends showing up. I had a Children's pampered chef halloween party lastnight and only one family showed up!!! So far I've only had catalog shows. SO I'm trying to get my calendar filled up. I have my first booked show in Nov. and another catalog show.
I need all the help I can get with bookings.

Mass email to all of my 160 contacts. But if you dont' have a big list yet I guess just send to who you have!

pampurredmom said:
I have not had my first cooking show yet, I've had an open house with only 3 of my best friends showing up. I had a Children's pampered chef halloween party lastnight and only one family showed up!!! So far I've only had catalog shows. SO I'm trying to get my calendar filled up. I have my first booked show in Nov. and another catalog show.
I need all the help I can get with bookings.
That's ok... you can always call anyone who has purchased from you--catalogs or cooking shows!

for me bookings came difficult at first, too. so what did i do? i started doing booths at festivals, craft fairs and getting exposure. it was much easier for me to talk to strangers than to my friends and family about have parties. I would love to do a show for you came much easier than ... would you like to book a show? so, the old saying is true...it is not what you say it is how you say it. good luck and hey you are at a great time of the year where craft shows are at an abundance. go get some. look in your local newspaper.

Bookings still come difficult for me as well, I have to remeber that maybe's are yes too..... I jsut have to talk to them to find out why they aren't solid on bookign a date. Rerfer back to previous hostess if you can, as well as previous customers. Good LUCK!!

Thanks for all of the support ladies! I made it by the skin of my teeth..lol.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What is "SS3 Kit" and why is it important?

"SS3 Kit" refers to the third installment of the popular kitchen tool collection from Pampered Chef called the Simple Solutions (SS) series. It is important because it offers innovative and practical solutions to common kitchen tasks, making cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. Why did your quest for the SS3 Kit fail?

Unfortunately, the SS3 Kit is no longer available as it was a limited edition collection. Despite my efforts to find it, I was unable to locate any remaining stock or inventory.

3. Can I still purchase the SS3 Kit?

As mentioned, the SS3 Kit is no longer available for purchase. However, you can still find some of the tools from the collection individually on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Will there be a fourth installment of the Simple Solutions series?

At this time, there are no plans for a fourth installment of the Simple Solutions series. However, we are constantly working on developing new and innovative kitchen tools to add to our collection.

5. Can you recommend any alternative products to the SS3 Kit?

While there may not be an exact replacement for the SS3 Kit, we have a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets that can help make meal prep and cooking easier. I would recommend checking out our website or consulting with a Pampered Chef representative to find the right tools for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Muppetgal
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Muppetgal
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • cathyt