• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Facebook--Separate Profile for Your Biz?

In summary, many people are trying different things to see what suits them best. Some are keeping their personal and professional Facebook pages separate, others are creating separate profiles for their business and personal lives, and a few are doing both. There is no right or wrong answer, and the best way to figure out what will work best for you is to try different things and see what works best.
chefkathy
Just curious what y'all plan on doing and why.

I know several of you have already made a new profile for yourself as "independent consultant."

Not sure what I'm going to do....

I am keeping my personal one and now I will mention Pampered Chef from time to time. I am excited to do this without worrying about breaking rules! I would say a large percentage of my facebook friends are Pampered Chef hosts and customers. I already pay attention to what I say on there to make sure I don't offend anyone so that won't change, really the only thing I post is funny things my kids say or do.

I'm doing both. A friend of mine has a separate page for her biz so I get her personal and professional updates. I like that I get both and they are separate... and if I want biz info from her, I can check that spot specifically...

I'm trying to decide what to do too. For now I think I'll keep my FB page and put out a few PC tidbits here and there. I may end up doing purely a biz one, but then it means contacting lots of people to see if they want to be on that one. Not too many of my FB friends are soley hosts or customers. Maybe about 15 or so.

I'm also trying to figure out what to do about Tasty Tidbits vs. PWS newsletters. I think I'll spend my time weeding out and "fixing" my Customer Connection contacts (I totally let those go when I started doing iContact through Tasty Tidbits and didn't remove those who unsubscribed from TT and I KNOW I need to go in and at least do that). That way, those contacts are updated if I decide to use the PWS newsletter and at least they're updated so I can do some of the PWS emails if I want. Just not sure what to do about that either.

I did the online trainings today and she states on there that FB does not want (can't recall if she said "allow") for one person to have more than one profile. She said they do random audits and will take away the persons page if they find two profiles for the same person. If any of you have done the trainings and heard this or heard it differently than I did, please correct me here. I created a group today and had super response so far with friends accepting invites.

quiverfull7 said:
I did the online trainings today and she states on there that FB does not want (can't recall if she said "allow") for one person to have more than one profile. She said they do random audits and will take away the persons page if they find two profiles for the same person. If any of you have done the trainings and heard this or heard it differently than I did, please correct me here. I created a group today and had super response so far with friends accepting invites.

I heard that on the training too. She said it's not allowed. I do know several people who have more than one but one is inactive. I know I started one a long time ago at the suggestion of a friend and then forgot I had it. When I saw that it was there I deleted it. I would not want to keep up with more than one.

She said that by creating a customer group (with their permission) you could give them more direct info about PC. She also said that we should really consider that everyone in the world can see what we have up there and consider that before posting anything.

I read the policy guide and it says you can as long as it's set to private, friends only.

Hmmm.............

I heard that FB won't let you have more than one profile, but the PC business-only one can be set as a GROUP, so that's how it's different. Not sure since I haven't done the training yet, but that's how a consultant at our meeting last night described it and she listened to the training.

I went back and listened again. The PC Business group is set up as a part of your profile, not as a separate profile. I think that is how It is. I am working on setting my group up and have had great response so far. Actually am booking a show later today with one younger gal who casually knew that I did PC but when I invited her, she messaged right away about wanting to do a show. To be very honest, I did not expect to get bookings activity via FB. I really thought it would be more recipe chatter ect. and that may be what the majority is but Wahoo!

There is a link on the Official PC Page to set up your own Fan Page.

Noora - over on CS - emailed HO and asked if the Fan Page had to be private, and was told No, only a Group has to be private. The biggest difference that I can figure out is that if it's a group, then status updates can't be seen on your newsfeed...and people have to be invited to join.

I just went and shut down the group I started yesterday, and created a Fan Page!

This is SO confusing to me! Thanks Becky! SO... is a fan page interactive? and could you just slide your group people over to the fan page? Help!!!

quiverfull7 said:
This is SO confusing to me! Thanks Becky! SO... is a fan page interactive? and could you just slide your group people over to the fan page? Help!!!

It is interactive. I was playing around, and found out that because it's on the same account, it has the same privacy settings as my personal page, but you can see the status updates, etc...without going to the actual page (with a group you have to go to the page)

I sent a PM to all of the people who had joined my group and just explained to them what I was doing - apologized for the kinks as I was getting it set up, and then deleted them all from the group (that's the only way to delete the group) and sent them all a request to "Like" my new fan page.

Does that make sense?

Hope this helps...I took a FB for professionals workshop awhile back and Fan pages are defiantly the way to go for the business. I’m still building mine and haven't published it yet, sorry. But the fan page is allowed as a second profile page as it were, as are group pages. But with group pages your are limited as to how many messages are sent out per day and the fan page is not. Plus your fan page is 100% indexed by the search engines where the group and personal pages are just partially indexed. There is a lot you can do with the fan page and as I have moments of time I will be glad to post what I have learned.

kcont said:
Hope this helps...I took a FB for professionals workshop awhile back and Fan pages are defiantly the way to go for the business. I’m still building mine and haven't published it yet, sorry. But the fan page is allowed as a second profile page as it were, as are group pages. But with group pages your are limited as to how many messages are sent out per day and the fan page is not. Plus your fan page is 100% indexed by the search engines where the group and personal pages are just partially indexed. There is a lot you can do with the fan page and as I have moments of time I will be glad to post what I have learned.

I would love to hear what you've learned! I just set up my Fan Page!

Ok, call me chicken! I called Career Solutions today and asked very specifically about this and was asked to email them very detailed questions about what I was wondering about so I did that. I'm waiting to hear. I am just not clear on how HO feels about the fan page which is certainly what I would like to do but want a clear answer from them on it.

I'm thinking I might delete mine... keeping up with ONE MORE THING does not sound appealing to me right now!

I have to just say that I want a seperate page because I am VERY selective about who can see the pics of my kids. I have them posted because I have family in other states on Facebook and it helps them keep up.
But when I was growing up I was friends with a boy who was friended by someone who picked his pic out of the newspaper and then rape and killed him. So It may sound like I'm being a really over protective mom but I have good reason.
Anyway I set one up but now have to go back and figure out if I set it as a group page or a fan page. I put the address in my newsletter and offered a free season's best for liking my page and I already have people signed up. So I can see who is reading the newsletter.

Just my thoughts on it

Noora on CS asked very specifically about creating a PAGE (not a group) and was told that it was totally within the guidelines....and it doesn't have to be set to private.

finley1991 said:
I'm thinking I might delete mine... keeping up with ONE MORE THING does not sound appealing to me right now!

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking of NOT creating a page. I have lots of hosts and customers who are my friends already and I don't want to make them follow me twice, if that makes sense. Pampered Chef is part of my LIFE, so I think just one profile is enough. LOL

DebbieJ said:
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking of NOT creating a page. I have lots of hosts and customers who are my friends already and I don't want to make them follow me twice, if that makes sense. Pampered Chef is part of my LIFE, so I think just one profile is enough. LOL

That's how I'm feeling!

FYI for those on FB today, there are some glitches in the "Edit Page" button, so don't freak out if you can't edit today. Hoping it's fixed by tomorrow! I wanted to delete a page and couldn't....so I made another and now I have 2 (darn it!). Will delete one when I can access the "edit" function.

Do you think that all of us PC consultants caused this????? YIKES~:blushing:

It's all fixed. Geez, we really can cause havoc, can't we? :devil:

Related to Facebook--Separate Profile for Your Biz?

1. How do I create a separate Facebook profile for my Pampered Chef business?

To create a separate Facebook profile for your Pampered Chef business, you will need to sign up for a new account using a different email address than your personal account. You can then use this new account to represent your business and connect with potential customers.

2. Is it necessary to have a separate Facebook profile for my Pampered Chef business?

While it is not necessary to have a separate Facebook profile for your Pampered Chef business, it is highly recommended. This will allow you to keep your personal and professional lives separate and maintain a professional image for your business.

3. Can I link my Pampered Chef business page to my personal Facebook profile?

Yes, you can link your Pampered Chef business page to your personal Facebook profile. This will allow you to easily switch between your personal and business accounts and share posts and updates from your business page to your personal profile.

4. Can I use my personal Facebook profile to promote my Pampered Chef business?

While you can share information about your Pampered Chef business on your personal Facebook profile, it is not recommended to solely use your personal profile to promote your business. Creating a separate profile for your business will allow you to better target and connect with potential customers.

5. What type of content should I post on my Pampered Chef business Facebook page?

You should post a variety of content on your Pampered Chef business Facebook page, including product updates, recipes, cooking tips, customer testimonials, and promotions. It's important to keep your content engaging and relevant to your target audience to attract and retain followers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • DebPC