1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Facebook Parties

1. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

thanks for getting back to us on this..I messaged Duska but she said, "it's complicated" and I worked on it for hours and couldn't figure it out..I am going to check on this link..thanks again

Sep 15, 2012
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Maybe email her back the link in the previous post, so in the future she can share that with anyone else that might ask her...

Sep 16, 2012
  3. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

Yay! Since we're able to do simple HTML (bold face, italics, underline) on our websites, I was also able to use those same link directions to post links on my PC website. I now have a news section with links to my facebook and Pinterest pages as well as links for the host specials within my Upcoming Specials section. I'll likely do links to the recipe books from there too. Excited about this. :D

Sep 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

not sure where to post this
    I had a host's show as a FB event and had been posting recipes, etc. She just closed her show so I have not cancelled the event. 13 hours ago someone posted on my page
    "Stop sending me things!" I have only posted and not sent anything. I am wondering if since she was 'invited' she kept getting the posts in her news feed. I did send her a private apology message saying I had not sent any thing to individuals and only posted on the host's party page. I do not expect to hear from her and really do not need to. Am I misunderstanding this? Do the posts go directly to the guests the host lists?

Sep 26, 2012
  5. NooraK

No, the posts do not go directly to the guests. If she had wanted to stop seeing the stuff, she needed to decline the invitation to the party.

Sep 26, 2012
  6. byrd1956

boy am I glad it wasn't me.....

Sep 26, 2012
  7. NooraK

I think you handled it well, though. Just like you mentioned, a message stating that you're not sending anything directly, that you're just posting to the wall of the party, to which Host invited Guest to.

Actually, I would recommend you comment on her post on your page. It serves two purposes: a) your other fans see that you respond to the issue, instead of ignoring it and b) if Guest isn't savvy enough to know you're not sending stuff, she's not savvy enough to know where her "other" messages are, and won't see your private message. You can word something like this:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I see you've been invited to Host's Facebook party, and you must be seeing the tips I have been posting on that event in your News Feed. You can click "Decline" on the event page to remove the tips from your News Feed. I also sent you a private message that you can find in your "Other" messages within your Messages section.

Sep 27, 2012
  8. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It's all in her settings. She is receiving e-mails every time someone posts to the event. People can change this in their notification settings. It is set up that way by default. If people don't want e-mail notifications, they need to go in and change that in their preferences.

*And if they don't want to be notified of things, they just need to RSVP to the events and "decline" them. It's very simple. It's too bad people just like to grumble and not look into things and see if they can help themselves.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Sep 27, 2012
  9. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Someone made this and shared it on the FB group for PC FB parties. I think it's a great thing to share as the first post of the party so people see it right off the bat. ;)

Attached Files:

Sep 27, 2012
  10. byrd1956

So now I have another question. I go to edit on the show event and type in the host's name, hit save and it never saves. Haven't had this problem before.... Any suggestions?

Sep 27, 2012
  11. byrd1956

The guest that wanted me to stop sending things sent me a pm today. It said "Apology accepted. You have a great product, I just cannot afford it!" I was tempted to reply with the list of all products under $20.

Sep 28, 2012
  12. byrd1956

I have tried in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Can't make any host the host. Are there any saavy fb event people out there??

Sep 28, 2012
  13. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

Under the settings of the event (the spokes like wheel on the upper right of the event), you can add administrators/hosts.

Oct 1, 2012
  14. byrd1956

nothing is listed there and now all the posts I have made in any of the shows are gone! anyone else having this happen??

Nov 16, 2012
  15. byrd1956

it is not there and now the posts I have already made in shows are not there.....

Nov 16, 2012
  16. I too have gotten this kind of reaction from the guests who were invited. I simply did what you did and I apologized through their public comment as well! I never meant to upset anyone. I also posted a polite post to the rest of the other guests advising them that I do post daily with recipes and "products/gift sets of the day" (which has increased the total sales through FB parties to beat out my actual cooking parties) and let them know that if they didn't want to see the posts or be bothered with the notifications that they could message me privately so that I can remove them from the invite list or they can simply hit decline in the event itself. I now use a simple disclaimer from the get go. I had one person who cursed me out in a private message and made me feel really low but I apologized, removed him from the party and went on my merry way! By the way that FB party hit $722 in guest sales! My host was so thrilled!

Nov 29, 2012
  17. jjpellinen

jjpellinen Gold Member

Thank you for the ideas, I was looking for games to play. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know about them! So far I did the first order gets $5.00 off. I am ready to play a game so I can get more participation.

Mar 7, 2013
  18. This is great...I love the Banner!!!!:thumbup::chef::rolleyes:

Mar 7, 2013
  19. mspibb

mspibb Member Gold Member

I have been very resistant to doing Facebook shows because I have to say I get sick of seeing the posts from other Consultants with whom I am friends. It is a real pain especially on my Blackberry where I have very little control over blocking posts. I am friends with several other Consultants who seem to do incessant Facebook shows and they post status update after status update telling people it's the last chance to order on So-and-so's show! Over it!

Mar 7, 2013
  20. ChefPeg

ChefPeg Advanced Member Gold Member

Those consultants need to run the shows from their personal FB profiles and set the privacy status of them to "invite only." That way, you won't see the incessant postings.

Mar 8, 2013
  21. byrd1956

When I try to post (as consultant)in an event I have on my page I cannot get to the event page. When I click it just shows the swirly thing like it is going to the page. When I go to the event as myself it goes right away and I can make a post. Never had this problem before and just started a couple days ago. I've always been able to pot on the events as consultant. Thank you to anyone that can help me with this.

Mar 23, 2013
  22. byrd1956

bummer, I guess no one can help me....
    now when I make a post in the event page it says I am posting as the consultant, but the image is me as myself!
    Anyone out there tech saavy??

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    Mar 24, 2013
  23. byrd1956

and when I try to go to an event page from my PCFB page (logged in as consultant) it says page cannot be displayed

Mar 25, 2013
  24. I've only done a couple of FB parties so far, but I set it up from my personal page. I gave info for my business page. I play a points game and gave people points for "liking" my business page. I post different things on a FB show than on my business FB page that I would only want guests to see. Both parties closed around $300

Apr 10, 2013
Have something to add?