• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experiences Grilling with Corn Holders - Have You Had This Happen?

In summary, the use and care card says you can put them in the corn on the grill, but they melted into the foil and are all ruined.
missmindym
Anyone have any experiene grilling with these. The use and care says you can put them in the corn and put the corn on the grill as long as you use heavy duty foil. I did this on Friday and my foil says heavy duty on the package, but I guess it wasn't heavy duty enough because the holders melted into the foil and they are all ruined. :cry: I'm really upset about it, but dont know if PC will replace them for me or if I'm just out of luck :confused:. Anyone else had this happen?

I'd definitely call HO about that if you did what it says on the U&C!!

I've only used them in boiling water and they were fine

Yep - happened to me the first time I used them!

Actually, we haven't used them since then.....

I melted mine on the grill too. Thought it sounded like a good idea to put them in before grilling corn in the grill basket. Uh Oh! Do you have any idea how hard I worded to get the melted green goop off my grill basket???? Hope someone else can learn from our mistakes!

I think they would melt I haven't tired them. But i use them when boiling and they are fine. I sell alot of them maybe i won't tell them that they can use them on BBQ

I too wouldn't put them on the grill. But they do work wonders in boiling water.

rennea said:
I too wouldn't put them on the grill. But they do work wonders in boiling water.

Well, I wouldn't have put them on the grill if it hadn't said that I could on the use and care card. The U&C card is something I usually would throw away, but I've actually started reading these things now that I'm a consultant, lol. But it didn't pay off for me this time.

I just used mine for the first time yesterday and I DID NOT read the U & C first thank goodness. Otherwise I'd be in the same boat!!! But they sure are hard to put in when they're hot!!!:blushing:

Related to Experiences Grilling with Corn Holders - Have You Had This Happen?

1. Can I use the corn holders on other types of food, or just corn?

Yes, the corn holders are designed to work on a variety of foods such as hot dogs, sausages, and even vegetables like zucchini and eggplant.

2. How many corn holders come in a set?

Each set comes with 8 corn holders, enough for 4 ears of corn.

3. Are the corn holders dishwasher safe?

Yes, the corn holders are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can I use the corn holders on a grill that uses gas or charcoal?

Yes, the corn holders are compatible with both gas and charcoal grills.

5. What is the best way to store the corn holders when not in use?

It is recommended to store the corn holders in a dry and cool place to ensure their longevity. You can also use the included storage case for added protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies