• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Mobile Version of CS - A New Feature by Greg!

In summary, when the browser is open, you can change the mobile view to "normal view" or "full view." The chat box does not work on the mobile version.
babywings76
Gold Member
So while I was at my kids' karate class, I tried coming onto CS on my iPod Touch. It loaded very differently all of a sudden. It turned it into a mobile version. I couldn't access the full site like I normally do. Has anyone else seen this version? Is it a new thing Greg did?

It must be - same thing on my iPod touch - never seen it like this before!

Yes, When I open it in dolphin, it says ChefSuccess Mobile. Another giveaway is if there is a .m somewhere in the web address, then you know it went to a mobile view.

You can turn off mobile view in your phone browser and websites will look like they do on your computer. When the browser is open, go to settings and check or uncheck mobile view (depending on the wording)...but it will say something about mobile view. That is how my android phone works. Not sure how/if it can be changed on an iphone.

Last edited:
I don't like like the mobile version that just popped up. On the bottom it says Normal Version but when I click it, it does nothing. I have an Iphone and can't figure out to uninstall this version.

In this new version, I couldn't figure out how to post a thread. So far I don't like it. I like accessing the full site.

I agree it is a mess and I do not like it. :(
Hope it gets fixed...

I must be the only one excited! I was shocked when I just logged on moments ago!

The chat box on the iphone does not work. And I am bummin.

ritabenson said:
The chat box on the iphone does not work. And I am bummin.

The full version is too small for the iphone, no?

I don't know how to get the full version to work, I hit the button and it didn't change it.

I am not opposed to the mobile but I would really like the full version to work on my phone. Maybe I just need to get used to the mobile but finding stuff is harder and unread posts seem to be starting at the beginning and not first unread which is annoying.

Me no likey at all; much prefer the non mobile version

I couldn't get it to let me sign in. Hope I can figure it out.

MHouting said:
I must be the only one excited! I was shocked when I just logged on moments ago!
It works for me with my little pocket Ouija Board.

This my second post using CSM.

I can't get to ANYTHING! I get a home screen etc, and a few buttons like menu, back, normal version, but none of them do anything when I click on them. The Chat box heading is there, but no content. I can't read any posts. Using a Blackberry. (sorry my phone isn't as "smart" as some others, but it does what I want....or at least in USED to! ) Not excited about this with Spring Launch on Sat....want to be able to interact! :( :(

When I click menu, I get an option for new posts. Did you try that? It seems to work ok that way but like I complained before I cant find a way to jump to first unread in a thread. I have decided I dont like this. the non mobile worked fine on my phone. Did anyone have issue w the old version on phones?

It is "ok" for me for now. It is easier for me to read on my droid. As long as there remains a way to use the "Normal version" and we don't get forced to just use mobile, I would be ok with it. Usually mobile versions of sites annoy me since they don't include the part of the site I am looking for, just what the designer THINKS I want.EDIT: the above was post on the mobile version easy enough, but I wasnt able to go back to the "normal version". The button is there, but it didnt switch. For me, i would be ok with the mobile version i guess.

Nope..nothing about new posts (which is the way I ALWAYS enjoy this site) When I first log in I get the VBulletin message that there are no new posts. Pushing menu button takes me back and forth between that screen and the incomplete chat box screen. Neither with any content on them.
DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE! Make it go away!!!

ok i've disabled it, thanks for the feedback

Thanks a million. :) lots better. :)

Thank You!!

:) :) :) Thanks.....maybe you can find something else that works for everyone!

Admin Greg said:
ok i've disabled it, thanks for the feedback

I think it's a great idea... Just needs bugs worked out. ;)

1187603408CRMother_Goose-tears_and_.gif

What is the mobile version of CS?

The mobile version of CS is a new feature designed by Greg that allows users to access and use the CS platform on their mobile devices.

How do I access the mobile version of CS?

You can access the mobile version of CS by logging into your account on your mobile device and clicking on the "Mobile Version" button on the top right corner of the page.

What features are available on the mobile version of CS?

The mobile version of CS offers most of the same features as the desktop version, including creating and editing content, managing your account, and communicating with other users.

Is the mobile version of CS compatible with all devices?

Yes, the mobile version of CS is compatible with most smartphones and tablets, regardless of the operating system.

Can I switch back to the desktop version of CS?

Yes, you can switch back to the desktop version of CS at any time by clicking on the "Desktop Version" button on the top right corner of the page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies