• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Excited for Disney: Parenting Dilemma - To Tell or Not to Tell?

In summary, the author is excited about a trip to Disneyworld, but is worried about her kids asking her all the time if she has earned it yet. She decides to tell them when she first joins PC, but is unsure if her kids will be too excited.
I am so excited to be going to Disney!!!!! It means that I am also shooting for over twice the number of points that I have had these past two years. I have ordered the DVD, and want to find a poster to put on my wall to keep me motivated. Since I won't get the support from my director, I will count on all my cheffer friends to keep me motivated as well!

I'm not going. I'd have to do 2-3 shows a week. There is no way with my family life I am willing to do that even for Disney:)!

I am going! I made posters to put up in my room that say, "Is what you are currently doing going to get you where you want to be?" "Let's make magic!" "You can do it!" and "Hey Baby! Let's Go to Disney!"

I refuse to give up! I am going to make this happen!!!! I am shooting for Level 3.

babywings76 said:
I'm going... if I reach my goal. I just calculated it. If I can recruit 5 people, hold 8 shows a month with an average of $450 in sales each show, it's possible. Very hard, maybe I won't succeed, but I'm sure going to try! It's a whole year to do it!

Exactly! I'm going for it!

Here is the picture of the wallpaper on my desktop! I got it from a friend of mine who recently went to Disney. Feel free to use it! I also downloaded disney screensavers. I want to have it in front of me to keep me motivated!

WaltDisneyWorld.jpg

That's a good idea Brenda!
My director was one (like some here) who when she opened the box, everything fell out, so it was obvious where it was. So, she brought us some little Disney figurines & cute little foam puzzle pieces. Goofy is coming with me to every show from now on, so I can tell people about it. And I"m getting magnets to stick on my puzzle pieces for the fridge. I have 4....one that each family member likes.

I am booking the heck out of Jan:D

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm not going. I'd have to do 2-3 shows a week. There is no way with my family life I am willing to do that even for Disney:)!

Maybe you should wait to see what you can do! I'm going to have to work harder & smarter than ever but I want to TRY and do it! I have 2 grandkids...2 yo and almost 3 months. That would be awesome to do this with all of us. My Hospitality Cluster is going to rent a bus to take us all! We'll use the "travel allowance" to rent the bus and still have money left over!! I know we'll have to "buy in" the baby but she won't even be 2 and I'm not sure she would have to pay anyway!

LET'S DO IT!!!:D:chef:

pcchefjane said:
Maybe you should wait to see what you can do! I'm going to have to work harder & smarter than ever but I want to TRY and do it! I have 2 grandkids...2 yo and almost 3 months. That would be awesome to do this with all of us. My Hospitality Cluster is going to rent a bus to take us all! We'll use the "travel allowance" to rent the bus and still have money left over!! I know we'll have to "buy in" the baby but she won't even be 2 and I'm not sure she would have to pay anyway!

That is a great idea on for the bus!!

I'll be honest, I really don't want to try that hard for it. I'm actually thinking of taking 3 months off next year. I need a break from PC.

I'm chearing for the rest of you though. Disney is a wonderful place and going Pampered Chef style would be awesome!!

Not sure if I will get the trip or not, but I know how hard it is to keep a secret from kids. A good friend and I have kept the secret for almost a year from her 13 year old daughter. She knows she is going to Florida, but not to Disney. We won't tell her until we get there. It's going to be even harder not saying the big D on the drive down. PS. We leave the day after Thanksgiving.

I wasn't overly excited about the trip myself either. :( We took the kids 2 years ago for Christmas, I've been there 4 times in the last 20 years, and DH has been there 6-7 times.

I would much rather prefer for the Disney Cruise as a trip option. :D

I went ahead and told my family -they are EXCITED, even DS who will be 18 and graduated -surprised me :eek: , the girls will be 11 & 13 at trip time.

The first thing my 9 yo DD said is "Do we get to stay at the resort?" :rolleyes:
Like she would know what that all means!

Anyways, they know they can ask me how my day went, if I scheduled any shows, talked to any potential recruits -signed anyone, etc. :thumbup:

I'd like to have them help out more around here, w/not much success, but maybe I can enforce that they need to Step-Up to help me help all of us get to Disney for FREE! :)

I'm going to go over the details w/DH and figure out the game plan, I mean my goals!

Brenda you motivated me so here is mine!!
disney-mgm-studios-sorcerer-hat-1.jpg

lacychef said:
My director was one (like some here) who when she opened the box, everything fell out, so it was obvious where it was. So, she brought us some little Disney figurines & cute little foam puzzle pieces. Goofy is coming with me to every show from now on, so I can tell people about it. And I"m getting magnets to stick on my puzzle pieces for the fridge. I have 4....one that each family member likes.

I like the idea of taking a figurine!

pcchefjane said:

Oh, I really like this idea!

lacychef said:

Lacy as soon as I read this, I looked at a tigger pic holder. I can use that for my booking tree at my shows, so thanks for the idea!!!

I can't believe we can take our family to disney world for FREE!!!

That's one thing that my upline mentioned at our meeting Monday - there's a lot of stuff out there that we can use to present the trip at our shows or team meetings.

pamperedalf said:
Lacy as soon as I read this, I looked at a tigger pic holder. I can use that for my booking tree at my shows, so thanks for the idea!!!

I can't believe we can take our family to disney world for FREE!!!

That's a fantastic idea too! I love this thread! I have a Disney picture holder somewhere too!

Amanda... I stole your background!

I need to do my own but my program to add words to photos is on my other puter!

Thanks! LOVE IT!

etteluap70PC said:
Amanda... I stole your background!

I need to do my own but my program to add words to photos is on my other puter!

Thanks! LOVE IT!

Paulette steal away, I just went to google image and searched disney world wallpaper, then uploaded it to to photobucket to add the words. I picked this pic because ds loved that pic.

I am working on making a tracking chart for ds to help me fill it in. Now I just need to do it.

Still havent' told my kids yet....they haven't asked anymore! I will tell them....I want to make their own tracking chart too.

Ok, my DH just told me on his computer he put a countdown to our Disney trip!!!!! What pressure!!!!!!!!!!! I have 4 shows on my calendar for January and just need to add 16 more for my personal goal of having 20 shows in January for double points. I think he is going to keep me accountable.

Nicki...My boyfriend told his Mom about the trip we would take my mom and his mom...She lives 4 hours away and is already starting with a catalog party and plans to have me come for a weekend in January to do a party for her friends and family and to have an additional party at his sisters which is 45 minutes away...

You and I both...20 in January!!!!! We CAN and WILL Rock it!

That's great to have the support from your families!

I'm thinking about showing my kids the video on CC; I showed it to dh last night.

ughubug said:
Nicki...My boyfriend told his Mom about the trip we would take my mom and his mom...She lives 4 hours away and is already starting with a catalog party and plans to have me come for a weekend in January to do a party for her friends and family and to have an additional party at his sisters which is 45 minutes away...

You and I both...20 in January!!!!! We CAN and WILL Rock it!

And we will be exhausted when January is over. The last time I earned this trip I was a stay at home mom and now I have 2 part time jobs and a son getting ready to play his first year of travel Baseball starting in January and going through July. But I am determined to go to Disney on PC!!!!!

Are there any perks (rebates) for not taking 4 people? If I earn the trip, there really isn't anyone who I'd want to have share a room with my husband and I.

chefjeanine said:
Are there any perks (rebates) for not taking 4 people? If I earn the trip, there really isn't anyone who I'd want to have share a room with my husband and I.
That was a question I had, too. At the very least, I guess we could sell the 2 extra park passes.

chefann said:
That was a question I had, too. At the very least, I guess we could sell the 2 extra park passes.

I thought you and I might be on the same wave-length on this one. . . :)

Disney would be a wonderful vacation for us! I am trying to set up as much as I can for January for double points month! I'm brand new and still in my first 30 days, so I think it's a stretch for me to acomplish it, but I'm going to try my darnedest!

candiejayne said:
Disney would be a wonderful vacation for us! I am trying to set up as much as I can for January for double points month! I'm brand new and still in my first 30 days, so I think it's a stretch for me to acomplish it, but I'm going to try my darnedest!

You are at a super advantage!!!
Realistically it only takes 2 shows a week with a catalog show or 2 thrown in to reach level 2. I truly believe it is very atainable! You are new so don't have any bad habits yet. Start off right away with 321 and customer care and you will be all set!

I'm going to Disney. My goal is Level 3. I really want the first time achievers breakfast and the morning group breakfast! Plus, Contemporary looks really nice!!

My kids will be 5 and not quite 2 at the time of the Disney trip, and I think it would be such a special trip for our family that I'm definitely going to try for it. Does anyone know if a child under 2 would count toward the family of 4? I would like to bring along our babysitter so DH and I could have a little fun while the kids sleep!

So I'm making a plan for 2009 to really make it happen! I'm shooting for Level 2.

I'm really stacking January for those double points, and also because January is the last month of my 90 days and I want all the PC bucks I can get! DH is self employed and winter is his slow season, so he's agreed to come home early on show nights to watch the kids. What a sweetie! The rest of the year I won't have quite as much freedom with childcare, so I'm taking advantage!!

So here's my plan for January:

3-2-1, of COURSE!

Mystery Host $1,000 catalog show - For my friends who want to support me but don't want to have a show themselves.

At least 8 cooking shows - I'm doing two holiday booths and hopefully will get the chance to book four shows from each of those, plus whatever I book from the shows from friends and family in November/December. I'm going to encourage January bookings because of the great special!

Pamper 4 Businesses - we have a cute little downtown area with tons of boutiques and pampering places like nail salons. I'm going to hit as many up as I need to to get 4 catalog shows!

What can I add to this to really boost my sales?

koima said:
My kids will be 5 and not quite 2 at the time of the Disney trip, and I think it would be such a special trip for our family that I'm definitely going to try for it. Does anyone know if a child under 2 would count toward the family of 4? I would like to bring along our babysitter so DH and I could have a little fun while the kids sleep!

So I'm making a plan for 2009 to really make it happen! I'm shooting for Level 2.

I'm really stacking January for those double points, and also because January is the last month of my 90 days and I want all the PC bucks I can get! DH is self employed and winter is his slow season, so he's agreed to come home early on show nights to watch the kids. What a sweetie! The rest of the year I won't have quite as much freedom with childcare, so I'm taking advantage!!

So here's my plan for January:

3-2-1, of COURSE!

Mystery Host $1,000 catalog show - For my friends who want to support me but don't want to have a show themselves.

At least 8 cooking shows - I'm doing two holiday booths and hopefully will get the chance to book four shows from each of those, plus whatever I book from the shows from friends and family in November/December. I'm going to encourage January bookings because of the great special!

Pamper 4 Businesses - we have a cute little downtown area with tons of boutiques and pampering places like nail salons. I'm going to hit as many up as I need to to get 4 catalog shows!

What can I add to this to really boost my sales?

I'm not sure how it would work, but you could plan for your sitter & then buy in the baby if necessary (park tix, etc). You probably wouldn't need a ticket for that one. Who knows what the airlines will require at that time though.

Koima -

Sounds like you have a plan!! Way to go!!! :thumbup:

I would love to book up my January, but I will have a newborn at home (she could be as old as 4 weeks when January starts or as young as 2 weeks), so I'm hesitant to start booking too early into January. I do have 2 shows and a bridal shower so far on the books for January (just in the later part). I am getting geared to get on the phone and book my January full!! But will definitely be booking up the end of January more than the beginning.

I may also do a cooking show at my house, mystery host style, b/c as much as I want to do a mystery host catty show again, I'm currently doing one and don't want to overload my contact list with it. I am also going to steal your idea of pampering at least 4 business!! 4 catty shows on top of whatever I have going on would definitely be a bonus and could help boost my sales!!

I want to earn Disney sooo bad!! At trip time I will have a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old, so I'm also curious about whether under 2 counts. If not, my mom and dad can fight out who else gets to come to be our "sitter" and spend time at Disney! OR maybe they can both come and we'll buy in our 3 year old. That might work better. :)

I'm going to give it my best shot !! we'll see what I can do in a year.. hopefully I'll make it :) My kids would go crazy!

ChefJoyJ said:
Koima -

Sounds like you have a plan!! Way to go!!! :thumbup:

I would love to book up my January, but I will have a newborn at home (she could be as old as 4 weeks when January starts or as young as 2 weeks), so I'm hesitant to start booking too early into January. I do have 2 shows and a bridal shower so far on the books for January (just in the later part). I am getting geared to get on the phone and book my January full!! But will definitely be booking up the end of January more than the beginning.

I have a 2 month old and a 3 year old, and it's tough to get things done but th baby mostly sleeps at this stage. It's your own sleep that you're going to have the hardest time working around! Have you read "Happiest Baby on the Block"? If not, run, don't walk, to your local library! It is a lifesaver!

I haven't qualified yet, so no bridal showers for me. Maybe I'll try to squeeze in a fundraiser...

Oh, and good idea on bringing Grandma and Grandpa!! We could take along my nephew and my two kiddos and it is bound to be cheaper for buying in the little guys than the grown ups. (Grandpa is a bit grumpy with crowds, but might like Disney in the hours before/after the park opening, and then willing to hang back with the kids when they're napping.)

I wanted to let you know what I did w/ my new planner. I am a very visual person & have put the flyer from the meeting on the fridge, went and picked up a book from the travel agent to look at, & getting a better picture of the hotels PC chose.
Level 2 ~ a moderate hotel
Level 3 & 4 ~ are deluxe hotels (I want Level 3, if I am really good I may get level 4)Anyways I took the other flyer (same one that is on the fridge) & cut all the pics out and the levels out. I went through the calendar and filled in what I need to do monthly for the whole year. I will reach level 1 by the end of March so I glued the level 1 requirements at the end of March to remind me. Same for level 2 in August, same for level 3 in November when I follow my plan.I glued the pictures on each month and added a few I printed online. Next I am going to put disney stickers in there as a nice reminder of where we are going. I also glued The Celebrate the magic in the big cranberry dot (I love the new cover, I love the dots) on the front cover.

I went to Disney World with Pampered Chef in '05. They had an option for two or an option for four and I chose the option for four, taking with me my sister and her husband (she's obsessed with Disney). My sister was a little reserved about doing "Pampered Chef things." Well, that changed when we went to MGM (PC closed down MGM that year for us). We walked in on a red carpet, and PC had hired 200 people to act like papparazzi! I still remember my sister turning around and looking at me with this total look of delighted surprise on her face. We could eat anywhere in the park we wanted, and they had the PC logo lit up on the buildings and ground. I'm very excited for this trip! I just can't wait to see what they do extra! (By the way, my sis still talks about that trip to everyone she knows!)

Amanda, that's great! What new planner--is it the PC one? I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm working on my plan today.

I am going to try my best to earn this trip. My son will be 3 1/2 when we go. I am thinking of taking grandma and grandpa with us. My mom would love this trip. Plus it would be a great anniversary present for them which is the 10th of june.
Here is my hangup....I have a toddler at home plus work a 40+hours work week...then do PC as a side thing. Am I completely setting my goal way too high or is there others that are in the same situation and have earned this goal? My DH says go for it....and understands he will be responsible for more things at home....so I have that support. I haven't told my mom and dad about them possibly going on the trip but am sure my mom will be my #1 customer!

PCSarahjm said:
I am going to try my best to earn this trip. My son will be 3 1/2 when we go. I am thinking of taking grandma and grandpa with us. My mom would love this trip. Plus it would be a great anniversary present for them which is the 10th of june.
Here is my hangup....I have a toddler at home plus work a 40+hours work week...then do PC as a side thing. Am I completely setting my goal way too high or is there others that are in the same situation and have earned this goal? My DH says go for it....and understands he will be responsible for more things at home....so I have that support. I haven't told my mom and dad about them possibly going on the trip but am sure my mom will be my #1 customer!

get her to be your #1 RECRUIT in 2009!! :DThat will help you waaaayyy more!

PCSarahjm said:

Why not try? The worst that's going to happen is that you don't make it, but you'll know that you've tried. :) I'm setting my goals for Level 3. I really want to stay at the contemporary resort. I've got my hubby on board, plus my mom. I think we'll buy in two kids & mom wants to go to. I really want to earn this trip! :) My mom's b-day is the June 9th.

PCSarahjm - I think it's doable if you really push it. Here's my plan:

52,000 points needed
-3,000 Leadership (I'm going, heck or high water!)
-8,000 - 4 qualified recruits
-12,800 - 16 shows in January, averaging $400/show (double points for January)

The rest of the year, I have to make just $2,400 a month, or 6 shows at $400/month. That's really reasonable. If I'm following 3-2-1, it's less than full time for every month but January.

I upped my January and I think that will make all the difference. I'm offering 3 shows each Saturday, since DH can be home with the kids with no problem, and 2 weeknight shows each week. I have one STACKED weekend in my mom's town - one show for her (Friday night), two for friends, one for a friend's mom (Saturday).

Write down the goals and how you can make it work. I figured that doing a Mystery Host Sale four times next year, plus holiday online sales like President's Day, Mother's Day, and Black Friday, can all increase my points without too much work.

crystalscookingnow said:
Why not try? The worst that's going to happen is that you don't make it, but you'll know that you've tried. :) I'm setting my goals for Level 3. I really want to stay at the contemporary resort. I've got my hubby on board, plus my mom. I think we'll buy in two kids & mom wants to go to. I really want to earn this trip! :) My mom's b-day is the June 9th.[/QUOTE]

My DS's b-day is also June 9th. He will be 7 yrs old in 2010. This would be the best present that I could ever give him. I HAVE to earn this trip!!!!!

koima said:
PCSarahjm - I think it's doable if you really push it. Here's my plan:

52,000 points needed
-3,000 Leadership (I'm going, heck or high water!)
-8,000 - 4 qualified recruits
-12,800 - 16 shows in January, averaging $400/show (double points for January)

The rest of the year, I have to make just $2,400 a month, or 6 shows at $400/month. That's really reasonable. If I'm following 3-2-1, it's less than full time for every month but January.

I upped my January and I think that will make all the difference. I'm offering 3 shows each Saturday, since DH can be home with the kids with no problem, and 2 weeknight shows each week. I have one STACKED weekend in my mom's town - one show for her (Friday night), two for friends, one for a friend's mom (Saturday).

Write down the goals and how you can make it work. I figured that doing a Mystery Host Sale four times next year, plus holiday online sales like President's Day, Mother's Day, and Black Friday, can all increase my points without too much work.

Thank you so much for sharing your plan. It looks so easy. I have started penciling in dates that I know are open for shows. I want to try to do 10-15 shows in January. One of my hosts is sort of interested in becoming a consultant....so excited about that!. We will have to keep a thread going to see how we are all coming along with our goals.

lacychef said:
Amanda, that's great! What new planner--is it the PC one? I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm working on my plan today.

Yes it's the one PC gave us!!

I have to admit. I was a little bummed when they announced the trip. This will be my first full year starting in 2009, so I was looking forward to 'options'. To explain- I'm actually going to Disney in less than 2 weeks for the first time with our two kids (7 and 5). We'll be there 10 days. SO this trip was a little of a let down.....BUT, I'm still going to try for it! I'm sure after this trip in December we are taking, we'll want to go again! The boys will be older, and it will be warmer, so can do the water-stuff.

And what the heck! Free is FREE and we're cutting back on the expensive vacations for awhile!! (Took a 1 week trip to Maui last February, and then Disney in December....next year...TENT CAMPING! :D)

esavvymom said:
And what the heck! Free is FREE and we're cutting back on the expensive vacations for awhile!! (Took a 1 week trip to Maui last February, and then Disney in December....next year...TENT CAMPING! :D)

You can do this at WDW too! I remember hearing about it a lot when we were growing up and never hear about it now. I was looking around the website the other day and stumbled upon it at WDW. It's an affordable option to the resorts, but with alligators! :eek:

Got my planner yesterday--cute:)

To the question about working FT/doing PC...it can totally be done! My friend in my cluster (posts here sometimes!) works FT, has 2 small kids, and does PC. She has earned 3 level 2 trips, & has almost earned Paris this year. You just have to put your mind to it!

My plan for level 3:
-12000 6 recruits
-3000 leadership
-500 promote to director
-12000 6K sales in Jan double
divide by 11 months
4227 monthly sales or 8 shows per month with 500 average

wa-hoo!:D

lacychef said:
Got my planner yesterday--cute:)

To the question about working FT/doing PC...it can totally be done! My friend in my cluster (posts here sometimes!) works FT, has 2 small kids, and does PC. She has earned 3 level 2 trips, & has almost earned Paris this year. You just have to put your mind to it!

My plan for level 3:
-12000 6 recruits
-3000 leadership
-500 promote to director
-12000 6K sales in Jan double
divide by 11 months
4227 monthly sales or 8 shows per month with 500 average

wa-hoo!:D

When you spell it out like that, it certainly does seem do-able!!

It totally is! We just have to follow....3..2..1:)

<h2>1. Should I tell my kids about our upcoming Disney trip?</h2><p>This is ultimately a personal decision and will depend on your children's ages and personalities. Some parents may choose to tell their kids in order to get them excited and involved in the planning process. However, others may want to keep it a surprise to add to the excitement and anticipation.</p><h2>2. What are the pros and cons of telling my kids about the trip?</h2><p>As mentioned before, telling your kids can get them excited and involved in the planning process, making them more motivated to help you earn the trip. On the other hand, it could also lead to constant questions and reminders about the trip, which may become overwhelming. Additionally, if for some reason the trip doesn't happen, your kids may be disappointed.</p><h2>3. How can I manage my kids' expectations if I do tell them about the trip?</h2><p>One way to manage expectations is to make it clear that the trip is not guaranteed and that it is dependent on you earning it. You can also set realistic goals and deadlines for earning the trip, and involve your kids in the process so they understand the effort and work that goes into it.</p><h2>4. Are there any alternative ways to surprise my kids with the Disney trip?</h2><p>If you decide not to tell your kids about the trip, there are still ways to surprise them. You can plan a fun Disney-themed day or movie night and reveal the trip at the end. Or, you can create a countdown calendar leading up to the trip to build excitement and reveal it on the last day.</p><h2>5. What are your plans for earning the trip with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>I am aiming for level 3 with TPC earned, which is the highest level and requires the most sales. However, your goals may vary depending on your personal sales and dedication. It's important to set achievable goals and stay motivated throughout the year to earn the trip.</p>

Related to Excited for Disney: Parenting Dilemma - To Tell or Not to Tell?

1. Should I tell my kids about our upcoming Disney trip?

This is ultimately a personal decision and will depend on your children's ages and personalities. Some parents may choose to tell their kids in order to get them excited and involved in the planning process. However, others may want to keep it a surprise to add to the excitement and anticipation.

2. What are the pros and cons of telling my kids about the trip?

As mentioned before, telling your kids can get them excited and involved in the planning process, making them more motivated to help you earn the trip. On the other hand, it could also lead to constant questions and reminders about the trip, which may become overwhelming. Additionally, if for some reason the trip doesn't happen, your kids may be disappointed.

3. How can I manage my kids' expectations if I do tell them about the trip?

One way to manage expectations is to make it clear that the trip is not guaranteed and that it is dependent on you earning it. You can also set realistic goals and deadlines for earning the trip, and involve your kids in the process so they understand the effort and work that goes into it.

4. Are there any alternative ways to surprise my kids with the Disney trip?

If you decide not to tell your kids about the trip, there are still ways to surprise them. You can plan a fun Disney-themed day or movie night and reveal the trip at the end. Or, you can create a countdown calendar leading up to the trip to build excitement and reveal it on the last day.

5. What are your plans for earning the trip with Pampered Chef?

I am aiming for level 3 with TPC earned, which is the highest level and requires the most sales. However, your goals may vary depending on your personal sales and dedication. It's important to set achievable goals and stay motivated throughout the year to earn the trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Sales